We are asked this lot of times, sometimes when people call……..Why Compete!!! What does it get you ? Do you compete because you are not confident…LOL NO…!
Here is why we have culture to compete, perform and do educational activities.
You heard that right, culture to compete is encouraged but not necessary. Our job is to inform you, tell you pros and cons. You do it or you do not it, there is no compromise in dance 🙂 You will still learn the same exact thing even if you do not compete and in same number of classes!
Competitions that we go to are : Healthy, Fun, technique focused/education field/ and lot of them come with really good $$, some are strictly amateur level while some are really good/tough/hard/strict/competitive on techniques and other rubrics. Read about rubrics!
Benefits of competing or even giving the best performance, if you were to give !
- You compete because it is not always for the win….! Some competitions will teach lot of other things that even education mainstream will not give you that exposure. It is about being there, feeling it, going through it that will give you the experience.
- It teaches healthy sportsmanship…You will still be friends, classmates whether or not you got the wins or lose!
- You compete so that you know what comes out of you, under that pressures!
- You compete so that when you lose, it does not bother you. It becomes fun!
- You learn to lose and still do it all over again & learn to never give up.
- You win it and still do it all over again; as if it never happened.
- You do competitions to understand life is not about competing. It is about giving your math exam after losing 5 different competitions and still get “A” without a cry. Oh, you bet, elites have gone through that a lot of times. Just like that you do not win. Times they have not won…and still had their exams later next week…Read About them here.
- You do competitions so that it gives you a refined audience who knows what you are doing and they have every right to comment or critic on your performance that you will not get in culture or festival audiences or even in those reality show competitions.
- You compete as if you are giving your post exam that is optional and fun.
- You compete so that when you are there, you do not lose it, no matter what happens on that day. It is the process that teaches you.
- You compete so that you learn to trust your trainings..from laughing, smiling, crying, moods or whatever that may come….even if you had worst day of your life.
- You compete so that when you get feedback (some competitions come with educational feedback), you do the fixes and do it all over again. It is the pressure under which things will happen that may surprise everybody!
- You compete so that the girl or boy you just met took your 2nd place or 1st place or 3rd place and that life is all about how best you did and for what. You get to judge yourself, understand + and – of it. And what could have got you that 1st place, if you would have prob listened to your teacher. Mind you, sometimes too much/over practice too causes failures!
- You compete so that you learn to balance everything. It is like a dart board, you hit or miss, you will play it again until the board or the dart is available!
- You compete to lead and take charge of your groups’ decision for changes that may happen or support as team member when required. It is not always about you.
- You learn to let go your ego and learn to respect others and you learn to never laugh at others. You know what it takes to be there. It is the process.
- You learn to get tired, exhausted under pressure and still do a flawless job just as trained without letting audience know of how bad your day was.
- Some competitions comes with perks/well most that we do…some $ that students earn for themselves and pay off their own fees and we do too, some give other benefits. It just depends on type of competitions.
Competing in competitions fosters not only healthy environment for sportsmanship between students, teachers, parents, and their own friends but also lot of times depending on rubrics or type of competitions, you will amaze yourself. We have had sweet surprises when our elites forgot their dance moves and made up something(surprise-their own genre steps!) and still got 1st place. Our teachers wondered that time as to where did this step come from and yet the genre suffices and gets them 1st place. Nobody knew till date if it was mistake! While there were days when we had “oppps” moments too then back to point 10. Finish the dance even if you lost that split of the second….get back to it, right away!
Do you know, not all our students compete. While not all our students perform either and yet they all learn the same exact dance/technique and routine. We did it from over a decade just in DFW of North Texas ….and will continue to do so :).
This is the magic of training…And that is why whether or not you compete, there is no difference in what we teach you or these learning skills! With us, under Hetal Nagaraj, you get a guarantee of technique focused & creativity with all that straight background that we speak of…..Your child or yourself will learn same exact steps in same number of classes, no matter what the level is. See for yourself on our Youtube. The videos are clipped from master recording files of entire recording of non-stop classes.
Competing in educational competitions exposes you to educational field and not to entertainment field. Both are different and so are the dances. The entire choreography changes & techniques are far off. You will know when you will do it separately. We have them both under us for seperate category of dance requirements and they all are seperate. They are like two parallel lines that will NEVER meet or agree to each other. And for sure, that is something not to be compared or discussed. You compare when they have something in common!
Only Best Part about all the educational field dancers is that they fit very well and succeed in entertainment world of their genres because of strong knowledge, techniques/originality in them and the process of the trainings that they go through comes with its pros that no education or experience will teach. While entertainment dancers find extremely difficult to fit in educational field and related state of affairs. It becomes difficult for them to understand concepts, techniques and choreography too. Either way, this is just our experience whenever we had choreographers from entertainment field or direct industry who do not know this process of education. While who are we to argue when it comes to parallel lines. Those who have never done it will not know it!
Call NOW…Learn your life skills from sportsmanship to leadership skills with us and let dance allow you to beat the crap out of everything. 972 979 2559 is the right number. Our owner Hetal Nagaraj ( www.hetaln.com ) has a certifications in those too other than her trainings of 35 years background in Indian and Non-Indian Performing Arts. For those who do not know, she was trained exclusively under her teachers’ complete trainings, internships, guidance, mentorship, amongst the most mature and strongest leaderships and was launched by one in 1999.
Do you know ? In order to at-least get 1 win for 1 genre, you have to submit at-least 1 student or group or for audition for at-least 1 dance in 1 category/genre ? Do the math, how many of our students must have submitted per competition & per genre to create a record of 10+ years of history in all genres with technique based non-voting educational competitions 🙂 .
This just tells how much we love what we do, how we succeed in all we do…and why! try it, you will achieve it too. #trainingsrequired
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi Nagaraj| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2020.
This material cannot not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Sannthosh Kumar :
Trained for over 8 years in bollyhop, hiphop styles, he continued his journey to stage dances and later in reality dance competitions. He has performed with his team for 100s of performances all over Andra Pradesh, India, Vietnam, Hongkong and several other countries specializing in Bollyhop, Hiphop, K-Pop, Urban Hiphop & Fusion for exclusive STAGE Dances. He is International Professional Dancer, Dance Instructor, Choreographer and a successful You-tube artist with over 266K = as of June 2020.
Dance Accomplishments: His dance accomplishments starts from Dance Academy shows to Realty Dance Shows.
2001: First Prize: Dance Attack – MAA Television Network Limited. • 2001: First Prize: Dhoom – Eenadu Television. • 2002: Best Dancer – Dance Baby Dance – Gemini TV. • 2002 – 2005: Hat Trick Winner: Dum Dum Diga Diga Dance Competition by MAA Television Network Ltd. • Winner of many TV shows organized by major TV channels like Gemini TV, MAA TV, ETV Telugu and Zee Telugu under Master Vijay Dance Group and Institutions.
Connections with Hetal Nagaraj: He hails from Ms. Hetal’s vast network of Trained & Stage Indian Dance Professionals(Education) via which they got connected in dance academy type of dances in 2015 when Hetal was doing her Hiphop lessons in USA from local institute(Coppell Dance Center-Keith Green, Marcella & Ms. Amy). His affiliation started with company altogether as their pre-judgement team along with Hetal Nagaraj for all competition submissions from 2016/2017 onwards for their Bollywood/Bollywood Hiphop, Hiphop, Traditional & Fusion submissions. Grace And Grooves has had straight No.1 hattrick wins for bollywood as well as tollywood dance non-voting competitions from traditional to hiphop dances from age 5 to age 20 for which some pre-judgement videos were judged by him before submissions. He teaches up-to an average 25-30 classes per week from beginners to Advance Level (Kids And Adults) for stage dances from : Zumba, Bollywood/Movie Dances, Belly Dance, Bhangra, Freestyle, Hip-Hop, K-Pop, Dance Fitness in various part of USA such as chicago, florida and will be teaching advance classes for Hetal for curriculum designed by Hetal from June 24, 2020 for non-elites. Prior to June 24, he has done several short term commitments for Hetal. He was also our featuring artist for Sarva 2020 show which got postponed due to Corona virus pandemic. His video links as below :
- downloading archives 🙂
- will be posted soon!
- Until then Hang out on our You-Tube Channel where glimpse of all our team will be or is/posted with names!
Celebrating all our guest artists who have performed with us in past in our journey of dance productions. These guest artist are invited to come and perform with their own work. The talent that they perform are not taught by us. These are not our students either. They have their own dance/talent academy at some place/city or have their own group that they perform. We pick their performance piece dance based on our dance production.
These Guest Artist are local or new artists who have just stepped in the world of Indian Performing Arts or have just started performing.
It is our absolute honor to introduce them to our audiences and as well work with them.
2016 : Dance of Gods : Adi-Shakti. Event : A fundraiser for CRY America showcasing Bharatanatyam, Bollywood, Indian Folk Dances. Fusion Dances by Elites in respective categories. Guest Artist : Dancer : Meghna Murali, A Bharatanatyam dance presentation on Devi. Singer : Mala Pydimari, Carnatic Singer.
2017 : Jalso : Celebration of Life with Dance, Event : Nritya Ki Masti, Navarasa in Bharatanatyam, Bollywood And Indian Folk Dances. A seperate presentation of Fusion Dances was also showed by our own students, elites-trained in 3 different dance forms/styles. Guest Artist : Dancer : Easter Bunny. 2018 : ABCD - American Born Cultured Desi Event : Participating fundraiser for a private foundation-Cqunce Inc. Dances in Bharatanatyam, Bollywood & Indian Folk Dances featuring Festivals of India or celebrated by Indians outside India. A special 11 minute tribute to Shahrukh Khan - King of Bollywood. Exclusive Fusion Dances were showcased by our elites who are trained in 2-3 different dance forms. Guest Artists : Dances : Mishu Shashtri with her team for Bollywood Garba featuring Navratri. Ritu Kharbanda with her team of Rang Barse duet featuring Holi. Instruments : Arjun Iyer (Middle Schooler, LISD School Band)-Clarinet & Keyboard. Kedar Golvekar : Introducing Music for SRK Tribute on Guitar.
2019 : Anantha-1 Dance Production. Event : An Exclusive Dance Production featuring a full Bharatanatyam Margam,Copyright Dances in Bharatanatyam, Folk Dances of India featuring North, East, West & South India. Special presentation by Elites for Fusion dances such as Swala Jathi, Rabindra Nruthya. Fully trained in their own dances. Guest Artist : Dances : Rinku Das for Kathak Classical Dances Rinku Das for Manipuri Classical Dances. Rinku Das was also introducing choreographer for our company that year. Singing : Our own elite student-Ashna Pethe representing LISD choir.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi | Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves 2012-2019. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.