Media Gallery COMING SOON OF ALL OUR AWARDEES PICTURES AND VIDEOS!
When your life and trainings have enough of all you need, you don’t look at others to compare. Our trainings have given us so much that we are never run out on creativity within the dance forms. Fusions were yet another signature in making from year 2000 and that is how our owner took professional trainings in Kathak inspired by Madhuri Dixit’s dances in Indian Movies and Kathak based fusions in Bollywood Industry. Check Ms.Hetal Nagaraj’s Kathak choreography trainings.
Below are competitions that we went to finals. Many competitions we didn’t go for finals in spite of winning all previous auditions, semi-finals & pre-finals. Those videos will be out too very soon!
ALL Competitions are : Non-Voting, Judges with Degrees or extremely high credentials in performing arts or with transparent background with full traceability for their teachers too. We do not sponsor any of these events :). Not our business, not our problem!
Part 1. Ages 3.5 to 15.
ALL Choreo, Class Teacher, Techniques, Completion, Costumes, Makeup, Accessories as well as Competition Requirements unless otherwise mentioned : Hetal Nagaraj.
Awards & Titles In Indian Dance Competitions :
Prior To May 1, 2011[Private Groups Only-Indian Folk Dance Competitions]
1. *Best Fundraiser(19-23years)-1999,2000,2001-Folk Dance Competition:Garba,Raas/Dandiya,Lavani(India)
2. *Best Theme & Choreography(19-23years-2002,2003)IndianFolk Dance Competition: Ghoomar of Rajasthan,Tera talli(India)
3. Best Choreography Folk(AgeGroup23-30years)-2004(US-Michigan-Indian Dance Competition): Kalbelia
4. First Place Talent/Fundraiser(AgeGroup 20-30)2006.Indian Dance Competition-SemiClassical Bharatnatyam,Kansas-USA
5. *Participation Awards Folk(2011-Gidda/Bhangra), Semi-Classical/Fusion(2012)Age 5-10years+Best Dress Awards in both(Indian Dance Competition,Irving)
*Cash Prizes(India)/Gift Cards(USA) in all years + 1 Award for consecutive wins.
May 1, 2011 & Onwards(Indian Dance Competitions)
1. First Place:Ages 4-6 Age.Group,Indian Folk Dance – Tera Talli(Public Event-Indian Folk Dance Competition]
2. Second Place:Folk-Fusion(5-7years)Group- Bhangra, Bollywood, Tap[School Competitions)
3. First Place:Fusion-Bollywood Style Bharatnatyam(Solo),Age 6.Fusion Indian Dance Competition
4. Second Place:Youth “Classical Fusion.Age 15-20.Bharatnatyam, Bihu, Kumari – Dance Competition,Fusion-Irving
5. First Place:Best Dress,Culture Festival- Garba/Dandiya[Represented India-Talent Show-Irving]
6. First Place:Best Dress,Best Folk Choreography,Solo/Age8-Ghoomar of Rajasthan, Chirmi [Indian Dance Competition-Dallas)
7. First Place:Tap/Indian Classical Dance-Group[Age8)School-Talent Competition-Indo American-Coppell]
8. Fourth Place Fusion,Age7.Solo.Garba/Dandiya-Raas[Invited Only-Private Event-Competition)
9. Third Place Group(Ages 4-6) Garba[Charity Event-Indian Dance Competition, Plano-Texas]
10.Second Place(Below 13 Yrs)Solo.9 Years-Ghoomar/Ghummar of Rajasthan at Indian Dance Competition:Plano-Texas]
11.Third Place(Below 13 Years)Solo.7 Years-Lavani, Indian Dance Competition,Plano-Texas.
12.First Place(Below 12 Years)Solo.8 Years-Garba-Dandiya/Raas, Plano-Texas.
13.Third Place(Grade6-10)Solo 11 Years-Smt.Rama Vaidyanathan’s Thillana Bharatnatyam(Classical-Artwork, Bharatnatyam Student), Indian Dance Competition, Plano-Texas
14.First Place(Grade6-10)Solo 13 Years-Bollywood Fusion(Non.Classical). Indian Folk Dance, Contemporary, Bharatnatyam on Bollywood/Tollywood Song. Student trained in Indian Folk Dance, Contemporary, and Professional Bharatnatyam as seperate programs. Indian Dance Competition, Plano-Texas
15.Third Place(Grade 1-5)Solo.10 Years-Pushpanjali. Bharatnatyam Choreography Work : Hetal Nagaraj. Indian Dance Competition, Carrollton-Texas. Our Bharatnatyam Student from 2014.
16.First Place (Grade6-10), Solo 13 Years-Bollywood Fusion(Non.Classical). Indian Folk Dance, Contemporary, Bharatnatyam on Bollywood/Tollywood Song. Student trained in Indian Folk Dance, Contemporary, Bollywood and 2 styles of Bharatnatyam from Grace And Grooves LLC and other dance school. Indian Dance Competition, Carrollton-Texas.
17. Second Place, Solo. 10-11 years-Bharatanatyam. Click Here, Part 2 of dance won (Samarth Setty, direct invite from our own published YouTube video of Part 1. Part 2 Finals Won). Choreographer:Hetal Nagaraj(Part-1). Student is a Bharatanatyam Student from Grace And Grooves LLC. Indian Dance Competition, Carrollton-Texas. Choreography/Choreographer Hetal Nagaraj, Part 2.
ALL Choreo, Class Teacher, Techniques, Completion, Practices, Costumes, Makeup, Accessories as well as Competition Requirements unless otherwise mentioned : Hetal Nagaraj(www.hetaln.com).
18. 1st place Bharatnatyam Ages 9-12 : Dhiya Sudhini : Intern-Class Teacher : Nirja Setty | Supervisor : Hetal Nagaraj.
19. 2nd place Bharatnatyam Ages 5-9 : Audrey Martin . Class Teacher : Hetal Nagaraj | Costume : Audrey with direction from Hetal Nagaraj.
20. 3rd place Bharatanatyam Ages 5-9 : Uma Shah (- Internship – All practices Puja Natesan). Good Job! choreography, techniques, direction, competition edits requirements : Hetal Nagaraj. Dance of Sarva 2019 | Class Teacher : Hetal Nagaraj.
21. 1st place Ages 9 – 12 | Category : Non-Classical | Dance : Bollywood & Fusion (Folk+Hiphop & Festival-Party Dances)|Dancer : Sanvi L Sharma (Mckinney) | Class Teacher : Sannthosh | Supervisor, Techniques, Direction & Completion of entire dance due to time limit and ALL Practices : Hetal Nagaraj.
22. 2nd place Ages 9 – 12 | Category : Non-Classical | Dance : Fusion Kalaripayattu & Contemporary | Class Teacher : Hetal Nagaraj. Dancer : Aahana Marella | Costumes : Aahana with direction from Hetal Nagaraj.
Our Heartist Congratulations for International Awards : 2020-2021 :
International Awards | Other than Competitions | Non-Competition Awards | Culture Awards | Achivement Awards :
Before 2020 : Coming Soon.
2020 March : Media Culture Awards – for Gujarat Culture/heritage by Hello Gujarat Group, Ahmedabad Gujarat, India.
Their screening for these awards happened in early 2020 for which they were handpicked by media looking to their non-stop contributions in Indian Folk Dances, Bharatanatyam, Bollywood, Fusion and off-late Hiphop(In Gujarati). This is Hetal Nagaraj’s 2nd International Award. ALL Video Clips and Newspaper Clips/Coming Soon!
These students and teachers were picked by media from their performances, competitions as well as fundraisers with respect to Gujarat & it’s culture in some of LIVE events. Several other newspapers and medias shared their contributions and highlighted them. ALL Video Clips and Newspaper Clips/Coming Soon!
2021 April : Student Achievers’ Award by Rhythm Group, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
27. Nirja Setty
28. Samarth Setty
Nomination Criteria – 2021 February-April : Dance Accomplishments Required First Hand.
If you have accomplished in dance/performing arts then next set of criteria are : What else you have accomplished with balanced life and did you consistently do to achieve it? How are you in your studies? What you do in school? What did you accomplish from all your recreational activities for the fun of it? If you did, pictures, videos, clips, announcements, certificate pictures are to be submitted. Some fees to ship/parcel/post the award and certificates.
Congratulations! Student of the Year Ms. Sindhu 2019-2020 by our sponsors’ pick for being role model to new dancers / refreshers and moms. She showcased excellent team work, smooth enrollments process, costume plans, & conducted dance lessons for kids from 4 to 8 years for beginners level for our Sarva 2019. Read More about Student of the Year-Here.
30. 2019-2020 : Congratulations to Nirja Setty & Ashna Pethe for being selected again for other competition in first round and also for nominations for awards/interviews. Song : Nimbooda Duet : Bollywood Category. Same Dance.
31. 2021 : International Womens’ Award : Hetal Nagaraj : For Contributions in Performing Arts and Non-Performing Arts. Media Group : Hello Gujarat, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
32. 2021 June : Hetal Nagaraj awarded as Inspiring entrepreneur in the IMPACT edition of India Today and was featured in India Today. See her news in India Today and her list of accomplishments.
We made it to number of titles and awards to 32 by June 21, 2021 under/by Hetal Nagaraj.
Congratulations to all awardees and for working consistently with us….
Come to our classes regularly and that is all you need! It is the straight background with full trainings!
Our Video Glimpse of Past Awardees : Click : https://www.hetaln.com/awards-competitions
How We Choose Competitions: READ HERE.
The Competitions & Performances that we go have Judges with following qualifications :
- Degrees in Performing Arts (Indian for Indian Dances),
- Straight Background With Full Proof & Traceability,
- Versatile Dancers In Their Genre – Non Stop Stage Dancers.
- Full Hands-Onn w/Knowledge From Right Sources (traceable background or universities)
We do not do reality competitions. In past we have tried about 1-reality competition. But we strongly do not believe that you need people’s votes to win the competition OR dirty politics to get the wins! Your dance has more value than all of that.
Our focus is institutionalized and curriculam based dances for now. In future, if it alligns, sure – we will think about it depending on various factors and above all, the organizers!
Languages & Music Compositions :
- Our Bollywood program includes Tollywood Dances(Telugu) and Other Indian Movie Languages, Remixes as well.
- For Indian Folk Dances & Bharatanatyam : We are very fortunate to have dance collections from various languages with actual compositions or re-composed by our teachers and peers.
- Our owner herself composes music for Bollywood/Tollywood, Hiphop, Indian Folk Dances, Bharatanatyam with full jatis, ragam, thalam, as required-when required. She also writes songs, poems in 4 different languages and her works in English have been published a few times in USA itself. She has not got chance to submit her other work!
ALL pictures of competitions and winning news are on our facebook timelines from Grace And Grooves Timeline to Ms. Hetal Nagaraj’s Timeline. Do not miss! Make sure to subscribe or follow or like to our page and medias. As we dig up our videos, we will soon compile them along with pictures seperate! Lot of work to do..
Grace And Grooves performed/performs Bharatnatyam, Bollywood and Folk Dances of India for following(as requested):
IANT Day/IANT Night(Indian Association of North Texas), The Punjabi Association Hasda Punjab(DFW), DFW Hindu Temple – Ekta Mandir(Irving-Texas), Diwali Mela(DFW Indian Cultural Society-DFW ICS), Plano International Festival Corp, Tantex(Telugu Association of North Texas), NATA(North American Telugu Association), Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple(Frisco), Flowermound Hindu Temple(Flowermound), DFW-Hindu Temple(Irving), Ram Mandir(Plano), Hare Krishna-ISKON Temple of Dallas, Schools, Colleges, Universities and several fundraising/community/cultural events.
Annual Recital depending on program you join.
Performances happen very frequently and students perform according to program they join! So HURRY and Enroll Your Child & Register them for classes
for Indian Folk Dances, Bollywood, Bharatnatyam. Other Services such as Mehdi Nights, Couples Only-Therapy Classes, Marriage-Event Classes, Birthday Parties are offered at competitive rates.
Tune in to our channels, Facebook, we will updating links & videos as we process our videos! Don’t forget to subscribe.
Youtube Channel : Click Here
Post updated : Oct 1, 2019 with links, Video & more info added – May 12, 14 2020 | Jan 30, 2021 | Feb 2, 2021 | March 9, 2021 | May 28, 2021 | June 21, 2021.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reachh Mediaa for Hetal Joshi Nagaraj| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2021.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.