When your life and trainings have enough of all you need, you don’t look at others to compare. Our trainings have given us so much that we are never run out on creativity within the dance forms. Fusions were yet another signature in making from year 2000 and that is how our owner took professional trainings in Kathak inspired by Madhuri Dixit’s dances in Indian Movies and Kathak based fusions in Bollywood Industry. Check Ms.Hetal Nagaraj’s Kathak choreography trainings.
Below are competitions that we went to finals. Many competitions we didn’t go for finals in spite of winning all previous auditions, semi-finals & pre-finals. Those videos will be out too very soon!
Part 1. Ages 3.5 to 15.
Awards & Titles In Indian Dance Competitions :
Prior To May 1, 2011[Private Groups Only-Indian Folk Dance Competitions]
1. *Best Fundraiser(19-23years)-1999,2000,2001-Folk Dance Competition:Garba,Raas/Dandiya,Lavani(India)
2. *Best Theme & Choreography(19-23years-2002,2003)IndianFolk Dance Competition: Ghoomar of Rajasthan,Tera talli(India)
3. Best Choreography Folk(AgeGroup23-30years)-2004(US-Michigan-Indian Dance Competition): Kalbelia
4. First Place Talent/Fundraiser(AgeGroup 20-30)2006.Indian Dance Competition-SemiClassical Bharatnatyam,Kansas-USA
5. *Participation Awards Folk(2011-Gidda/Bhangra), Semi-Classical/Fusion(2012)Age 5-10years+Best Dress Awards in both(Indian Dance Competition,Irving)
*Cash Prizes(India)/Gift Cards(USA) in all years + 1 Award for consecutive wins.
May 1, 2011 & Onwards(Indian Dance Competitions)
1. First Place:Ages 4-6 Age.Group,Indian Folk Dance – Tera Talli(Public Event-Indian Folk Dance Competition]
2. Second Place:Folk-Fusion(5-7years)Group- Bhangra, Bollywood, Tap[School Competitions)
3. First Place:Fusion-Bollywood Style Bharatnatyam(Solo),Age 6.Fusion Indian Dance Competition
4. Second Place:Youth “Classical Fusion.Age 15-20.Bharatnatyam, Bihu, Kumari – Dance Competition,Fusion-Irving
5. First Place:Best Dress,Culture Festival- Garba/Dandiya[Represented India-Talent Show-Irving]
6. First Place:Best Dress,Best Folk Choreography,Solo/Age8-Ghoomar of Rajasthan, Chirmi [Indian Dance Competition-Dallas)
7. First Place:Tap/Indian Classical Dance-Group[Age8)School-Talent Competition-Indo American-Coppell]
8. Fourth Place Fusion,Age7.Solo.Garba/Dandiya-Raas[Invited Only-Private Event-Competition)
9. Third Place Group(Ages 4-6) Garba[Charity Event-Indian Dance Competition, Plano-Texas]
10.Second Place(Below 13 Yrs)Solo.9 Years-Ghoomar/Ghummar of Rajasthan at Indian Dance Competition:Plano-Texas]
11.Third Place(Below 13 Years)Solo.7 Years-Lavani, Indian Dance Competition,Plano-Texas.
12.First Place(Below 12 Years)Solo.8 Years-Garba-Dandiya/Raas, Plano-Texas.
13.Third Place(Grade6-10)Solo 11 Years-Smt.Rama Vaidyanathan’s Thillana Bharatnatyam(Classical-Artwork, Bharatnatyam Student), Indian Dance Competition, Plano-Texas
14.First Place(Grade6-10)Solo 13 Years-Bollywood Fusion(Non.Classical). Indian Folk Dance, Contemporary, Bharatnatyam on Bollywood/Tollywood Song. Student trained in Indian Folk Dance, Contemporary, and Professional Bharatnatyam as seperate programs. Indian Dance Competition, Plano-Texas
15.Third Place(Grade 1-5)Solo.10 Years-Pushpanjali. Bharatnatyam Choreography Work : Hetal Nagaraj. Indian Dance Competition, Carrollton-Texas. Our Bharatnatyam Student from 2014.
16.First Place (Grade6-10), Solo 13 Years-Bollywood Fusion(Non.Classical). Indian Folk Dance, Contemporary, Bharatnatyam on Bollywood/Tollywood Song. Student trained in Indian Folk Dance, Contemporary, Bollywood and 2 styles of Bharatnatyam from Grace And Grooves LLC and other dance school. Indian Dance Competition, Carrollton-Texas.
17. Second Place, Solo. 10-11 years-Bharatanatyam. Click Here, Part 2 of dance won (Samarth Setty, direct invite from our own published YouTube video of Part 1. Part 2 Finals Won). Choreographer:Hetal Nagaraj(Part-1). Student is a Bharatanatyam Student from Grace And Grooves LLC. Indian Dance Competition, Carrollton-Texas. Choreography/Choreographer Hetal Nagaraj, Part 2.
How We Choose Competitions: READ HERE.
Our Bollywood program includes Tollywood Dances(Telugu) and Other Indian Movie Languages, Remixes as well.
ALL pictures of competitions and winning news are on our facebook timelines from Grace And Grooves Timeline to Ms. Hetal Nagaraj’s Timeline. Do not miss! Make sure to subscribe or follow or like to our page and medias. As we dig up our videos, we will soon compile them along with pictures seperate! Lot of work to do..
Grace And Grooves performed/performs Bharatnatyam, Bollywood and Folk Dances of India for following(as requested):
IANT Day/IANT Night(Indian Association of North Texas), The Punjabi Association Hasda Punjab(DFW), DFW Hindu Temple – Ekta Mandir(Irving-Texas), Diwali Mela(DFW Indian Cultural Society-DFW ICS), Plano International Festival Corp, Tantex(Telugu Association of North Texas), NATA(North American Telugu Association), Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple(Frisco), Flowermound Hindu Temple(Flowermound), DFW-Hindu Temple(Irving), Ram Mandir(Plano), Hare Krishna-ISKON Temple of Dallas, Schools, Colleges, Universities and several fundraising/community/cultural events.
Annual Recital depending on program you join.
Performances happen very frequently and students perform according to program they join! So HURRY and Enroll Your Child & Register them for classes
for Indian Folk Dances, Bollywood, Bharatnatyam. Other Services such as Mehdi Nights, Couples Only-Therapy Classes, Marriage-Event Classes, Birthday Parties are offered at competitive rates.
Tune in to our channels, Facebook, we will updating links & videos as we process our videos! Don’t forget to subscribe.
Youtube Channel : Click Here
Post updated : Oct 1, 2019 with links, Video & more info added – May 12, 14 2020.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi Nagaraj| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2020.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.