Group & Private Classes without registered business name.
Below are the various Names Used Prior To 2012 for all Indian Culture Dances, Ethnic Dances of India, Bollywood Fusions(College Level), Classical Fusions(Advance College Levels), Indian Folk Dances, Folk Dances of India’s regions or states and all Community as well as private events.
Dallas Sitare, Dallas Dance, Irving Gals, Dallas Dancers, Desi Dancers, Naach, Dallas Boys, Desi Beats, Nach Le, Dallas Desi, Groovy Boys, Graceful Girls, Dallas Stars, Irving Boys, etc. and many others.
Other times, no names were used as it was not required or asked (Updated March17, 2018)
2012 : Grace And Grooves LLC was established and registered in State of Texas by Hetal Nagaraj.
- Indian Folk Dances and Bharatnatyam were the only programs offered.
- Private Groups as in Couple Dances, Therapy Dance Lessons For Couples, Marriage Parties, Mehdi Nights, Birthday Parties, Sweet 16 Parties, Bollywood Fusion with Classical Dances continued as they were since 1999 by Hetal.
- Most clients were NRIs(Non-Resident Legal Indian Residents of United States) settled here in Dallas-Metroplex Areas such as Vidya Vikas Hindu Temple Classes, Northlake College & several other colleges while a few were Non-Indians such as Mexican, Italian, African-American and few students from other religions-to take guidance on dance dramas that included Indian Dances. (Similar to Hetal Nagaraj’s schooling).
- Number of students registered 50+ all ages from 5 years old to teenagers and young adults.
2013 : Grace Creations performing team was formed
- Grace Creations performing team was to encourage fusion of various Indian as well Non-Indian dance forms and styles for experienced trained dancers who wanted to go an extra mile in creativity and for those who wanted to performed on regular basis.
- All students were trained exclusively in their own dance forms and styles. These were exclusively with artist collaborations. Click Here.
- Bollywood classes were for private groups to friends only targeting specific performances or if there was competition. Students were signed-up likewise as in group enrollment.
- Pre-Elementary Bharatnatyam Classes were introduced in Irving-Texas, Coppell-Texas, Keller-Texas and Southlake-Texas exclusively taught by Hetal.
- Around 15 students registered for Grace Creations exclusive program that were trained in various Non-Indian performing arts such as Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Hiphop, contemporary and Lyrical. Other students were bharatnatyam students from other styles, kathak dancers and odissi dancers.
2014 : Bharatnatyam was introduced with structured curriculum.
- Pre-Elementary Elementary to Advance Levels exclusively taught by Hetal.
- Curriculum was reinforced and revised as per university guidelines and meet latest trends in creativity.
- Professional Bharatnatyam Lessons were introduced to advance students with little classical or competitive background.
- Classes in Bharatnatyam, Bollywood(Private Group Per Event) and Indian Folk Dances were offered separately in Irving-Texas, Coppell-Texas, Southlake-Texas, Frisco(Private Lessons and Workshops), Grapevine-Texas, Keller-Texas, Flowermound-Texas.
2014 – 2015 : Choreographers joined as interns or volunteers.
- Choreographers as in volunteers joined as Assistant.
- Bollywood/Tollywood/Indian Movie Dances were introduced as a independent program by levels.
- Choreographers(beginners/interns) teaching guided choreography of Hetal during the class with strict supervision and in presence of Hetal for all dance forms and styles. This included practice classes.
- Mansi and Deepthi joined for all performances and Elite Level was formed in Bollywood Dance Lessons.
- Classes in Bharatnatyam, Bollywood(Private Group Per Event Continued) and Indian Folk Dances were offered separately in Irving-Texas, Coppell-Texas, Southlake-Texas, Frisco(Private Lessons and Workshops), Plano-Texas, Grapevine-Texas, Keller-Texas, Flowermound-Texas.
- Structured Programs in Bharatnatyam as full course was offered for Kalakshetra Style with enrollment of 8 students.
2015 : Bollywood, Tollywood, and Indian Movie Dances was introduced.
- Recreational Classes were introduced in Bollywood and Bharatnatyam(Southlake) for those who don’t want to perform or do it strictly for recreational purpose.
- Structured Program was further enhanced for Bharatnatyam, Folk Dances of India, and Bollywood/Tollywood/Indian Movie Dances.
- Bollywood/Tollywood Dances got Level by Level structure to focus on body mechanics, movements, ability level as per age and was successfully implemented.
- 2015-2016 – All Elite Students were trained separately –
- For Targetted Indian Folk Dances by Hetal,
- Professional Bharatnatyam by Hetal,
- Professional Kathak Workshops by Mansi and then further by Hetal.
- Choreographers started teaching independently their own works with minimal or no supervision or with/without direction from Hetal Nagaraj.
- Artist Collaborations : Click Here.
- Skype Lessons were introduced for Bharatnatyam, Bollywood And Indian Folk Dances and successfully implemented and continued. Choreographers : Hetal, Buvaneshwari.
- Professional Bharatnatyam And Kathak Choreography Classes were introduced for students with background of advance dance forms or dance styles exclusively for competition and special feature purposes.
- Classes in Bharatnatyam, Bollywood(Private Group Per Event) and Indian Folk Dances were offered separately in Irving-Texas, Coppell-Texas, Southlake-Texas, Frisco(Private Lessons and Workshops), Plano-Texas, Grapevine-Texas, Keller-Texas, Flowermound-Texas.
- Hiphop Classes at recreational level started in late 2015 – 2016 Jan exclusively by Hetal Nagaraj – www.hetaln.com
2016 : Musical Dance Dramas were added to Annual Programs.
- This was to encourage dramatic elements of Dance (Natya and Navarasa as in dance-skits) under the strict supervision of Hetal with a full 4-8 Minute of Dance Routines depending on organizers requests.
- Grace And Grooves aims in completing all the Navarasa by the end of year for all students in all dance forms, styles and dance categories.
- Grace Creations Program was kept on hold.
- Classes in Bharatnatyam, Bollywood and Indian Folk Dances were offered separately in Irving-Texas, Coppell-Texas, Southlake-Texas(Recreational Classes), Frisco(Private Lessons, Workshops, Recreational Classes), Plano-Texas, Grapevine-Texas, Flowermound-Texas.
- Recreational Classes for Bollywood continued for those who don’t want to perform regularly aiming encouragement for recreational dancers.
2017 September And Onwards :
Dance Forms and Bollywood was separated with seperate DBA to submit in different competitions and audiences.
- Nruthyakala Dance Academy : For All The Classical Dance Forms and Dances within Categories.
- Mirchi Dance Academy : For All The Bollywood-Tollywood and Indian Movie Dances w/or without remixes. We do ALL dances that happens in movies.
Date/Month this post was updated : November 7, 2017.
2018 February :
- Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : Bharatnatyam Program made it to seperate DBA to submit to different competitions, audiences and to demanding trends of creative Bharatnatyam choreography works from university trainings & past trainings of Hetal Nagaraj’s Mother – Lt. Smt. Daksha Trivedi Joshi (D.M Joshi), Guru(s), Institutes & Schools. Exclusive to Pre-Elementary, Elementary, Standard, Creative and Accelerated Bharatanatyam Dances.
- Bharatnatyam Theme & Dance Dramas will dance under Kalasri.
- Name is inspired from Kala as in art and Shri/Sri/Shree written as “श्री” in Devanagari. Wherein, Sri is salutation given in tamil language with regards to Bharatnatyam where sri is most acceptable layman term for shri or shree or “श्री”. Likewise in Sanskrit.
- Nruthyakala Dance Academy will serve to Non.Classical Dance Forms & Dances within its categories or forms.
- Semi-Classical Folk Dances will be part of Nruthyakala and dancers are trained in the following :
- Bharatnatyam Programs for at-least 12-15 hours plus vigorous practices
- are existing students of Bharatnatyam program & have been trained in Indian Folk Dances with Grace And Grooves LLC Or Students of any other Bharatnatyam/Indian Folk Dance Company (Must do Trial Class).
- Semi-Classical Folk Dances will be part of Nruthyakala and dancers are trained in the following :
2018 August :
- Elite Dancers of Grace And Grooves LLC named Ashna Pethe, Nirja Setty, Samarth Setty were launched to venture and step out for bigger production houses, modeling companies and various such other paid, unpaid, and volunteer projects.
- Grace Creations was relaunched by trained bollywood hip-hop dancers and fully trained Indian Folk Dances.
2018 September :
- Rg2 Dance Productions was formed in collaboration with Raagaleena Dance Academy (A Premier Kuchipudi and Bollywood Indian Dance Company In Irving) for various locations to provide bigger, better and more refined quality dance works for all the Bollywood, Hiphop and related dance productions. Very First Dance Production of RG2 Productions went LIVE in LIVE audience on September 29, 2018 with around 15 advance dancers of Raagaleena Dance Academy and Grace And Grooves LLC in total and with an audience of over 250 people.
- ALL Costume & Jewelry Exclusively Designed, Provided by Hetal Nagaraj.
- Choreographers-Swapna, Anusha. Hetal (Grand Finale).
- Concept, Direction : Hetal & Swapna.
- Dhamaal Events was launched in partnership with more than 25% share with Hetal Nagaraj and as part of Grace And Grooves regular events for all the dance related major outside activities other than routine dance lessons on social media. This was in association with speciality dance & theatre businesses too. Initial Journey of Dhamaalevents – Click Here.
2018 December :
- RG2 Dance Productions was dissolved with mutual agreement between Grace And Grooves LLC and Raagaleena Dance Academy due to unpredicted emergency travel dates of owner of Raagalaeena Dance Academy.
- Anantha-1 Series were announced. More about Anantha-1.
2019 January :
- Anantha-1 was successfully showcased without ANY Bollywood or other dances.
- Costume Line launched successfully.
- 2019 – Dhamaal Events was bought in FULL 100%.
2019 February :
- Our friends & partners at Dhamaal Events became family of Grace And Grooves LLC under supervision of Hetal Nagaraj.
- Anish Rangrej Visited DFW AGAIN and this time Dhamaal Events made a louder noise with structured level by level Navaratri Garba & Dodhiya Workshops. From Beginners To Intermediate and Advance. Lot of dancers who had started their workshops with Hetal last year as beginners or intermediate had a chance this Navaratri season to complete their Intermediate and Advance steps with Anish as the sudden dates of his arrival and workshops aligned.
- Our Artistic Director Hetal Nagaraj Very First Non-Profit Choreo went LIVE on August 24, 2019 in 2 different categories of dances : Bollywood Traditional Dances featuring community folk and Fusion Category.
- Costumes, Jewelry, Makeup for Adults : Hetal Nagaraj. Adult Age : Young Adults to 50s. Traditional Bollywood Dances Non Profit for Mirchi Dance Academy. Intermediate to Advance.
- Kids Costumes Hetal Nagaraj in Coordination with Nisha. Kids Age : 6 to 12 years. A Tribute to Shiamak Davar’s Funk-Fusion Non.Profit for Grace Creations Fusion Company. Level : Beginners To Intermediate.
- Our First International Artist who came for residency program on Indian Folk Dances (Not to confuse with bollywood, fusion or lok nritya/community dances).
- 2019 September 14, 2019 – Our first Bollywood Dance Production featuring Sarvaa Dance Production featuring Bharatanatyam, Folk And Bollywood along with an exclusive Fusion Category of Dances was successfully showcased in DFW of North Texas at Killian Middle School.
- 2019 November, 2019 – Our Very First Kalaripayattu Batches Begins…
- 2019 December, 2019 – Rang Indian Folk Dance Productions were announced
2020 January Onwards:
- 2020 January, 2020 – US Tour of Revanta Sarabhai (From Darpana Academy of Performing Arts, Ahmedabad) was published officially for his exclusive US Tour Solo Dance performance as part of Anantha Classical Dance Production.
- 2020 March 28: Anantha Classical Dance Production got postponed until further notice due to Covid 19. ALL shows postponed due to Covid-19.
- 2020 April 1 : Grace And Grooves first time Online Classes for existing / enrolled students started (due to shutdown/lockdown due to Covid 19). Classes to her own friend circle, friends, families, dance teachers’ students has been happening from 1999 as continuation.
- 2020 April : Several new teachers/graduates of Grace And Grooves started first time internships under the leadership of Hetal Nagaraj. Some started their first time teaching internships!
- 2020 May : Grace And Grooves took over Reachh Mediaa, a blog & artist management company that was owned by freelancer and was taking care of company’s blog/you-tube releases – video submissions from 2013.
- 2020 May onwards, all the classes including the NEW registration started for DFW Areas of North Texas. Online Class Schedule.
- 2020 June End Onwards : Santosh, our pre-judgement competition team member started teaching online. He was also our featuring artist for Sarvaa Dance Production 2020 which got postponed due to Covid-19 pandemic lockdowns/show cancellations.
- 2020 marks our year where several of our pre-judgement competition judges and team members start teaching regular basis for our online and in-person classes along with Hetal Nagaraj.
- Including Hetal Nagaraj, all of them are International Teachers/Dancers/Artists as of 2020.
- Dhamaal Events Website was moved to grace and grooves website. A DBA was formed under Grace And Grooves in 2020 to carry forward the legacy under same brand. Check NEW page of Dhamaalevents.
For Those Who Do Not Know :
Hetal Nagaraj Specializes in Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Processes & several such subjects due to her strong education background other than just her experience. About her expertise, www.hetaln.com.
Most of the above names that you read were actual businesses that were either bought from partnerships or bought from mergers and later became our DBA formed under Grace And Grooves; as and when applicable by law or by various other factors, with full rights to run business and services under the leadership of Hetal Nagaraj.
These mergers do not include the following – At- least UNTIL NOW November 2020 :
- ANY programs offered by other artists with us OR
- Offered by Hetal somewhere else OR
- Offered as the part of our teams OR
- Offered by other institutes in % or fixed amounts OR
- Any workshop artists who are our visiting faculties or guests OR
- These mergers are NOT because we do not specialize in it OR
- Part of ANY collaborations with other artists (that’s seperate — Click Here).
These are :
- These are business mergers or acquisitions on paper with full list of products, services, assets & liabilities. OR
- Direct partnerships offered to/by Hetal Nagaraj OR
- Direct partnerships offered to/by the company Grace And Grooves LLC itself under leadership of Hetal Nagaraj.
Call NOW 972 979 2559 | email@example.com
We take the honors of what is NOT in our dances, it is that pure!
All Pictures posted here are with an exclusive consent of participating students, parents or school staffs. This material can not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Enjoy some of the undertakings logo(s)…..Work in Progress!!!
We are asked this lot of times, sometimes when people call……..Why Compete!!! What does it get you ? Do you compete because you are not confident…LOL NO…!
Here is why we have culture to compete, perform and do educational activities.
You heard that right, culture to compete is encouraged but not necessary. Our job is to inform you, tell you pros and cons. You do it or you do not it, there is no compromise in dance 🙂 You will still learn the same exact thing even if you do not compete and in same number of classes!
Competitions that we go to are : Healthy, Fun, technique focused/education field/ and lot of them come with really good $$, some are strictly amateur level while some are really good/tough/hard/strict/competitive on techniques and other rubrics. Read about rubrics!
Benefits of competing or even giving the best performance, if you were to give !
- You compete because it is not always for the win….! Some competitions will teach lot of other things that even education mainstream will not give you that exposure. It is about being there, feeling it, going through it that will give you the experience.
- It teaches healthy sportsmanship…You will still be friends, classmates whether or not you got the wins or lose!
- You compete so that you know what comes out of you, under that pressures!
- You compete so that when you lose, it does not bother you. It becomes fun!
- You learn to lose and still do it all over again & learn to never give up.
- You win it and still do it all over again; as if it never happened.
- You do competitions to understand life is not about competing. It is about giving your math exam after losing 5 different competitions and still get “A” without a cry. Oh, you bet, elites have gone through that a lot of times. Just like that you do not win. Times they have not won…and still had their exams later next week…Read About them here.
- You do competitions so that it gives you a refined audience who knows what you are doing and they have every right to comment or critic on your performance that you will not get in culture or festival audiences or even in those reality show competitions.
- You compete as if you are giving your post exam that is optional and fun.
- You compete so that when you are there, you do not lose it, no matter what happens on that day. It is the process that teaches you.
- You compete so that you learn to trust your trainings..from laughing, smiling, crying, moods or whatever that may come….even if you had worst day of your life.
- You compete so that when you get feedback (some competitions come with educational feedback), you do the fixes and do it all over again. It is the pressure under which things will happen that may surprise everybody!
- You compete so that the girl or boy you just met took your 2nd place or 1st place or 3rd place and that life is all about how best you did and for what. You get to judge yourself, understand + and – of it. And what could have got you that 1st place, if you would have prob listened to your teacher. Mind you, sometimes too much/over practice too causes failures!
- You compete so that you learn to balance everything. It is like a dart board, you hit or miss, you will play it again until the board or the dart is available!
- You compete to lead and take charge of your groups’ decision for changes that may happen or support as team member when required. It is not always about you.
- You learn to let go your ego and learn to respect others and you learn to never laugh at others. You know what it takes to be there. It is the process.
- You learn to get tired, exhausted under pressure and still do a flawless job just as trained without letting audience know of how bad your day was.
- Some competitions comes with perks/well most that we do…some $ that students earn for themselves and pay off their own fees and we do too, some give other benefits. It just depends on type of competitions.
Competing in competitions fosters not only healthy environment for sportsmanship between students, teachers, parents, and their own friends but also lot of times depending on rubrics or type of competitions, you will amaze yourself. We have had sweet surprises when our elites forgot their dance moves and made up something(surprise-their own genre steps!) and still got 1st place. Our teachers wondered that time as to where did this step come from and yet the genre suffices and gets them 1st place. Nobody knew till date if it was mistake! While there were days when we had “oppps” moments too then back to point 10. Finish the dance even if you lost that split of the second….get back to it, right away!
Do you know, not all our students compete. While not all our students perform either and yet they all learn the same exact dance/technique and routine. We did it from over a decade just in DFW of North Texas ….and will continue to do so :).
This is the magic of training…And that is why whether or not you compete, there is no difference in what we teach you or these learning skills! With us, under Hetal Nagaraj, you get a guarantee of technique focused & creativity with all that straight background that we speak of…..Your child or yourself will learn same exact steps in same number of classes, no matter what the level is. See for yourself on our Youtube. The videos are clipped from master recording files of entire recording of non-stop classes.
Competing in educational competitions exposes you to educational field and not to entertainment field. Both are different and so are the dances. The entire choreography changes & techniques are far off. You will know when you will do it separately. We have them both under us for seperate category of dance requirements and they all are seperate. They are like two parallel lines that will NEVER meet or agree to each other. And for sure, that is something not to be compared or discussed. You compare when they have something in common!
Only Best Part about all the educational field dancers is that they fit very well and succeed in entertainment world of their genres because of strong knowledge, techniques/originality in them and the process of the trainings that they go through comes with its pros that no education or experience will teach. While entertainment dancers find extremely difficult to fit in educational field and related state of affairs. It becomes difficult for them to understand concepts, techniques and choreography too. Either way, this is just our experience whenever we had choreographers from entertainment field or direct industry who do not know this process of education. While who are we to argue when it comes to parallel lines. Those who have never done it will not know it!
Call NOW…Learn your life skills from sportsmanship to leadership skills with us and let dance allow you to beat the crap out of everything. 972 979 2559 is the right number. Our owner Hetal Nagaraj ( www.hetaln.com ) has a certifications in those too other than her trainings of 35 years background in Indian and Non-Indian Performing Arts. For those who do not know, she was trained exclusively under her teachers’ complete trainings, internships, guidance, mentorship, amongst the most mature and strongest leaderships and was launched by one in 1999.
Do you know ? In order to at-least get 1 win for 1 genre, you have to submit at-least 1 student or group or for audition for at-least 1 dance in 1 category/genre ? Do the math, how many of our students must have submitted per competition & per genre to create a record of 10+ years of history in all genres with technique based non-voting educational competitions 🙂 .
This just tells how much we love what we do, how we succeed in all we do…and why! try it, you will achieve it too. #trainingsrequired
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi Nagaraj| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2020.
This material cannot not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Winning 1st 3 prizes for solo(s)/group(s) in Indian Dance Competitions for over a decade in our genre of specialization for non-voting Indian Dance Competitions sounds like a big thing. It actually isn’t if you follow curriculum and keep it fun. For us, it has been a norm for Bharatanatyam, Indian Folk Dances & Bollywood/Some Tollywood and from 2013-Fusion!
HOW ? We love to share how we have been winning from over a decade in all the “stage dance competitions” and how our elites have come this far with such good paid commitments.
So, here’s our HOW TO Win Indian Dance Competitions for Dummies…! Our Fool Proof guidelines and tips for those interested.
One of main attributes in stage competitions/for all genres are : Techniques. Techniques also means right amount of expressions required at certain techniques or mood used in the dance, coordination if group, comfort level of dancers with respect to dance, stage presence and personality, choreography, costumes, makeup and drama aspect. To do it right, you have to feel it and go through it which at Grace And Grooves is a norm! Because our owner herself comes from that background of competitions from over 2 decades! Read About Ms. Hetal Nagaraj.
To begin with, what are the types of dances ?
Be it Bharatanatyam, Indian folk dances or Bollywood/Movie inspired dances; usually these dances are non-commercial dances. For bollywood or tollywood dance industry genre, there is level of dance and name of dance as well. As we all know that bollywood dances emerge from various forms or styles or certain drama attributes and thus will always have name.
However, there are certain category of dances within bollywood that do not have name because they do no follow a form or style and are purely for entertainment or let’s just say – NO RULES thus, these dances makes them commercial dances and usually gets disqualified in first round itself if you do it in-spite of rules given. Open category of competitions usually accepts these for example – most reality show competitions are based on this! That dance industry/world is entirely different than education studio. Education world competitions are to encourage the dancer to follow the rules, get finer in it and excel with feedbacks and let’s just say prepare them for higher grounds of possibilities within the form or with fusions later, if trained. Then, break the rules-it is completely dancers wish and instructor’s wish! None-the-less, our students have won these open category dance competitions with their actual dance forms itself or with fusion depending on what is allowed. Usually it will depend on judges, number of rounds in competitions and students training level in that genre. Everything goes in there…
For Bharatanatyam/Classical Dances & indian folk dances, the category is always non-commercial and standard as it is dance form. Even for entertainment, creativity is out of this world if used within the form. Most classical dances are actual dance formats/margams itself and then there are dance dramas. Not to confuse with dance musicals!
There is this entire category of exclusive Indian Folk Dances that is entirely different than the dances that are into Community stage dances/cultural dances/regional dances/bollywood inspired folk dances/ethnic dances/creative folk dances. Why ? Because of rubrics of judging and rules that go with it is entirely different for both these categories. You cannot possibly compare Folk Dances rubrics to Bollywood or with Bharatanatyam. With Bollywood having different types of techniques and some folk dances do not even have expressions as their main factor. Likewise, Bharatanatyam nritta if done will lack several attributes of nritya or natyam itself. So rubrics are often kept in % by the genre or type of entries.
Depending on competitions, they categorize fusion dances or they put them in open category. Concept of fusion dances is very simple! Some go by dance done on other music to be considered as fusion because their argument is that if dance is not danced on its actual/real music then it is not that dance. That is true but if u do not consider music at all and see the dance without music; what will you name it? That raises lot of fundamental questions. So these occurrences have been very rare in over 10 years of history that we have participated. We had 2 such competitions that we came across in entire history of 10+ years where they had that kind of rule! We got 1st place in both anyway. The only argument to this was you cannot name that dance as fusion unless 2 or more dance form or styles are used. Rest are very clear about categories & thus you’ll know it well.
Then comes the judges. First experience is always a question for you because these competitions do not tell you who the judges are and some do not specify the rubrics either but when you test waters, you’ll know! We had tested some waters — we decided not to waste time there as they were bias to one team based on their friendly relations! Then be it that way, you should call only them!
Some competitions are very transparent to names of judges and their experiences and that is fun! Last but not the least, whether or not there it is any voting. If voting then how many % is counted towards total judging points. What age group we are competing in one category/genre is also important factor for stage like dances!!
Then comes, prize money if there is one or something of that sort. Then it is motivating for students who are doing competitions regularly or something of that equivalent value. Nobody wants a 10$ trophy after spending money on hours of practices, competition fees, costumes and that just adds to a collection without a meaning!
For us at Grace And Grooves, it has been other way round. Our students have earned more, earned bigger opportunties than what they put money in! It is just boring for our students who have competed from over 10 years now to go for $10 trophies without the meaning to it. They rather spend money 50 to 60$ and do shows with us where they know they are going to get recognition, feathers to wear that they can own as skill-set, showcase as their own, perks, discounts and many more fun things to take home. A beautiful memory to take home. Budget is very important factor too!
Alas, comes the winning part after all that! Most difficult & unpredictable of all!
Just like that you do not get the wins in 1st 3 places & $$$ prizes. Here are some standard points that we have come across for rubrics in judgement & we would absolutely love to share with you:
1. Expressions 40% depending on genre. Some genres strongly requires that this element isn’t the part of dance because of restrictions on costumes, mask, type of song/pure technique competitions, or certain type of dramas. so % is then distributed.
2. Techniques 50% & % is distributed
3. Comfort level of dance & body movements-rest % divided, solo or group and as per difficulty level.
4. Coordination to music-rest % divided, if solo or group.
6. Costumes-rest % divided
7. Makeup / Dramatic effects of dance : % is divided by genre.
7. Props & usages
8. Choreography and Innovation in dance form without losing genre category—-some competitions have this highest! some have these 2 seperate.
10. Culture aspect depending on dance (if required depending on competitions since we have been to some of most difficult & strict competitions too!!!)
Sounds easy ? See you there..!!!!
Congrats to all our elites Nirja Setty, Samarth Setty, Setty Siblings, Ashna Pethe, Hetal Nagaraj, and lot of our graduates who have won them through a decade as they grew with us by balancing not only personal life but studies too.
Check out their real dances & results as they have been doing it beautifully and gracefully like cute little swans! Click Here.
Read about these budding stars : Here.
See their dance trainings at : https://www.graceandgrooves.com/our-graduates
Our Performing Teams too have won several such auditions/competitions or are called for special paid appearances : https://www.graceandgrooves.com/our-performing-team
Do not forget to sign up or subscribe our Youtube Channel Playlists. You will find lot of videos of our competition students, recreational dances, party dances, margam dances for classical dances, audition videos, our program videos, media releases & videos of different age groups starting from 3.5 to 5 years onwards to Adults 50+, and many more!!! Do not miss the Teenagers tribute of fun dances they do.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reachh Mediaa for Hetal Joshi Nagaraj| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2020.
This material can not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
We thought of compiling the list of parents who work for us as an applaud to their services and volunteer assignments when they are able to do so for all our social media, ads, flyer printing, customer service, entry submissions to our organizers, website maintenance, costumes maintenance and costumes.
They either come to us or they do it from their place. They dance with us or their kids dance with us with their own freelance group terms due to their full time travel or local jobs. There may be times when our company calls may be directed to any of them and they do not work as payroll or more than hour so they may not disclose their names and there is no remuneration involved. ALL school/college/internships are paid to students, as applicable. Volunteer assignments are given as well.
It is exclusively for the love of dance. Joining Date to Ending Dates as applicable.
- Shruti Sheladia : intern/holidays/as available. August 2012 to December 2013.
- Internship : August 2012 to August 2013 : No show
- Leadership Work : August 2013 to December 2013 : No show.
- Reason for leaving : Let go, No show.
- Mansi Chauhan : intern/holidays/as available.
- Internship August 2014 to August 2015.
- Leadership Work January 2015 to July 2019, as available.
- Reason for leaving : Travel/Studies and own college dance.
- Available for short term projects/occasionally.
- Rinku Das : Nov 2018 to August 2019 : Direct Hire.
- Performed her own solo dance performance in Classical Manipuri and Classical Kathak Dances in Anantha-1 2019 – Indian Classical Dance Production by Hetal Nagaraj.
- Reason for leaving : Let go, No Enrollments.
- Digvijay Singh. aka Dg or Dj, Jasmindar & family : August 2018/2019.
- Internship August 2018 to March 2019, as available.
- Leadership Work March 2019.
- Hetal Shah Patel, Patel & Family. : August 2016.
- Vanita Patel : August 2018
- Jinal Shah Mehta : August 2018
- Kalpana Sai : March 2019
- Shweta Jagadish : August 2016
- Deepthi Chandrasekaran : solo artist/teach as available/from Jan 2014
- Internships and own Solo(s) : Jan 2014 to December 2015
- Leadership Work from December 2015, as available
- Sindhu J : March 2014 Student to performing team/Graduate.
- Leadership Work August 2018
- Kavitha R : August 2018
- Tejaswini K : August 2018
- Student to performing team/Graduate in January 2019 Anantha.
- Mandi Parikh : intern/holidays. : August 2018.
- Internship As available, short work only/staff.
- Samar B & Family : January 2019 Onwards.
- Internship January to August 2019.
- Leadership Work August 2019.
- Prushti Dave :
- Internship March 2019 – August 2019.
- Leadership Work August 2019 onwards. IT.
- Anamika Jain : June 2019.
- Performing team/freelance/under training.
- Ketki S : New : June 2019 to October 2019.
- Reason for leaving : Unable to commit due to travels.
- Nimisha Sri : intern/holidays. March 2019
- Devi S/Balasundaram : New – Sept 2019 to Oct 31 2019.
- Reason for leaving : Started some business.
- Puja Natesan : New. Student to performing team/Graduate.
- Continued Education/Performing team. Come see her graduate at Anantha-2020.
- Jeya Ravi : New
- External-Continued Education/Performing team/under training – Subject to on-hold/Visa.
- Yagna Pathak(Sept 2019 1st week – October 1st week) : Freelance projects/short terms/On-Hold. Background check – cancelled/on-hold.
- Rachita Umesh(Feb 2020) : Freelance short-term batches, on-board trial period & Background check – cancelled as the batches rolled off due to low enrollments.
- Santosh K, Our pre-judgement team for competitions for Non-Classical Dances/Genre. From Ms. Hetal Nagaraj’s own dance education stage industry & competition arenas when Ms. Hetal took her hiphop trainings in late 2014 & 2015. From 2016-2017, he has been judge for our “pricey” & “very strict” non-voting dance competition/non-classical genre. Times you just cannot afford to make a mistake because not only competitions require international standards(judges in actual dance forms) but price too is 75$ & up per solo or per round. Because nobody is perfect, you need a third eye. See his tie-ups here with Ms. Hetal Nagaraj.
This post is an appreciation to these lovely people for spending their precious time for us. We have received lot of rumors about who works for us or Mrs. Hetal Nagaraj. These people are very well set in their life with their full time job commitments. We trust them because of their contributions to our company and its work.
They have not worked with any other dance company so far that we know of due to our thorough background check or if they have, they have disclosed it to us about their equations. We feel thankful and blessed.
Updated on : May 26, 2019 | July 26, 2019 | Feb 26-27th 2019 | March 5, 2020 | June 30, 2020.
Copyright Reach Media for Hetal Nagaraj | Grace And Grooves | Grace Creations | 2012-2020. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Anantha Dance Production Series…………..
Anantha-1, a dance production series showcasing beauty, elegance, creativity, as well as infinite possibilities of Bharatnatyam, Indian Folk Dances, Rabindra Nruthya, Manipuri And Kathak. All of this without forsaking fundamentals.
Idea of Anantha was implanted in 2018 January when we had faced some challenges that opened doors to other possibilities.
First announcements were made to public in various medias from Nov 2, 2018 and onwards. Every year it just happens that as Grace And Grooves LLC plan their annual programs/recitals and they come out so beautiful that it ends up in dance productions with and without dance-musical dramas.
But the idea of dance recital was not enough for Bharatnatyam and Indian Folk Students after getting ready for 30-45 mins with all that make-up and costume. These students were to be taught the possibilities within the dance form and show it off separately. So, Anantha Production Series it was!
With straight background comes unlimited (Anantha) creativity. Thus, the name of “Anantha” was given to this dance production series with each dance showcasing unlimited possibilities in each dance forms. The name and concept is inspired from several dance production houses or dance institutes like that of her mom, own teachers, formal gurus, dance exponents such as Daksha V Joshi, Mrinalini Sarabhai, Daksha M Joshi, Tanjore Brothers Original Margam, Kalakshetra Foundation, Natyavihar Kalakendra. This intense training of over 34 years has given a shape to Hetal’s own dance creations within exclusive Indian Dance Forms such as Bharatanatyam and Indian Folk Dances. Some dances have also received exclusive copyright permissions to republish under the name of Hetal Nagaraj and some have received competition awards early this year and years before as well.
Anantha opened its door with Anantha-1 in 2019 to begin with on Jan 27, 2019 at Plano Courtyard Theater, Plano, Texas, USA from 330 PM to 730 PM and was a houseful event. The event was an introduction event to her elite students such as Ashna Pethe and The Setty Siblings who are in advance trainings from years now and Rinku Das-a budding artist of Dallas-Forth, Texas. These students roughly danced for more than 2 hours. In Anantha, their intern choreographers, performing teams got every opportunity to be creative under the supervision, direction of Hetal Nagaraj and yet feel challenged without forsaking fundamentals of each dance form. All of it with full safety on practicing it in the right way. It is not about perfection, it is about doing it right.
Hetal Nagaraj is artistic director of Grace And Grooves LLC. This is her 4th dance program in a row showcasing A Grade Indian Dance Productions with each dance as a reflection of her experiences, trainings and now the degrees. It has been peculiarity of Hetal that her dances include Nritta, Natya and Nruthya as its basic components with balance of Tandav and Lasyam. Each dance of her has a name to define with its subject in the dance along with dance themes that are full of life, happiness, thankfulness, blessings and above all beautiful costumes that she herself designs. But, Anantha-1 is Hetal Nagaraj’s VERY FIRST exclusive dance production for Indian Dance Forms and A Tribute to Rabindranath Tagore Famous Literature and Poems which as a matter of fact matched to our production name. All the students had so much fun learning and practicing for Anantha-1 during their regular class hours itself and no additional class is required. It is not like you pay, you get to be part of it, and be done with it. It is what they have learned, they’ll showcase.
No outside students were allowed to perform or take trainings or as part of freelance dancers. Even the guest artists are/were students of Grace And Grooves LLC enrolled in their exclusive programs. Anantha Dance Production Series is about Grace And Grooves LLC students and their team only. Hetal Nagaraj selects them for this dance production and not everybody is able to make it to her list.
We will always had a special guests like this time we had Rinku Das who will do their own dances and stick to our themes or request with their team or solo but they are our special guests.
From students who wanted the thrill got it covered along with students who wanted the fun of natyam alone still staying in their respective dance forms.
Who said dance forms are boring..Not at Grace And Grooves!
Congratulations to Students Samarth Setty(Age 11) and Tejawini(Adults) for completing their entire Bharatanatyam Margam in Anantha-1 by performing under the strict supervision, instruction and guidance of Mrs. Hetal Nagaraj. This was made possible by dancing back to back for straight 3 hours from Pushpanjali, Allaripu, Jatiswaram, Thillana, Group-Shabdam, Creative Bharatanatyam, Copyright Bharatanatyam Dance Pieces, and Rabindra Nruthya as well. This also means, that it can be very much called their own arangetram, if they choose not to do it as solo arangetrams, separately.
This is Hetal Nagaraj’s 2nd round of completion of full margam from start to finish by teaching it to various students. At Grace And Grooves, we aim to make sure you understand everything you see while we are just doing our job.
Every beautiful thing under this sky has a name and so do the dances.
From the thrill of nritta, beauty as in lasyam, fun of natyam, devotion as in bhakti and tapasya as in training, power as in shakti of tandav and possibilities as in Anantha- the infinite and we are still in same dance form when we do it right!
Anantha-1 Dance Production was made possible by Dhamaal Events in association with Grace Effects ( Gopal S and Dinesh Kumar for photography and videography services).
Big Shout Out To These Young Teenagers who had their paid student assignments at Anantha-1. Aditya Sangole as our Sound Technician and Emcee Yashika Nabar for our Dance Production Anantha-1.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi Nagaraj| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2019.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
#hetaljoshim #graceandgrooves #ananthaseries