2013 and onwards, Grace And Grooves started teaching Bollywood/Tollywood-Indian Movie Dance Lessons with structured programs. Songs such as Bahubali, Jai Ganesh, Krishna Leela, Heer, Tamma Tamma(Remix) and many more were acknowledged and requested by clients and organizers to perform in community/cultural events and auditions/competitions over and over again. Some of the listed songs that we performed were non-movie songs remixes such as Come and Get it by Selena Gomez, Cheap-Thrills combined with indian songs etc. T’was fun teaching them.
Personal achievements of choreographers with their other dance activities ARE NOT listed. You can check those out in our other blog post! Multiple Entry of same song means it was performed multiple times but with entirely new choreography with absolutely no relevance with previous one. All dancers in non-indian dance forms or styles are fully trained dancers at competitive levels.
These dances have won/taught at recreational, competition and as freelance paid or volunteer workshops (with/without performances) under the exclusive label of Grace And Grooves LLC, or Hetal Nagaraj and our other past/present choreographers and our elites as Assistant Choreographers:Nirja Setty and Ashna Pethe.
Format of below listing – Song Name, Movie/Album-Year, Starring or Singers/if private album. Choreographers Name. Assistant Choreographer as Asst. (Practices or few couple sequences.).
The number of songs prepared differently do not relate to the number of performances:
- Bollywood-Maine Payal Hai Chhankaai-Album (1999), Falguni Pathak.
- 2nd Place Group-Best Dress, Best Choreography. Hetal Nagaraj. Direct Competition Work. Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- This dance was inspired from Hetal Nagaraj’s own cousin sister’s dance:Jasmin Bhatt.
- Different choreography was then taught twice to 2 different age groups and was successfully performed in Group and Duet in cultural events at Irving-Texas, Arlington-Texas, Grapevine, Texas.
- Above were different age groups had successfully cleared auditions in other Bollywood Competitions as well.(Duets).
- 2nd Place Group-Best Dress, Best Choreography. Hetal Nagaraj. Direct Competition Work. Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dil To Pagal Hai Medley (1997-Shahrukh Khan, Karishma Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit Nene). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chak Dhoom Dhoom(1997-Shahrukh Khan, Karishma Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit Nene). Group-Students, Carrollton-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tumko Piya Dil Diya Kitne Naaz Se, Shikari (1963). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pankh Hote Re Ud Aati Re, Sehra(1963). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas
- Tollywood- Maan Karate – Dambakku (Sivakarthikeyan, Hansika), Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Couples. Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood – Its Time to Party – Attarintiki Daredi (Pawan Kalyan, Samantha, Hamsa Nandini) Hetal Nagaraj. Duet. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nenjinile Nenjinile, Dil Se. (1998-Shahrukh Khan, Preety Zinta). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jiya Jale, Dil Se (1998-Shahrukh Khan, Preety Zinta). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chale Jaise Hawaien, Main Hoon Na (2004-Shahrukh Khan, Sushmita Sen). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Carrollton-Texas, Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sasural Genda Phool, Delhi 6 (Dance India Dance). Remix-Shakti Mohan-Youtube Version (Public). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Carrollton-Texas.
- Bollywood Medley-Manwa Laage – Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas, Highland Village-Texas.
- Ni Maen Nacha – Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas, Highland Village-Texas.
- Bollywood-SemiClassical(Kathak): Kehna Hi Kya(Bombay, 1995), Hetal Nagaraj. Student-Solo-Adult(Below 30 Age). Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood- Taal Medley (Taal, 1999). Hetal Nagaraj. Student-Duet. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mujhe Rang De-Thakshak (1999-Ajay Devgan, Tabu). Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Adults Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jai Ho-SlumDog Millionaire (Remix 2009). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sa Ni Dha Pa, Colonial Cousins(1996) by Lezz (Leslie Lewis) and Hariharan. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas, Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pretty Woman, Kal Ho Na Ho. (2003-Shahrukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Preity Zinta). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Barso Re Megha Barso, Guru (2007-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas, Adults.
- Bollywood-Pari Hoon Main, Album-Dhuan(1990) by Suneeta Rao. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aika Dajiba, Album-Aika Dajiba(2002) by Vaishali Samant(Ishita Arun and Milind Gunaji) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tunak Tunak Tun, Album-Tunak Tunak Tun(1998), by Daler Mehndi. Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisvile-Texas, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pallo Latke, Naukar(1979-Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sau Tarah Ke, Dishoom(2016-John Abraham, Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline Fernandez). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Badtameez Dil, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013-Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students.
- Bollywood-Morni Baga Ma Bole, Lamhe(1991-Sridevi, Anil Kapoor). Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Students. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Morni Baga Ma Bole, Lamhe (1991-Sridevi, Anil Kapoor). Hetal Nagaraj Solo. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sadi Gali, Tanu Weds Manu (2011-Ft. Kangna Ranaut R Madhavan). Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas, Irving/Las Colinas-Texas.
- Barso Re Megha Barso, Guru (2007-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan). Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Gana Baja De, by Hey Bro, Sunidhi Chauhan, Feat. Ali Zafar, Ganesh Acharya. (2014) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. 2:00 Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-U-n-I (Mere Dil Vich Hum Tum) (Saif Ali Khan,Rani Mukerji). Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas, Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha Nachegi, Tevar(2014-Sonakshi Sinha, Manoj Bajpayee). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas,
- Bollywood-Aaj Radha Ko Shyam, Chand Ka Tukda- (1994-Sridevi, Salman Khan). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha Nachegi(Tevar-2014). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Southlake-Texas.
- Radha Ko Shyam(Chaand Ka Tudka-1994). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Kala Chashma, Baar Baar Dekho (2016-Sidharth M, Katrina K). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha On The Dance Floor – Student of the Year (2012-Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas. Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu)-Down Down, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Hassan, S.S Thaman). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu)-Down Down, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Hassan, S.S. Thaman). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Boys and Girls. Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu)-Down Down, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Hassan, S.S. Thaman). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Boys and Girls. Irving-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Sweety Song, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Haasan, Saloni, Prakash Raj) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood Medley-Race Gurram Medley. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Boys and Girls, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood Medley-Race Gurram Medley. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Girls. Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood (Telugu Cinema) Bharatha Vedamuga, Pournami(2006-Prabhas, Trisha) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults-Lewisville, Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema) Vaana Chinukulu, – Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu, (2013-Mahesh Babu, Venkatesh, Samantha, Anjali-SVSC) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults, Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema) Banthi Poola Janaki, Baadshah(2013-Jr.NTR, Kajal Aggarwal). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults-Lewisville, Texas.
- Bollywood-Ek Pal Ka Jeena(Copy That Exact)KAHO NA PYAR HAI(2000-Hrithik Roshan, Amisha Patel). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Las Colinas, Texas.
- Bollywood-Maye Ne Maye, Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994-Salman Khan, Madhuri Dixit), Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Om Ganeshai Namah-Remix Album(Unknown) – Hetal Nagaraj. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood Style-classical Bharatnatyam-Deep Poojanam-Shlokas/Private Album(Morning Prayers)-Hetal Nagaraj. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dumpling Warrior Remix -Hetal Nagaraj. Tap Choreography-Nirja Setty. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaj Blue Hai Paani Paani.( Private-Album Yoyo Honey Singh)-Coppell-Texas. Adults-Students. Baby-Shower Party Workshop.
- Bollywood-Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar, Remix-by Raghav(2004). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas, Lewisville-Texas. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dil Ne Dil Ko Pukaara, Kaho Na Pyar Hai (2000-Hritik Roshan, Amisha Patel). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-All Boys. Lewisville-Texas. Keller-Texas.
- Bollywood-Marathi/Hindi-Apsara (Abhishek Salve)- Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Duet. Keller-Texas. Marathi Dances.
- Bollywood-BreakFree Remix – Adults-Solo, (Krazzy 4, 2008) 2:40. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaja Nachle, Aaja Nachle(2007-Madhuri Dixit, Konkona Sen, Kunal Kapoor, Akshaye Khanna). Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nagada Sang Dhol, Ram Leela (2013-Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nagada Sang Dhol Remix w/added beats, Ram-Leela (2013-Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Koi Ladki Hai Jab, Dil To Pagal Hai(1997-Shahrukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Karishma Kapoor). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas, Carrollton-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mangalam Ganesham.(Dev, 2004 ) Duet-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mangalam Ganesham. Solo-Student. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Come & Get It Remix. Album – Come And Get it by Selena Gomez (2013). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chhaliya – Tashan (2008-Kareena Kapoor, Akshay Kumar). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Senorita – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara(2011). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas,
- Bollywood-Senorita – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara(2011). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults-Coppell/Texas.
- Bollywood-Gallan Goodiyaan, Dil Dhadakne Do (2015-Anil Kapoor, Shefali Shah, Priyanka Chopra, Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma). Duet-Students.
- Copy That On Request-Touch Dance Studio Choreographed by Nischal Rana (Public Video on Youtube-Go Check Them Out). Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan, Roy-Meet Bros Anjjan, Kanika Kapoor(2015). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. (4-8) Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Deewangi Deewangi, Om Shanti Om (2011-Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Deewangi Deewangi, Om Shanti Om((2011-Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone) Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Student. Frisco-Texas.
- IndiaWale Medley. Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Student. Frisco-Texas. Group-Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Ho Jayegi Balle, Album-Bhangra King (2014) Daler Mehdi By Daler Mehdi. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dardi Rab Rab, Album-Bhangra King (2014)Daler Mehdi By Daler Mehdi. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Maye Ne Maye, Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994-Salman Khan, Madhuri Dixit), Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Badtameez Dil, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013-Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Couples-Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Khuda Jaane, Bachna Ae Haseeno. (2008-Ranbir Kapoor,Deepika Padukone) Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Teri Ore, Singh Is King (2008-Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif). Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chaliya(Tashan, 2008), Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tum Agar Saamne, Raaz (2002-Dino Morea, Bipasha Basu). Duet. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood Bhangra-Daler Mehdi Medley – Dardi, Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas,
- Bollywood Bhangra – Balle Ball, Plano-Texas,
- Bollywood Bhangra – Tunak. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Attarintiki Daredi, It’s Time To Party (2013-Pawan Kalyan, Samantha, Hamsa Nandini) Hetal Nagaraj. Couple-Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan, Roy-Meet Bros Anjjan, Kanika Kapoor (2015). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. (9 to 11). Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Ohoho Ammayi Song, Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu(2013-Mahesh Babu, Samantha-SVSC). Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Heer, Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012-Shah Rukh Khan,Katrina Kaif,Gulzar) Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Grapevine-Texas.
- Bollywood-Heer, Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012-Shah Rukh Khan,Katrina Kaif,Gulzar) Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Euless-Texas.
- Bollywood- Laage, Happy New Year (2015) Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students-Kids. 2:55. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Manwa Laage (4 Mins), Happy New Year (2015) Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students-Adults. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Medley-Aika Dajiba, Colonial Cousins, Jai Ho. Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Mansi Chauhan. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Sivuni Aana, Bahubali (2015-Prabhas, Rana, Anushka, Tamannaah). Group. Lewisville-Texas.
- 1st Place with the best dress, best choreography, graceful theme, best-makeup Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Choreographer-Mansi Chauhan. Competition Work-Hetal Nagaraj. Solo.
- Hindi Bahubali, Kaun Hai Voh, Group and Solo-Students. Tantex-Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas, Irving-Texas.
- Tamil Bahubali, Siva Sivaya Potri. Group and Solo-Students. Hetal Nagaraj, Asst. Mansi Chauhan.
- Bollywood-Thug Le, Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl (2011-Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma). Mansi Chauhan. Asst. Hetal Nagaraj. Group and Solo-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaja Nachle, Aaja Nachle(Remix-2011). Mansi Chauhan. (Auditions-Selected). Solo. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-India Wale, Happy New Year (2015) Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Woh Kishna Hai, Kisna(2005-Vivek Oberoi, Antonia Bernath, Isha Sharvani, Amrish Puri). Mansi Chauhan. Solo. Iskon Temple, Dallas-Texas.
- Bollywood-Thug Le-Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl(Remix-Own). Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mujhe Rang De-Thakshak (1999-Ajay Devgan, Tabu). Deepthi Chandrasekaran, Hetal Nagaraj. Group Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nimbooda-Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999-Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan). Mansi Chauhan, Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nimbooda-Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999-Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan). Mansi Chauhan. Asst. Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Woh Kisna Hai-Kisna (2005-Vivek Oberoi, Antonia Bernath, Isha Sharvani, Amrish Puri). Deepthi Chandrasekaran. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chhalka Chhalka Re, Saathiya. (2002-Rani Mukherjee, Vivek Oberoi). Hetal Nagaraj, Asst.Deepthi Chandrasekeran. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood Lavani -Pinga, Bajirao Mastani (2015-Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra). Mansi Chauhan, Asst. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Shiv Tandav-Album- Uma Mohan Ji & Times Music (Unknown} Hetal Nagaraj. Age 6 to 10. Intermediate. Frisco West-Texas.
- Bollywood-Shiv Tandav-Album-Uma Mohan Ji & Times Music, Hetal Nagaraj. Age 6 to 9. Pre-Competition. (Unknown}. Frisco East-Texas.
- Bollywood- Shankarji Mix from Television Series – Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood- Shankarji Mix from Television Series – Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood Ranveer Singh Medley-Tune Maari Entriyaan-Gunday (2013)+Jigar Da Tukda(2011) Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jug Ghumaya(Sultan-2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Southlake-Texas.
- O Re Piya(Aaja Nachle-2007 – Hetal Nagaraj. Southlake-Texas.
- Kaala Chashma(Baar Baar Dekho-2016)– Hetal Nagaraj. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jai Ganesha Deva, AgniPath(2012) – Group-Students. Hetal Nagaraj. Las-Colinas, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jai Ganesha Deva, AgniPath(2012) – Solo/Auditions-Student. Hetal Nagaraj. Las Colinas-Irving, Texas.
- Bollywood-Mohenjo Daro (2016)+Boat Song (Kuttanadan Punjayile – Kerala Boat Song, Vidya Vox English Remix, 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Taal (Western Remix, Bollywood Style Classical Bharatnatyam)-Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Aduts, Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood Moorni “Balle Balle”. Southlake-Texas.
- on Request of Dholrhythms Dance Workshops, Panjabi MC. (Check them on You-tube)
- + Dus Bahane (Dus, 2005) Medley -Hetal Nagaraj.
- Bollywood-Dhunki (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, 2011) – Hetal Nagaraj. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha Nachegi(Tevar-2014) + Kaala Chashma (Baar Baar Dekho 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Medley-Nagada Sang Dhol (2013) + Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan (2015) + Radha On Dance Floor-Remix (Student of Year.2013) Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Maa Tuje Salaam (A.R. Rahman – Maa Tujhe Salaam, 1997) – Hetal Nagaraj. Solo Appearance- Mansi Chauhan. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood- Le Gayee – Dil To Pagal Hai, 1997. Hetal Nagaraj. Tap Choreography-Nirja Setty. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Ashai Mugam- ft. Vidya Vandana – Shankar Tucker. Hetal Nagaraj. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Udi Udi Jaai, Raees (Shah rukh Khan, Mahira Khan, 2017) – Hetal Nagaraj, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Apsara (Abhishek Salve) – Hetal Nagaraj, Mansi Chauhan. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dhoom Machale (Dhoom-3, 2013) – Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood- Kaala Chashma (Baar Baar Dekho 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Let’s Nacho (Kapoor & Sons, 2016), Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tamma Tamma (Remix-Badrinath Ki Dulhania) – Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Mansi Chauhan. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Manwa Laage, Happy New Year (2015). Students-Groups Adults-Deepthi Chandrasekaran. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-London Thumakda, Queen (2014). Deepthi Chandrasekaran. Groups Students-Adults. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Bholi Si Surat (Remix-Jai Matt) – Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Ashna Pethe. Choreographer: Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Cham Cham (Baaghi, 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Students-Group. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Befikre Mashup (Befikre-2016, Baaghi-2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood Lavani – Galyan Sankli Sonyachi (Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin, 1991) – Hetal Nagaraj. Solo Appearance-Mansi Chauhan. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Kehna Hi Kya+Mixup Medley, (Bombay, 1995) – Hetal Nagaraj. Student-Adult-Solo. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mohe Rang Do Laal – Mansi Chauhan, Solo. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pallo Latke (1979-Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle)-Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Students. Frisco West-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tere Naina (Chandni Chowk To China, 2014). Student-Solo, Lewisville-Texas.
- Kay Sara Sara(Pukar, 2000-Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit). Solo-Student. Lewisville-Texas
- Bollywood-Nachde Ne Saare(Baar Baar Dekho, 2016). Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaja Nachle Remix. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas,
- Bollywood-Nachenge Saari Raat Remix (Junooniyat Movie). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood (Telugu Movie Cinema) Laychalo (Ram Charan, Rakul Preet Singh). Choreography : Mansi Chauhan. Choreographer-Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Solo-Auditions. Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood (Telugu Movie Cinema) Bahubali. Kanna Nidurinchara. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood(Kana Soja Zara). Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Lewisville-Texas.
- Tamil Movie Cinema – Kanna Nee Thoongadaa. Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Bahubali. Kanna Nidurinchara. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood(Kana Soja Zara). Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Irving-Texas.
- Tamil Movie Cinema – Kanna Nee Thoongadaa. Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Irving-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Bahubali. Kanna Nidurinchara. Hetal Nagaraj. Group: Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood(Kana Soja Zara). Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Kanna Nee Thoongadaa. Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Gudillo Madhillo. Movie-DJ. Hetal Nagaraj. Bollywood Hip Hop. Irving-Texas, Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Seeti Maar. Movie-DJ. Hetal Nagaraj. Bollywood Hip Hop. Irving-Texas, Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood Hip Hop Unchi Hai Building (Judwa-2). Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas, Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Pranaamam. Movie-Janatha Garage. Hetal Nagaraj. Indian Hip Hop.
- Bollywood – Ding Dang. Movie-MunnaMichael. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Irving/Texas.
- Bollywood – 9 Se 12 Movie-Judwaa 2. Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline. Group-Plano-Irving/Texas.
- Bollywood – Chalte Chalte, Movie-Pakeezah. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville/Texas.
- Bollywood – Piya. Meena Kumari. Movie-Sahib, Biwi Aur Gulam. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville/Texas.
- Bollywood – Tumko Piya. Movie-Shikari. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewiville/Texas.
- Bollywood Bhangra Remix w/Shape of You – Hetal Nagaraj. Group – Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas, Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood Radha. Movie-Jab Harry Met Sejal. Hetal Nagaraj. Group – Irving – Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood Radha. Movie-Jab Harry Met Sejal. Hetal Nagaraj. Group – Irving – Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tamil Radha. Movie-Jab Harry Met Sejal. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving – Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood – Kar Gai Chul. Movie-Kapoor & Sons. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood – Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood – Hanuman Gun Sagar . Private Album. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas.
The pre-made MP3 files in various combinations of these songs are available with/without added beats/musics from other sources for sale for $10 for each remix with exclusive copyright to re-use without using our name in tag anywhere. The original songs are available everywhere irrespective of copyrights. Ours is performance oriented and its not original song. you can own it for your dance school or dance groups without any efforts by buying it. No edits. Take it or Leave it. Choreography not included with these files. Welcome to ask for it and it will be sold with seperate price tag depending on copyrights on it (as they are our Competition Dances). Average mixes are about 5 minutes while some up-to 10minutes.
Because At Grace And Grooves LLC, we don’t really like to repeat same songs unless requested a lot or for specific purposes even for teaching 😉 OR we make them all over again with other sets of remixes or beats or added music to it. It is FUN and that is what Bollywood/Tollywood/Indian Movie Dances ALL ABOUT. FUN……..SAFELY 😉
OH YEAH, WE ARE GOING TO TRASH THESE MIX-UPS ANYWAYS 😉
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi | Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves 2012-2017.
This material can not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission. If found being copied without permission will be sued in the court of law.
#historyneverrepeats #alwaysnew #alwaysfun #fresh #happy #fun #graceandgrooves #hetaljoshim #sowhatifitsbollywood #sowhatifitstollywood #takeitorleaveit #straightbackground #mp3files #store #noiterations #funwithcreativity #intelligencewithknowledge #knowledgeforfun #lovingit #norules
August 2016 : We were excited to hear the news that Hetal Nagaraj got accepted for Masters Program at TDES via Tamil University in August 2016. College: Kalai Kaveri College of Fine Arts, Trichy, India.
A label & ID of OKC213160083A was given to her as Hetal Mahesh Joshi. She would mock to her students that she got her roll-number/student id too and that she is student too. Some of her students started calling her Hetal since then :).
Her inspiration of having a master degree in fine arts comes directly from one of her own cousin’s spouse/bhabhi (sister in law & aunt-2way relation:) who was enrolled in Masters Program @Darpana Academy, Ahmedabad India. Her Bhabhi had to leave her degree half-way for personal reasons and since then, Hetal Nagaraj had her mind set on doing Masters in either bharatnatyam, or theater with full dance work, at some point of time.
Finding a university or dance program that not only offers robust MASTERS program of Bharatnatyam but also offers in-depth knowledge of Natya Shashtra, History, Styles, Theaters and Musicals with the flexibility of long distance program was a challenge. Hetal Nagaraj got accepted in 2 universities for this program with her dance experience, video clips of main margam, creative bharatnatyam dances, direct referral letters from her past dance teachers and her existing Master Degrees in other education stream that she already had. Rest all the universities had a requirement to do a full 2 year resident program and stay local for full two years with classes non-stop through the week and weekend! For those in India or want to pursue their degree in India for on-campus degrees within India, most welcome to contact Hetal Nagaraj:email@example.com, she’ll be very happy to guide you for all these courses.
Biggest Challenge for Hetal Nagaraj was that she can’t just leave a young family and pursue dreams while running a full fledge A+ rating dance business with multiple locations, competitive performance schedules (almost every other month) in Bharatnatyam, Indian Folk Dances, Bollywood, Workshops, Elite performing team and all of that with her students taking part in competitions. Once you are married happily ever-after & have family, it is a package for whole family to achieve something as big as degree especially if parents are taking them; irrespective of whether or not you are in dance business! Whole family goes hand in hand to actually make it happen. Entire month of kids activities, planning meals for whole family, routines with home works, car-pooling, classes shuffled between choreographers as applicable in her absence, volunteer parents, website maintenance and it was STAAR Exam time for kids as well.
TDES via Tamil University gave her the options to not only be competitive at learning edge but flexibility to travel to Chennai for at-least one out of two degree years to give on-campus bharatnatyam theory exams, assignments, thesis/research, presentations, do practical exams, live concert, musical and folk dance drama to be showcased before the teachers for grading.
All these dances were with full makeup and relevant costumes and costume change as required. Further, she decided to choose her degree location at Don Bosco College of Arts And Science, Chennai, India as her on-campus exam training (1 month required in person or average of 20-days) and examinations (practical and theory, in person). She decided Chennai as her location considering that Tamil History was one of the main subject and so she wanted to stay around Chennai to complete her research subject from locally available sources such as libraries, bookstores and visits to local dance schools. Don Bosco College of Arts And Science was her pick from the list due to her past upbringing of Convent Schools in Gandhinagar(India) and then affiliated programs at Ahmedabad(India) due to its discipline, environment, experiences and education standards.
At first the initial plan was to go in second year. Plans changed when the syllabus arrived in Fedex from university with a whopping 22 dance items to take care of, showcase them, write 1 research paper each year, minimum of 2 assignments per year, minimum of 1 presentation per year, LIVE concert, nattuvangam, talam, ragam and Tamil History with all terms in Tamil. It was her husband Nagaraj who insisted that with this type of syllabus, she should take this as an opportunity and must go personally both the years, just like any student would do for each year in any other Masters Program.
The dance items and other master level dances required hours of practices and a mentor/guide to correct/remind as required because of complexity in choreography. They were in speed 2, 3 and 4 at a cutting edge but not a sweet cherry on the top, most in 3 and 4!
It isn’t for a regular bharatnatyam dancer who is barely trained and could still handle that type of work with that intense choreography. Complexity with speed 3 and 4 was tough nut after a long time for Hetal Nagaraj.
She learned latest concepts in Bharatanatyam which she had never learned or were not taught in North India probably because back then these were taught @post-arangetram level only. Most of these concepts were added to standard margam by Kalakshetra Foundation founded by Rukmani Devi, Chennai and by renowned Bharatanatyam Artists in multiple styles.
Thus the degree curriculum included Main Margam Items, Non-Margam Items as well as Additional Creative Choreography from renowned artist of Mysore Bani, Pandanallur Bani, Thanjavur Bani and Kalakshetra Bani margam as a compulsory LIVE concert-all of this with grading. While Vazhuvur Bani was one of the sub-topic for Mrs. Hetal Nagaraj as part of her research/dissertation. She took several skype/watsapp video classes from her guide Dr. Marie Stella who taught and corrected her for the possibilities in margam bharatnatyam dances with nattuvangam.
Her journey to full month stay at training and exam center for both the years were absolutely amazing! She stepped into this whole new world of Bharatnatyam with the infinite possibilities and complexities in southern India.
From what she thought would be questionable to do in various margam dances was NOW possible in unlimited combinations further. This experience opened a whole new creativity level in musicals, dance themes, concepts, usage of jatis and adavus in various permutations and combinations.
She implemented those concepts and was able to successfully use them not only in Bharatnatyam but in Indian Folk Dances and Bollywood/Tollywood/Indian Movie Dances of Grace And Grooves LLC giving exceptionally beautiful results with least amount of effort even for Bharatnatyam.
It took her 2 full years (2016 to 2018) for her to complete her degree in Masters In Fine Arts with whole family involved. This includes all our lovely students’ parents of our private classes who walked with her in her journey very beautifully as she had to meet her deadlines of submissions or had her parallel skype classes.
With the type of knowledge that she gained in practical classes (skype/video watsapp/in person @Pondicherry) with her guide Dr. Marie Stella and during monthly in-house trainings, she thanks god that it did not happen in a click of button.
It would be too much for human brain to absorb all that, if it were to happen! She thanks her Tamil friends’ grand-parents (who were bharatnatyam dancers themselves) who helped her with very old tamil dialects for her theory papers that required compulsory usage of these words for grading. A lot of her regional tamil friends from chennai as well found it difficult to explain or understand these terms. All of that happened for Hetal Nagaraj for both the years back to back, one year at a time with proper planning.
Don’t even wish for a degree in 1 day with a click of a button. It is not going to help you! It is the training from all the right people that will never fail you and that you will not experiment on students because you have studied each scenario with pros and cons & thus it is available for you to use in your own creative way, very very safely!
Just that common sense is something that no university will ever teach you and to master that you will have to let go your ego ;). This is irrespective of your age!
We strongly recommend all bharatnatyam dancers who are interested to go for this course provided you have the following :
- Zeal, patience, energy, money (investment in INR), and proper planning to do so.
- You should have done bharatnatyam up-to varnam level and above at some point in your life to be able to handle this type of work. Arangetram is irrelevant.
- Style of bharatnatyam will not matter for this particular degree because their program itself includes multiple styles.
- You must submit videos of any of these with other degrees that you have to become eligible for this program.
- Private classes with your guide will be required to get your smoothly through this journey with deadlines, protocols to be followed and your guide will help you with the following as well :
- if you have learned your bharatnatyam in non-traditional or conventional ways or you had several breaks through out your learning, or nattavangams, ragam, talam were not part of your training then you will have to educate yourself with these.
- Nattuvangam, Recitation of Jatis and Adavus are graded.
- In-person practicals, concerts participation is required. Must be ready to showcase all of above or as asked with full costume, makeup, hair-do; irrespective of any help available. Makeup artist may/may not be available.
- Expect morning 9am to 5pm dance routines and as you get closer to exams it will be 9am to 11pm practice hours. If you have any physical disability, come with doctor’s note or do not apply!
- List/selections of locations, accommodation to be take care by you while these will be required during your on campus trainings and all exams.
- Paid meals 3 times a day at the campus canteen and everything is available around the area.
- Most important-you should be ready to go for a month (average of 20 days approx and add 2 more days to get the feel of area and shopping for your concert). Attendance is strictly required during all the days for the on-campus classes and exams. Best if you go both years. It will be worth a trip….
- Cons : Make sure you stay at the top of conversation with these people and get it all in writing, we had students who were marked absent even when they were present, we had students whose names and marks were printed wrong and lot of such issues.. Hetal managed to get out clean because she is from security background and so she has habit of keeping track of everything. Our owner is on the top of everything and that is how she is able to make a positive and inspiring difference in her students’ life.
Specifics are mentioned deliberately in detail as an effort to provide all the information that you may need as a student to apply! This blog post details were taken from articles submitted by Hetal Nagaraj to company.
Hetal Nagaraj says I did it and she will love to guide you to do it too!
New Images Added : July 18, 2020.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi | Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves 2012-2020. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Grace And Grooves List of Articles By Hetal Joshi M, Hetal Nagaraj.
ALL Password Protected Posts are going forward PAID posts for our exclusive members.
For research students/art enthusiasts and for dance credit interns – Pls contact Ms. Hetal : Here OR here directly.
Enrollments : Please Register Here.
- ALL Events Of Grace And Grooves | Hetal Joshi M : Updated Often!
- ALL Dance Productions | Recitals By Hetal Nagaraj : Updated Annually
- Time-Line of Grace And Grooves LLC : Updated Annually
- Student of The Year – Updated Annually. : Updated Annually
- Grace And Grooves Group by Hetal Joshi – Brands, Companies…
- Our Elites & Their Accomplishments – Coming Soon!
- Reviews : From Our Students/Parents with Years of Trainings
- Is Learning Language Required To Learn Dances ?
- Grace And Grooves Awards & Accomplishments In Competitions as well as Other Non-Competition Events
- Journey of Master In Fine Arts….Submitted By Hetal Nagaraj
- Series & Sequels, What are they.. by Hetal Nagaraj ??
- Why Seperate Names for Each Programs ??
- Dhamaal Events USA Website Moves To Grace And Grooves Website
- Grace And Grooves Dance Performances List
- Know The Dancer by Dance
- Workshops Craze
- Dance Forms, Styles, Creative Dances, Fusions…What’s Buzz?
- Why Grace And Grooves LLC discontinued Better Business Bureau of Dallas Fortworth Areas of North Texas, USA
- Anybody Can Dance(ABCD), Can Anybody Teach ?
- Dance Glossary : NEW !! Always Updating !!!
- Guest/International Faculties at Grace And Grooves LLC
- Guest Artist at Grace And Grooves LLC Dance Productions
- Why Compete or Perform, What does that get you ?
- International Artist Prospects For Grace And Grooves LLC
- Trained & Untrained Teachers – Difference by Hetal Nagaraj
- Competitions Counted On Our Lists
- Secrets To Winning Competitions for Dummies
- Salutations to our people, we love you & Our Staff
- Salutations to Darpana Academy of Performing Arts (Ahmedabad-India) & Trainings.
- Grace And Grooves LLC, Names, Logo(s) – Updated As Required
- Recital 2017: Celebration of Life Featuring JALSO (NRITYA KI MASTI).
- Past Interns and Visiting Faculties w/Grace And Grooves
- Musical Dance Drama 2017(Public)
- Creative School-Fun Projects
- List of Performances 2015 and Before
- Early Training of Our Founding Member-Raised With Standards
- Recital 2016 : Dance of Gods Featuring ADI-SHAKTI
- Bollywood Fever…. since 2015
- ELITE: Expensive or Quality & Value / Returns 🙂 ?
- Creativity In Performing Arts (Folk): Embrace Or Not?
- Our Story – How, when…. Grace And Grooves Started. And Why us ?
- 1999…. Entering Freelance Private Group Choreography
- Past Volunteers And Staff
- Dance like nobody’s watching OR dance like everybody’s watching?
Call NOW : 972 979 2559 OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org://www.facebook.com/GraceAndGroovesTwitter : https://twitter.com/GraceAndGroovesYoutube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSbZYIr0EPzrfPNzH_0FcVw
- Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi Nagaraj| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2022
- This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Recital 2018 concept and theme was decided in 2016 by Hetal Nagaraj.
The students in beginning of 2017 were actually taught dances like-wise throughout the year covering just the basics staying in their own category.
The whole idea got the shape in October 2017 when a rough playlist was made. A couple of these dances were also showcased in some of local talent competitions (September-October 2017), Diwali Mela(s)-(November 2017) at various places and other local festival stages. And a few of these had already won the awards too such as Pushpanjali, Madhurashtakam (Practice video-Selected for finals).
With all the influences of Non.Indian Culture in our Indian Dances, Dramas and thus our lives, we thought of showing how a life of our next generations that are brought up here. As it says, A=American, B=Born, C=Confused, D=Desis. But for our students of Grace And Grooves, C stands for CULTURED DESI, CLEAR FUNDAMENTALS, AND CRYSTAL CUT Diamond like TALENTS. Talents that can’t be beaten, Talents that can’t be judged with shallow mark-ups or untrained eyes and Talents that can’t be shadowed.
Grace And Grooves is an Indian Dance School where students know difference between Bollywood And Indian Folk Dances, Bollywood And Bharatnatyam, Bharatnatyam and Indian Folk, Semi-Classical And Bharatnatyam too!
So the recital program 2018 of Grace And Grooves had Pure Bharatnatyam that showcased the richness of Indian Classical Dances to Fun Indian Folk, Fusion Folk, Movie Types Semi-Classical Dances infused with & without Desi-HipHop to real semi-classical dances, Bollywood Modern-Contemporary Desi-HipHop Fusions and Folk And the dance dramas inspired from movies such as Bahubali, Veer Zaara & many more.
Grace And Grooves successfully completed NAVARASA as per Natya Shashtra Guidelines in Bharatnatyam, Indian Folk Dances And Bollywood/Movie Dances in 2017-2018 year. All the dances are directed or choreographed exclusively by Hetal Nagaraj unless otherwise mentioned. Our Company Choreographers contributed with dances on Ramta Jogi by Mansi Chauhan and Ganesh Kavtuvam by Buvuneshwari Murugan.
We cannot forget Indian Movies that teaches us to dream big and live-happily ever after within our cultural boundaries—no matter where we go. Thus, our Special Feature of the evening & 90s Tribute was An Exclusive Tribute to Shahrukh Khan of Bollywood – SRK as we know him. It showcased non-stop 11 mins of SRK’s movie dances by around 20+ students and special appearances from Raghu K and Pavithra K. Videos will be shortly available.
Very first time in our recital, we had Guest Choreographers with Rang Barse-Holi Remix Tribute by Ritu Kharbanda and Bollywood Garba on Nagada Sang Dhol Baaje By Mishu Shashtri. Our Guest-Artist this time was a young artist – Arjun Iyer, Age 11 who played various notes starting from National Anthem of USA with music to notable Tamil Songs on Keyboard-Piano and Clarinet. Guest choreographer Ritu Kharbanda contributed with song of Om Shanti Om to our SRK non.stop dance extravaganza as her contribution to salute our King Khan with Harshita and Gargi.
All students, choreographers were acknowledged with participating medals and certificates during the show and later-during the classes. Below are the all the pictures, Enjoy And Don’t forget to sign up for our lessons : www.graceandgrooves.com
Phone : 972 979 2559
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/GraceAndGrooves
Twitter : https://twitter.com/GraceAndGrooves
Golden Era of Movies in various Languages : 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s From Semi-Classical Mujras To Desi Hip Hop Infused with various Indian Folk Dances.Concept,Choreography, Choreographer, Direction by Hetal Nagaraj.
Special Thanks :
- Mishu Shastri-Dance, Ritu Kharbanda-Dance for their wonderful participation in Recital 2018, A Fusion Life of ABCD.
- Arjun Iyer for Instruments.(Pic Added Jan-2,2020)
- Kedar Golvelkar For Music on Guitar (Ankhon Mein Teri),
- Bhagwat Pandya For Sound Technician Services.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi Nagaraj| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2020.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Post Updated : March 15 2018, Jan 2 2020.
Grace And Grooves Group – Student Of The Year – Leadership Awards
This section of Blog is exclusively dedicated to all our students’ achievements with Grace And Grooves LLC. These are the students who take every opportunity to excel not only as part of team work but also as part of their individual growth and performances in their respective dance forms or types (if Bollywood-Movie Dances!). These students take regular classes just like all the other students but the only thing they do differently is identify the opportunities given to them by their teachers and make the best use of it. We also like to call them swans.
These students of Grace And Grooves are the examples of achieving balance in life, elegance, and beautiful results that you get with proper training at the right time from all the right people! There is no short-cuts to learning any dance forms/types. If you want to do it then you will do it, no matter what life throws at you! Times when they had lemons around, these students have made a lemonade and nailed it! All pictures below are subject to change if parents send us more pictures 🙂 But until then, enjoy what is posted.
It is not only the straight background that works with everything but also right time, right people, balance & right attitude that builds something that stays FOREVER…You do not have to come from generations of family to do it right.
2020 – 2021 : Aahana :
- Aahana is a student of Hetal Nagaraj Dance, Hetal Nagaraj from 2012 (she was almost 5 years old) for half dozen Indian Folk dances(100+ hours) & Bollywood(250+hr) & has taken several courses with Grace And Grooves Group of Dance Companies (350 +) hours with us in general. Aahana is a vivacious 11 year old from Frisco Texas. She’s a 6th grader in Frisco, Texas, USA. She is currently taking advance training of Kalaripayattu & Contemporary (surpassed 30+ hr NEW each) with Ms.Hetal(in-person) & Manoj Sir(online). She has won several city & state level non-voting competitions under Hetal Nagaraj nominating her for several state level participations and competitions. ALL of which were non-voting. Her other dance accomplishments include, city and state level bollywood, indian folk and semi-classical winning streaks with Hetal Nagaraj as part of company performances and submissions. Nominated several times for state level programs as well to come and perform but due to exam times, she could not go.
- Aahana’s other accomplishments include several sports, educational, arts/drawing awards by grade and she won a honorary mention for her reflections art work at Ani Hols elementary school. Current Student at School of rock training in Vocals ( rock music ) Age 6 to 10. Her Facebook page was established in 2020 under the leadership & training of Hetal Nagaraj with Reachh Mediaa Reachh Since 2013.
- Under Hetal Nagaraj, she also earned her first international award from Mumbai, India. See here.
- She receives 300$ worth of prizes from our friends and participating companies. Yet another example set here!
2019-2020 : Sindhu Jampala :
- Ms. Sindhu started her trainings in August 2014 for recreational Bollywood classes in Irving, Texas under Hetal Nagaraj when she was mother of 1. Later, she was trained with Ms. Deepthi & Hetal together.
- She started her journey with her full time IT job, at times on-call and all the other family commitments. Performing and then graduating after being “a mother of 2” NOW. She has participated in lot of our recitals, dance productions and has been part of our growing family! From Sarvaa 2019, she has been contributing towards company shows by being choreographer for her own kids team with full responsibility from start to finish under the leadership of Hetal Nagaraj.
- Lot of her dances were selected for form/Bharatanatyam/folk category even when submitted in open category only because we had used Bollywood song but organizers moved us!! While others were pure bollyhop and fun dances that she continues to do today with her teams. With their Irving & Carrollton teams, they made it to several local non-voting competitions for Bollywood categories & a few reality dance competitions across cities for bollywood traditional to bollyhop.
- Read about her trainings at Grace And Grooves.
- She receives gift hampers and services worth of 250$ from our friends and participating companies. Sindhu has set an example for lot of our full time working young mommies with extended families that there will be a year that’s going to be mine from start to finish :). She finally took it in 2019-2020 with family. #respect.
2018-2019 : Aanya Kocchar :
- Ms. Aanya Kocchar joined Grace And Grooves as an exclusive Bharatnatyam Student in 2015 when we started teaching structured Bharatnatyam Program at Lewisville, Texas under the guru-shishya parampara with Mrs. Hetal Nagaraj exclusively.
When it comes to balancing life with education, performing arts and all the other activities that kids have to take up today just to achieve normal expectancy as per school curriculum, it has never been easy!
As per our Student of the year criteria, she has been an excellent role model to all our younger Bharatanatyam dancers who will look upon her an example going forward. Never Give Up because learning an art-form is never easy and there are NO SHORT-CUTS.
Aanya has performed with Grace And Grooves in several in-house dance productions with her exclusive Bharatnatyam Dances without forsaking fundamentals of her own art-form Bharatanatyam for all our recitals, community events as well as exclusively Hetal Nagaraj’s dance productions.
Her notable dances are Bharatnatyam Nruthyam-Gujarati Sahitya Dance Duet (Literature) and Hetal Nagaraj’s Master Degree university level work of exclusive Bharatnatyam-Pushpanjali, and Allaripu(main margam items). She continues to learn her next level in Bharatnatyam at Lewisville, Texas with Mrs. Hetal Nagaraj and is now a 5th Grader. We are so proud of you!
- She receives $200 worth of services from our partners and friend-businesses to excel in her interest in the journey of Bharatanatyam. One Step At A Time, Nice And Easy. Updated : Jan 11, 2019.
- Aanya was student from March 2015 to November 1, 2019. During Jatiswaram Level from Mid-August 2019 onwards, she started coming once a month only which was slowing down entire batch. Student was unable to attend minimum 4 classes a month/do any other make-up classes/take any other private classes to catch up to her class-mates or atleast take other parallel classes;all of which was given well-ahead of time as per convinience of all parents. Parents were contacted regularly every month about the absences via emails/phones-sms and calls. Parents were regularly requested to move to slower pace class or lower level class (just to keep it going until she is ready for her batch) which did not happen either. Later, in November 1, 2019 when their payment plan ended and it was time to renew, parents were requested to renew their payment plan only when student can attend classes regularly or choose any of options above or do private classes for good. This schedule expectation of regularly attending the class for this accelerated-level is excluding holiday schedules or extra practice schedules or makeup class schedules. All of these instructions are given well-ahead of time at the beginning of year itself. It is our policy from past 15 years! Updated : December 26, 2020. Aanya was in accelerated class of year-round lessons with full time – working – parents – holiday schedule. We are year round dance school.
2017-2018 : Samarth Setty
- His first dance was a valentine dance with girl at the age of 3.5 where he showed his ability to act, dance & make people laugh/smile by showing his natural dance skills, dance etiquettes that were taught to him by his Montessori teachers.
- Stage presence was natural to him just like his sister.
- Our little macho man had his struggles of taking breaks in learning dance because of his birth weight, body type but he never gave up.
- From a husky body type to making his body a lean-mean fat-burning machine, he has amazed us of what he could do with proper training, discipline and diet plans that his mom prepares for him.
- His official journey of dance training in Indian Folk Dances started at the age of 6, Bharatnatyam at the age of 7, Bollywood at the age of 7 and then he never looked back! Prior to these years, he would appear on stage as side/back stage-dancer.
- Amongst all our girls, at times he is the only Krishna, Shiva, captain, our Rahul who comes to save the day for lot of our group dances even when he is not dancing for full song. At times he is not instructed of what he needs to do except for dance steps if they were to match with group..it comes out naturally to him, without training and knowledge of dance forms/styles.(Environment)
- From group dance dramas to Solo(s) in Bharatnatyam, Indian Folk Dances and Bollywood/Movie Dances, he has done it all. He has successfully performed, competed and won competitions as solo artist from 2nd place to 3rd place with only 1 hour a week of dance lessons.
- His training teachers are : Buvaneshwari Murugan(Jatiswaram, Ganesh Kavtuvam) & Hetal Nagaraj (Pushpanjali, Allaripu, Jatiswaram, Thillana, Shabhdam, Bho-Shamboo and several dance dramas from Gujarati Literature to Telugu Literature) for Bharatanatyam, Indian Folk Dances-Hetal Nagaraj, Bollywood-Hetal Nagaraj and Mansi Chauhan.
- His workshops include : Intermediate-Advance Workshop with Shakti Mohan-2015.
- He is a perfect example of perseverance, inherited natural talent, stage presence and a best example for kids who feel like giving up, only because of body-type.
- He receives photo-shoots worth $250, competition discounts and several other perks from our participating businesses.
- His Facebook page was established in 2019 under the leadership & training of Hetal Nagaraj with Reachh Mediaa Reachh Since 2013. Read More About Samarth Setty.
- Updated-Feb 13-2018, Sept 1-2021.
Ashna Pethe – 2016-2017
- From recreational dancer(Age-10) to now our elite team dancer and this years’ 1st
prize winner in Non-Classical-Category(Bollywood). Lewisville-Texas. Now 13.
- Locations of Workshops, Performances & Competitions : Southlake-Texas, Irving-Texas, Dallas-Texas, Lewisville-Texas, Frisco-Texas, Plano-Texas, Carrollton-Texas.
- Ashna won A $200 gift hamper that includes a photo-shoot and a FREE professional profiling and several free perks from Grace And Grooves LLC.
- A perfect example of no short-cuts to success and yet balancing it beautifully with unbeatable graceful performances.
- She has bagged 1st place in non-classical category and has cleared several competitions in state of Texas. (Update-September 29, 2017).
- Ashna dances 1-2 hours a week Bollywood at Elite Level w/Elite Team for Grace And Grooves, paid and unpaid performances.
- She has taken advance workshops with Hetal Nagaraj, Mansi Chauhan And Shakti Mohan for Indian Folk Dances, Professional Bharatnatyam, Professional Kathak and Contemporary.
- Her Facebook page was established in 2019 under the leadership & training of Hetal Nagaraj with Reachh Mediaa Reachh Since 2013. Coming Soon About Ashna Pethe.
- Updated Sept 1-2021.
Diya Kadiyala, 2015-2016.
- First Indian Folk Dance Solo Artist under the age of 5 (under official company name Grace And Grooves other than Nirja Setty) successfully performed 3.2 minute of Indian Folk Dance. Twice!!
- Audience : 100 People. Selected/Cleared Auditions for 2 different competitions in 2015. Irving-Texas. Age 4.5. Now 6.
- Locations of Performances : Irving-Texas, Dallas-Texas, Frisco-Texas.
- You are a perfect example of following directions just as taught at such a young age that too in Indian Folk Dances.
- Diya took Free private classes(2) worth $50 during the regular classes. A Free costume rental on our elite line of costumes and a waive off on registration fees for second year. ($30).
Nirja Setty, 2014-2015.
- Winner of 6 (now 6) technique focused Indian Dance Competitions in Indian Folk Dances, Fusion and Bharatnatyam(2016).
- Nirja won Free Costumes and Jewelry from one of our friend-sponsors worth $100. Free Tickets to concert-$30.
- A girl known to challenge judges’ knowledge in competitions as compared to her age group. Irving, Lewisville-Texas. Age 9. NOW 11.
- You are a perfect example of perfect expressions/looks in Indian Performing arts-anytime a picture is taken and yet it just as graceful and beautiful. All of this with a beautiful balance in life!
- Her average competition prize money amounted to $200-$300 by 2015 in various school competitions for Bharatnatyam and Indian Folk Dances. Her audience is not less than 1000 people for the dances she has performed.
- Nirja regularly dances 1-hour a week in : Bharatnatyam(in 2 styles), Bollywood and Indian Folk Dances with Hetal Nagaraj and Alpana Jacob (outside Grace And Grooves LLC).
- Locations of Workshops, Performances & Competitions : Southlake-Texas, Irving-Texas, Dallas-Texas, Lewisville-Texas, Frisco-Texas, Plano-Texas, Carrollton-Texas, Allen-Texas, Coppell-Texas, Grapevine-Texas, Flowermound-Texas, Arlington-Texas.
- She has taken advance workshops with Mansi Chauhan, Hetal Nagaraj and Shakti Mohan for Professional Kathak and Contemporary. She has also danced National Level Competition Fogana 2013 w/Indu Mangrola-Sursangam Dance Company.
- Her Facebook page was established in 2019 under the leadership & training of Hetal Nagaraj with Reachh Mediaa Reachh Since 2013. Read More About Nirja Setty.
- Updated-Sept 1-2021.
Srinija Burra, 2013-2014 :
- Outstanding Recreational Indian Folk Dance Artist – (Solo) Recreational Folk Program.
- Audiences from 100 to 500 People. Irving-Texas. Age 6. NOW 11.
- Srinija won Free Customized Costumes from our elite line of costumes and Free Tickets to performances worth $75.
- Won competitions with Grace And Grooves LLC as in group for Indian Folk Dances held Dallas-Texas at Coppell-Texas, Plano-Texas, Allen-Texas.
- Locations of Performances & Competitions : Southlake-Texas, Irving-Texas, Dallas-Texas, Lewisville-Texas, Frisco-Texas, Plano-Texas, Carrollton-Texas, Allen-Texas, Coppell-Texas, Grapevine-Texas, Flowermound-Texas, Arlington-Texas.
- Selected in several auditions and competitions for Solos. Selected by several media and top-notch family/event/corporate-dance and professional photographers for individual profiling/close-ups during our community performances without our telling them or informing them. She was also part of Fusion team being an avid gymnasts student. Click here :
- You are a perfect example of perfect expressions/looks anytime a picture is taken and yet it just as graceful and beautiful.
Congratulations to ALL our students of the year!
Thank you for working hard with us…
This post will be updated once a year. Our academic year goes from August To May.
Post Updated History : This Post was First Published on this Blog on September 25, 2017.
Pictures posted above are either past or present students of Grace and Grooves & their pictures are shared based on their exclusive photo sharing rights and approved by parents when shared/transferred to Grace And Grooves for the purpose of Grace and Grooves ONLY.
Copyright Reach Media for Grace And Grooves | Grace Creations | 2012-2021. This material cannot be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Competitions We Do :
As such we have won several competitions but we have only accounted in our bags that we have done it independently ourselves and have judges who are qualified in field of Indian Performing Arts-who know what to look for in dance forms or styles, if mentioned likewise.
- Non-Voting, Strict by Genre, Category, Dance Forms, Rules of Dance Form, Rubrics, Guidelines, Marks and Feedbacks by Judges with straight background, Local or International Depending on all of above.
- Competitions in partnership with other dance schools/teachers are NOT INCLUDED in our list.
- We do not sponsor the awards or competitions that we take part in. Please contact hetal at email@example.com for sponsorships.
- We do not do reality competitions YET. These are not institutionalized or educational competitions.
- Competitions where voting criteria is 10/100 or more at any levels are not included in our list. You are welcome to take freelance lessons from us to participate but we will not participate in voting. We will not take those on our list.
- Judges who do not have any knowledge of dance or cannot outline the difference between simple things such as bollywood vs folk, fusion vs bollywood, and so on! If you do not know the rules of dance form then there is no point in judging. And so, we do not take part in those competitions.
- Participant Awards are NOT listed or considered for us-obviously and that includes students who get participant awards during competitions just for participating and not winning competitions for any runner ups awards either. Culture awards are not competition awards 🙂
- Wins at the Competitions that misrepresented categories/competitions/malrepresentation by the organizers are NOT listed.
- Eg-Represented as Indian FOLK Competition but it was actually a Bollywood Competition and so they are NOT LISTED HERE. We have won such competitions as well.
- Only legitimate competitions are listed.
- We DO NOT teach Tap/Jazz/Ballet. Students who took part in fusion dances that included tap/jazz or ballet were trained from Ballet Academy of Texas(Coppell) and Prestige Dance Company(Lewisville-former Coppell Dance Center)for 2months+ or were already avid trained dancers or good gymnasts.
- We taught them only Indian Classical Dance(Bharatnatyam)or Indian Folk Dance and the Fusion work to go together based on what they knew.
- Some competitions are listed together as only 1 award was given for consecutive years win or in same year as prizes had material gifts/or gift cards for participants or same work received awards in 2 different places by different participants or same participants. There was only 1 ceremony for awards that happened.
- Competitions that are not worth our attention –>
- Students are neglected, mis-treated, insulted by organizers are NOT worth of our time. We will pass their info-you are welcome to compete but keep us out of it.
- Organizers are in favor of other dance schools and allowed several re-takes to them but not to us-for no good reason are NOT worth our time. We DO NOT want children to go through that traumatic experiences.
- Students are questioned about their well-being priorities only because organizer couldn’t see the child winning in-spite of stopping the vote entries are NOT worth of your child’s time.
- Organizers that offer inappropriate stage areas, dressing room areas or unsafe dance conditions are eliminated from our list for any future participations due to SAFETY GUIDELINES concerning child’s safety. We don’t come there to dance in 5-8 steps of stage area.
- A stage or organizer who cannot respect a child’s presence while talking just about anything that they have in mind insulting kids and their parents whatsoever, esp. talking in extremely loud voice and misbehaving in front of children because you couldn’t handle pressures (while others were allowed to do same-all drama in front of child)-is not worth our attention.
Please learn your manners FIRST when you treat a child.
Stop treating them like trash — this tells us about your parenting! Not our parents’.
- An organizer who is bias to us in all the privileges given to other participants will not need our attention at any given point of time. If you have made up your mind in not allowing us to avail the privileges then why should we make kids suffer through your misconduct and inappropriate behavior just for a trophy ?
Constructive feedbacks are very welcomed. We have come this far only because of constructive feedbacks. Please tell us your background before you judge!
All of above are NOT sarcastic humor incidents and are ruled out by experiences in recent competitions and we do not want any child to face such a traumatic experience just for a competition! Our kids/students are very precious to us.
Other Blog Posts where such a traumatic incident happened : Read Here.
Stop blaming parents and kids for your own issues. Open Stats @Cqunce Inc.
This post was updated in May 15, 2019 | May 22, 2021.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi | Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves 2012-2021. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Everybody in this world has their inspiration from somewhere or something. So do we and all our names. Just out of sky it did not come in our mind to get these names on our paper to register them as our own. With so many theories out there about names, we had to clear our own lists of all the DBA(s), Logo(s)….
Grace And Grooves LLC (2012) : This is sort of like additional information on how we got our name. As shared in link above on Grace And Grooves LLC(2012), we got our name from audiences. Topic 2 From Here.
Here’s little more to nail-biting situation we were put through for name!
We had unexpected challenges during this walk-in competition. When asked what dance company it was–we did not have a name back then. We did not know what to answer. We wondered, why was it required to put a name when organizer did not disclose such a thing before the event as a basic requirement and just took us in to compete.
Grace, poise, artistic choreography never fails to sell itself. This was compared to a youtube copied choreography that had over a million views 🙂 It had us worried for a while until we heard that we received 1st place award. We were told to give some name by the end of event and when the results are announced(if we win!) so that they can address it as we were the ONLY people there who did not have name there. They seemed to be against participants that were not registered.
An American Indian (well, married to Indian 🙂 complimented our parents and students that she did not understand language or meaning of song but choreography was so beautiful that it touched her heart.
She mentioned specifically which sequence of dance it was upon asking. The song was about relation between Meera(a devotee of lord krishna) and Lord Krishna that was well-read to audience before the song. But, the ending dance sequence when Meera looses her presence in materialistic world in Hare Krishna Dhun (chants with complete submission to the lord Krishna). This dance was performed by Nirja Setty and her school friend (name disclosed on request) in our own designed Kerala Style Tissue Pattu Pavadai. Cloth for this costume was specifically shipped from India (on request of-course) and re-stitched, re-designed for these girls in the City of Irving-Coppell,Texas USA. She said, the dance brought tears in her eyes. Our Success! After hearing compliments from this young lady, we named ourselves–Grace And Grooves when they called us on stage to receive our award-1st place. It was instant. We loved the name that we accidentally spoke out! Comments by the judges : Beautiful Choreography, Dramatic Appearances, Nicely done, Beautiful costumes/props and compliments such as how did you do such a beautiful dance choreography on this song! We always get that & happy to hear one more time 🙂 Choreographer : Hetal Nagaraj. Inspirations from her trainings.
Both students were learning Bharatnatyam with us and Indian Folk Dance(Pure) towards common goal of having them compete in a competition as duet, if the audition process goes well. And, we were waiting to hear the results. Meanwhile, we came to know of this competition and we walked right-in when we heard walk-ins are welcomed. This choreography work has won several awards in competitions, at times-back to back. Nobody gets tired of it :). We hear the same thing–how did you do it!
CALL NOW 972 979 2559 or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Creations(2013) : A name that was a direct inspiration from an Indian artistic dance company in east-coast of United States. We were in love with it the day we came across them through a friend. We were shown their you-tube videos when our friend saw Mrs.Nagaraj’s semi-classical work performed by her own self. Our other inspiration was Indian Dance School(In Georgia, USA) for their beautiful unique fusion works. Very artistically done and both of these are Bharatnatyam based Indian Dance Companies. And we started following them but with our own artistic, innovative ways and we infused lot of other styles, forms of dances as well–at times within the limits of form or style while the other times-totally off-limits. All students however were trained in their forms and styles to maintain their commitments. All our fusion choreography work often performs under the label of Grace Creations. Grace Creations will perform in later years next and is currently on vacation :).
CALL NOW 972 979 2559 or Email : email@example.com
Nruthyakala Dance Academy(2017) : The word comes from words Nruthya (or Nritya meaning dance) and Kala meaning Art. We had in mind several other names but we needed a name that goes for both the dance forms – Bharatanatyam and Indian Folk Dances(India). Main idea was to have Nruthya(Nritya meaning Dance) that is combination of Nritta and Natya – both;thus separating these two beautiful forms from all the other programs that we offer. Eventually, it may happen that Bharatnatyam and Indian Folk Dances may operate separately but until then this is it-we loved this as it best-fits our need!
CALL NOW 972 979 2559 or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mirchi Dance Academy(2017): This word was decided last year! Very well, it came from Red Chillies Entertainment (An Entertainment Company in Mumbai, India). Mirchi(meaning hot pepper/chillies) is always a must have in plate if you have roots from Kathyavaad. Coming from hybrid-gujarati family, we were born eating tasty peppers/chillies with our all-time favorite theplas, stuffed paranthas or bajri-rotlas with all the other goodies. Some habits don’t go, they say! From our food plate to our DBA name. And you thought we don’t love Bollywood :)…Yes, bring it onn. It is tasty!
Date: August 15, 2017.
Exclusively written by Hetal Nagaraj. Copyright Reach Media for Grace And Grooves | Grace Creations | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | 2012-2017. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.