2013 and onwards, Grace And Grooves started teaching Bollywood/Tollywood-Indian Movie Dance Lessons with structured programs. Songs such as Bahubali, Jai Ganesh, Krishna Leela, Heer, Tamma Tamma(Remix) and many more were acknowledged and requested by clients and organizers to perform in community/cultural events and auditions/competitions over and over again. Some of the listed songs that we performed were non-movie songs remixes such as Come and Get it by Selena Gomez, Cheap-Thrills combined with indian songs etc. T’was fun teaching them.
Personal achievements of choreographers with their other dance activities ARE NOT listed. You can check those out in our other blog post! Multiple Entry of same song means it was performed multiple times but with entirely new choreography with absolutely no relevance with previous one. All dancers in non-indian dance forms or styles are fully trained dancers at competitive levels.
These dances have won/taught at recreational, competition and as freelance paid or volunteer workshops (with/without performances) under the exclusive label of Grace And Grooves LLC, or Hetal Nagaraj and our other past/present choreographers and our elites as Assistant Choreographers:Nirja Setty and Ashna Pethe.
Format of below listing – Song Name, Movie/Album-Year, Starring or Singers/if private album. Choreographers Name. Assistant Choreographer as Asst. (Practices or few couple sequences.).
The number of songs prepared differently do not relate to the number of performances:
- Bollywood-Maine Payal Hai Chhankaai-Album (1999), Falguni Pathak.
- 2nd Place Group-Best Dress, Best Choreography. Hetal Nagaraj. Direct Competition Work. Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- This dance was inspired from Hetal Nagaraj’s own cousin sister’s dance:Jasmin Bhatt.
- Different choreography was then taught twice to 2 different age groups and was successfully performed in Group and Duet in cultural events at Irving-Texas, Arlington-Texas, Grapevine, Texas.
- Above were different age groups had successfully cleared auditions in other Bollywood Competitions as well.(Duets).
- 2nd Place Group-Best Dress, Best Choreography. Hetal Nagaraj. Direct Competition Work. Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dil To Pagal Hai Medley (1997-Shahrukh Khan, Karishma Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit Nene). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chak Dhoom Dhoom(1997-Shahrukh Khan, Karishma Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit Nene). Group-Students, Carrollton-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tumko Piya Dil Diya Kitne Naaz Se, Shikari (1963). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pankh Hote Re Ud Aati Re, Sehra(1963). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas
- Tollywood- Maan Karate – Dambakku (Sivakarthikeyan, Hansika), Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Couples. Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood – Its Time to Party – Attarintiki Daredi (Pawan Kalyan, Samantha, Hamsa Nandini) Hetal Nagaraj. Duet. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nenjinile Nenjinile, Dil Se. (1998-Shahrukh Khan, Preety Zinta). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jiya Jale, Dil Se (1998-Shahrukh Khan, Preety Zinta). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chale Jaise Hawaien, Main Hoon Na (2004-Shahrukh Khan, Sushmita Sen). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Carrollton-Texas, Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sasural Genda Phool, Delhi 6 (Dance India Dance). Remix-Shakti Mohan-Youtube Version (Public). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Carrollton-Texas.
- Bollywood Medley-Manwa Laage – Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas, Highland Village-Texas.
- Ni Maen Nacha – Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas, Highland Village-Texas.
- Bollywood-SemiClassical(Kathak): Kehna Hi Kya(Bombay, 1995), Hetal Nagaraj. Student-Solo-Adult(Below 30 Age). Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood- Taal Medley (Taal, 1999). Hetal Nagaraj. Student-Duet. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mujhe Rang De-Thakshak (1999-Ajay Devgan, Tabu). Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Adults Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jai Ho-SlumDog Millionaire (Remix 2009). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sa Ni Dha Pa, Colonial Cousins(1996) by Lezz (Leslie Lewis) and Hariharan. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas, Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pretty Woman, Kal Ho Na Ho. (2003-Shahrukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Preity Zinta). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Barso Re Megha Barso, Guru (2007-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas, Adults.
- Bollywood-Pari Hoon Main, Album-Dhuan(1990) by Suneeta Rao. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aika Dajiba, Album-Aika Dajiba(2002) by Vaishali Samant(Ishita Arun and Milind Gunaji) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tunak Tunak Tun, Album-Tunak Tunak Tun(1998), by Daler Mehndi. Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisvile-Texas, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pallo Latke, Naukar(1979-Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sau Tarah Ke, Dishoom(2016-John Abraham, Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline Fernandez). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Badtameez Dil, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013-Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students.
- Bollywood-Morni Baga Ma Bole, Lamhe(1991-Sridevi, Anil Kapoor). Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Students. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Morni Baga Ma Bole, Lamhe (1991-Sridevi, Anil Kapoor). Hetal Nagaraj Solo. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sadi Gali, Tanu Weds Manu (2011-Ft. Kangna Ranaut R Madhavan). Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas, Irving/Las Colinas-Texas.
- Barso Re Megha Barso, Guru (2007-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan). Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Gana Baja De, by Hey Bro, Sunidhi Chauhan, Feat. Ali Zafar, Ganesh Acharya. (2014) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. 2:00 Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-U-n-I (Mere Dil Vich Hum Tum) (Saif Ali Khan,Rani Mukerji). Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas, Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha Nachegi, Tevar(2014-Sonakshi Sinha, Manoj Bajpayee). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas,
- Bollywood-Aaj Radha Ko Shyam, Chand Ka Tukda- (1994-Sridevi, Salman Khan). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha Nachegi(Tevar-2014). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Southlake-Texas.
- Radha Ko Shyam(Chaand Ka Tudka-1994). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Kala Chashma, Baar Baar Dekho (2016-Sidharth M, Katrina K). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha On The Dance Floor – Student of the Year (2012-Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas. Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu)-Down Down, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Hassan, S.S Thaman). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu)-Down Down, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Hassan, S.S. Thaman). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Boys and Girls. Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu)-Down Down, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Hassan, S.S. Thaman). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Boys and Girls. Irving-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Sweety Song, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Haasan, Saloni, Prakash Raj) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood Medley-Race Gurram Medley. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Boys and Girls, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood Medley-Race Gurram Medley. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Girls. Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood (Telugu Cinema) Bharatha Vedamuga, Pournami(2006-Prabhas, Trisha) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults-Lewisville, Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema) Vaana Chinukulu, – Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu, (2013-Mahesh Babu, Venkatesh, Samantha, Anjali-SVSC) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults, Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema) Banthi Poola Janaki, Baadshah(2013-Jr.NTR, Kajal Aggarwal). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults-Lewisville, Texas.
- Bollywood-Ek Pal Ka Jeena(Copy That Exact)KAHO NA PYAR HAI(2000-Hrithik Roshan, Amisha Patel). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Las Colinas, Texas.
- Bollywood-Maye Ne Maye, Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994-Salman Khan, Madhuri Dixit), Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Om Ganeshai Namah-Remix Album(Unknown) – Hetal Nagaraj. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood Style-classical Bharatnatyam-Deep Poojanam-Shlokas/Private Album(Morning Prayers)-Hetal Nagaraj. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dumpling Warrior Remix -Hetal Nagaraj. Tap Choreography-Nirja Setty. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaj Blue Hai Paani Paani.( Private-Album Yoyo Honey Singh)-Coppell-Texas. Adults-Students. Baby-Shower Party Workshop.
- Bollywood-Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar, Remix-by Raghav(2004). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas, Lewisville-Texas. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dil Ne Dil Ko Pukaara, Kaho Na Pyar Hai (2000-Hritik Roshan, Amisha Patel). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-All Boys. Lewisville-Texas. Keller-Texas.
- Bollywood-Marathi/Hindi-Apsara (Abhishek Salve)- Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Duet. Keller-Texas. Marathi Dances.
- Bollywood-BreakFree Remix – Adults-Solo, (Krazzy 4, 2008) 2:40. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaja Nachle, Aaja Nachle(2007-Madhuri Dixit, Konkona Sen, Kunal Kapoor, Akshaye Khanna). Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nagada Sang Dhol, Ram Leela (2013-Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nagada Sang Dhol Remix w/added beats, Ram-Leela (2013-Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Koi Ladki Hai Jab, Dil To Pagal Hai(1997-Shahrukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Karishma Kapoor). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas, Carrollton-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mangalam Ganesham.(Dev, 2004 ) Duet-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mangalam Ganesham. Solo-Student. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Come & Get It Remix. Album – Come And Get it by Selena Gomez (2013). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chhaliya – Tashan (2008-Kareena Kapoor, Akshay Kumar). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Senorita – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara(2011). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas,
- Bollywood-Senorita – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara(2011). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults-Coppell/Texas.
- Bollywood-Gallan Goodiyaan, Dil Dhadakne Do (2015-Anil Kapoor, Shefali Shah, Priyanka Chopra, Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma). Duet-Students.
- Copy That On Request-Touch Dance Studio Choreographed by Nischal Rana (Public Video on Youtube-Go Check Them Out). Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan, Roy-Meet Bros Anjjan, Kanika Kapoor(2015). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. (4-8) Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Deewangi Deewangi, Om Shanti Om (2011-Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Deewangi Deewangi, Om Shanti Om((2011-Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone) Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Student. Frisco-Texas.
- IndiaWale Medley. Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Student. Frisco-Texas. Group-Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Ho Jayegi Balle, Album-Bhangra King (2014) Daler Mehdi By Daler Mehdi. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dardi Rab Rab, Album-Bhangra King (2014)Daler Mehdi By Daler Mehdi. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Maye Ne Maye, Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994-Salman Khan, Madhuri Dixit), Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Badtameez Dil, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013-Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Couples-Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Khuda Jaane, Bachna Ae Haseeno. (2008-Ranbir Kapoor,Deepika Padukone) Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Teri Ore, Singh Is King (2008-Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif). Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chaliya(Tashan, 2008), Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tum Agar Saamne, Raaz (2002-Dino Morea, Bipasha Basu). Duet. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood Bhangra-Daler Mehdi Medley – Dardi, Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas,
- Bollywood Bhangra – Balle Ball, Plano-Texas,
- Bollywood Bhangra – Tunak. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Attarintiki Daredi, It’s Time To Party (2013-Pawan Kalyan, Samantha, Hamsa Nandini) Hetal Nagaraj. Couple-Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan, Roy-Meet Bros Anjjan, Kanika Kapoor (2015). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. (9 to 11). Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Ohoho Ammayi Song, Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu(2013-Mahesh Babu, Samantha-SVSC). Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Heer, Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012-Shah Rukh Khan,Katrina Kaif,Gulzar) Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Grapevine-Texas.
- Bollywood-Heer, Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012-Shah Rukh Khan,Katrina Kaif,Gulzar) Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Euless-Texas.
- Bollywood- Laage, Happy New Year (2015) Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students-Kids. 2:55. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Manwa Laage (4 Mins), Happy New Year (2015) Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students-Adults. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Medley-Aika Dajiba, Colonial Cousins, Jai Ho. Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Mansi Chauhan. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Sivuni Aana, Bahubali (2015-Prabhas, Rana, Anushka, Tamannaah). Group. Lewisville-Texas.
- 1st Place with the best dress, best choreography, graceful theme, best-makeup Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Choreographer-Mansi Chauhan. Competition Work-Hetal Nagaraj. Solo.
- Hindi Bahubali, Kaun Hai Voh, Group and Solo-Students. Tantex-Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas, Irving-Texas.
- Tamil Bahubali, Siva Sivaya Potri. Group and Solo-Students. Hetal Nagaraj, Asst. Mansi Chauhan.
- Bollywood-Thug Le, Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl (2011-Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma). Mansi Chauhan. Asst. Hetal Nagaraj. Group and Solo-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaja Nachle, Aaja Nachle(Remix-2011). Mansi Chauhan. (Auditions-Selected). Solo. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-India Wale, Happy New Year (2015) Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Woh Kishna Hai, Kisna(2005-Vivek Oberoi, Antonia Bernath, Isha Sharvani, Amrish Puri). Mansi Chauhan. Solo. Iskon Temple, Dallas-Texas.
- Bollywood-Thug Le-Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl(Remix-Own). Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mujhe Rang De-Thakshak (1999-Ajay Devgan, Tabu). Deepthi Chandrasekaran, Hetal Nagaraj. Group Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nimbooda-Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999-Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan). Mansi Chauhan, Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nimbooda-Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999-Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan). Mansi Chauhan. Asst. Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Woh Kisna Hai-Kisna (2005-Vivek Oberoi, Antonia Bernath, Isha Sharvani, Amrish Puri). Deepthi Chandrasekaran. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chhalka Chhalka Re, Saathiya. (2002-Rani Mukherjee, Vivek Oberoi). Hetal Nagaraj, Asst.Deepthi Chandrasekeran. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood Lavani -Pinga, Bajirao Mastani (2015-Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra). Mansi Chauhan, Asst. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Shiv Tandav-Album- Uma Mohan Ji & Times Music (Unknown} Hetal Nagaraj. Age 6 to 10. Intermediate. Frisco West-Texas.
- Bollywood-Shiv Tandav-Album-Uma Mohan Ji & Times Music, Hetal Nagaraj. Age 6 to 9. Pre-Competition. (Unknown}. Frisco East-Texas.
- Bollywood- Shankarji Mix from Television Series – Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood- Shankarji Mix from Television Series – Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood Ranveer Singh Medley-Tune Maari Entriyaan-Gunday (2013)+Jigar Da Tukda(2011) Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jug Ghumaya(Sultan-2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Southlake-Texas.
- O Re Piya(Aaja Nachle-2007 – Hetal Nagaraj. Southlake-Texas.
- Kaala Chashma(Baar Baar Dekho-2016)– Hetal Nagaraj. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jai Ganesha Deva, AgniPath(2012) – Group-Students. Hetal Nagaraj. Las-Colinas, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jai Ganesha Deva, AgniPath(2012) – Solo/Auditions-Student. Hetal Nagaraj. Las Colinas-Irving, Texas.
- Bollywood-Mohenjo Daro (2016)+Boat Song (Kuttanadan Punjayile – Kerala Boat Song, Vidya Vox English Remix, 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Taal (Western Remix, Bollywood Style Classical Bharatnatyam)-Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Aduts, Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood Moorni “Balle Balle”. Southlake-Texas.
- on Request of Dholrhythms Dance Workshops, Panjabi MC. (Check them on You-tube)
- + Dus Bahane (Dus, 2005) Medley -Hetal Nagaraj.
- Bollywood-Dhunki (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, 2011) – Hetal Nagaraj. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha Nachegi(Tevar-2014) + Kaala Chashma (Baar Baar Dekho 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Medley-Nagada Sang Dhol (2013) + Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan (2015) + Radha On Dance Floor-Remix (Student of Year.2013) Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Maa Tuje Salaam (A.R. Rahman – Maa Tujhe Salaam, 1997) – Hetal Nagaraj. Solo Appearance- Mansi Chauhan. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood- Le Gayee – Dil To Pagal Hai, 1997. Hetal Nagaraj. Tap Choreography-Nirja Setty. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Ashai Mugam- ft. Vidya Vandana – Shankar Tucker. Hetal Nagaraj. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Udi Udi Jaai, Raees (Shah rukh Khan, Mahira Khan, 2017) – Hetal Nagaraj, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Apsara (Abhishek Salve) – Hetal Nagaraj, Mansi Chauhan. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dhoom Machale (Dhoom-3, 2013) – Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood- Kaala Chashma (Baar Baar Dekho 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Let’s Nacho (Kapoor & Sons, 2016), Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tamma Tamma (Remix-Badrinath Ki Dulhania) – Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Mansi Chauhan. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Manwa Laage, Happy New Year (2015). Students-Groups Adults-Deepthi Chandrasekaran. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-London Thumakda, Queen (2014). Deepthi Chandrasekaran. Groups Students-Adults. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Bholi Si Surat (Remix-Jai Matt) – Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Ashna Pethe. Choreographer: Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Cham Cham (Baaghi, 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Students-Group. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Befikre Mashup (Befikre-2016, Baaghi-2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood Lavani – Galyan Sankli Sonyachi (Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin, 1991) – Hetal Nagaraj. Solo Appearance-Mansi Chauhan. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Kehna Hi Kya+Mixup Medley, (Bombay, 1995) – Hetal Nagaraj. Student-Adult-Solo. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mohe Rang Do Laal – Mansi Chauhan, Solo. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pallo Latke (1979-Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle)-Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Students. Frisco West-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tere Naina (Chandni Chowk To China, 2014). Student-Solo, Lewisville-Texas.
- Kay Sara Sara(Pukar, 2000-Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit). Solo-Student. Lewisville-Texas
- Bollywood-Nachde Ne Saare(Baar Baar Dekho, 2016). Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaja Nachle Remix. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas,
- Bollywood-Nachenge Saari Raat Remix (Junooniyat Movie). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood (Telugu Movie Cinema) Laychalo (Ram Charan, Rakul Preet Singh). Choreography : Mansi Chauhan. Choreographer-Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Solo-Auditions. Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood (Telugu Movie Cinema) Bahubali. Kanna Nidurinchara. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood(Kana Soja Zara). Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Lewisville-Texas.
- Tamil Movie Cinema – Kanna Nee Thoongadaa. Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Bahubali. Kanna Nidurinchara. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood(Kana Soja Zara). Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Irving-Texas.
- Tamil Movie Cinema – Kanna Nee Thoongadaa. Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Irving-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Bahubali. Kanna Nidurinchara. Hetal Nagaraj. Group: Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood(Kana Soja Zara). Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Kanna Nee Thoongadaa. Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Gudillo Madhillo. Movie-DJ. Hetal Nagaraj. Bollywood Hip Hop. Irving-Texas, Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Seeti Maar. Movie-DJ. Hetal Nagaraj. Bollywood Hip Hop. Irving-Texas, Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood Hip Hop Unchi Hai Building (Judwa-2). Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas, Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Pranaamam. Movie-Janatha Garage. Hetal Nagaraj. Indian Hip Hop.
- Bollywood – Ding Dang. Movie-MunnaMichael. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Irving/Texas.
- Bollywood – 9 Se 12 Movie-Judwaa 2. Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline. Group-Plano-Irving/Texas.
- Bollywood – Chalte Chalte, Movie-Pakeezah. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville/Texas.
- Bollywood – Piya. Meena Kumari. Movie-Sahib, Biwi Aur Gulam. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville/Texas.
- Bollywood – Tumko Piya. Movie-Shikari. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewiville/Texas.
- Bollywood Bhangra Remix w/Shape of You – Hetal Nagaraj. Group – Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas, Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood Radha. Movie-Jab Harry Met Sejal. Hetal Nagaraj. Group – Irving – Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood Radha. Movie-Jab Harry Met Sejal. Hetal Nagaraj. Group – Irving – Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tamil Radha. Movie-Jab Harry Met Sejal. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving – Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood – Kar Gai Chul. Movie-Kapoor & Sons. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood – Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood – Hanuman Gun Sagar . Private Album. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas.
The pre-made MP3 files in various combinations of these songs are available with/without added beats/musics from other sources for sale for $10 for each remix with exclusive copyright to re-use without using our name in tag anywhere. The original songs are available everywhere irrespective of copyrights. Ours is performance oriented and its not original song. you can own it for your dance school or dance groups without any efforts by buying it. No edits. Take it or Leave it. Choreography not included with these files. Welcome to ask for it and it will be sold with seperate price tag depending on copyrights on it (as they are our Competition Dances). Average mixes are about 5 minutes while some up-to 10minutes.
Because At Grace And Grooves LLC, we don’t really like to repeat same songs unless requested a lot or for specific purposes even for teaching 😉 OR we make them all over again with other sets of remixes or beats or added music to it. It is FUN and that is what Bollywood/Tollywood/Indian Movie Dances ALL ABOUT. FUN……..SAFELY 😉
OH YEAH, WE ARE GOING TO TRASH THESE MIX-UPS ANYWAYS 😉
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi | Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves 2012-2017.
This material can not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission. If found being copied without permission will be sued in the court of law.
#historyneverrepeats #alwaysnew #alwaysfun #fresh #happy #fun #graceandgrooves #hetaljoshim #sowhatifitsbollywood #sowhatifitstollywood #takeitorleaveit #straightbackground #mp3files #store #noiterations #funwithcreativity #intelligencewithknowledge #knowledgeforfun #lovingit #norules
A question that has puzzled several students for years and will probably puzzle coming generations too!
Debate is if its required ? or if its not required ?
We say – IT IS NOT REQUIRED.
Coming from a background of Indian Performing Arts and first dance steps learned in Indian Folk Dances and then Bharatnatyam, language is just a part of song that expresses the mood and the story of incidents happening in the act/song.
With several Indian Folk Dances being taught one after the other with their styles, it is IMPOSSIBLE to sit and learn all the languages since one of the main criteria to differentiate most or all Indian Folk Dances would be the language itself to begin with and then techniques; later the choreography.
But does that mean that dancing anything you like or directly expressing the words of song on one particular language is called Indian Folk Dance-NOPE :).
We wished, it was that easy.
Translations of each Indian Folk Dance are very much given in all pioneer institutes that teach these authentic Indian Folk Dances (not to confuse with Bollywood/Indian Movie Music or dance moves). At Grace And Grooves, students get to understand the translations in their native language (most preferably english in USA) just like the way our teachers and guru(s) gave these in our regional languages. With practice and proper understanding of each mood and lyrics, each dance is thus easier to incorporate in dances & students. It brings out the moods, expressions & lyrics of the song as & when required. Our audiences are able to understand what song means with the dance being a medium 🙂 This includes Bharatnatyam. That Is How We Got Our Name 🙂
Not to confuse with happy-smiling face all the time (That is not following Navarasa given the fact that Indian Folk Dance May Not Follow Natya Shashtra!) Read below why…Navarasa does not tell you to smile all the time!
For those who understand language during the performances, it will NOT look beautiful because your face, gestures and mood is telling a wrong story than what song says. It will look awkward and weird. Not Beautiful. Nobody cares for those who don’t understand language and would wonder what it is!
Is this is evolution of dance ? Nope. Neither it is accepting modernization. It is not creativity & it does not showcase any culture either! It is not fusion either. But is that a solution for those who don’t understand language? NOPE.
Remove the word-Indian from it, Remove the word-Folk from it in that case :). You can remove the word-dance from it if you know language(LOL). Because yeah, by all means you can move your body the way you want on any music you want. No rules without any restriction is just creative movements. And we wonder what is so creative, if you are showing exactly what song describes and it does not relate to the song..We could add salt to our tea/coffees…let’s assume, nobody would care to notice!
Bharatnatyam is no different when it comes to breaking chains of language. Techniques have no connections with languages and we wished it was true for all Indian Folk Dances.
Although most krithis and keertanas were composed in Tamil for Bharatnatyam with its birth & re-birth in Tamilnadu, the art-form has travelled through out India & outside, gaining popularity in North India. Though if you see the jatis & adavu sets do not have any language except pure Carnatic/Classical notes (no song associated with it). Several other compositions from other renowned regional poets were added to the list of dances esp. for Abhinaya as it travelled across the states. Some of which includes inspirations from Indian Folk Dance poets too where the entire song/lyrics were RECOMPOSED to Classical/Carnatic form with ragam and talam to welcome the art-form. But dance remained same! To make it competitive, some institutes added more margams, permutations and combinations of jatis & adavu sets to its choreography. Terminology w/pronunciations, teaching methods changes depending on teacher.
Why this evolution ?
Because teaching Tamil was not possible for everybody as they travelled to different states and taught the dance form. Sitting and learning Tamil was NOT possible for each student when dance was just an activity to incorporate traditional classical culture in life. So translations were given word by word with meaning and the story or act of each composition.
Then…………..Why so much emphasis on learning language then ??
Learning a new language has not hurt anybody so a-lot of students have learned the language to make it easier to incorporate other compositions that were not taught by their teachers directly gave more possibilities to achieve in the art-form. It is beautiful practice to train your mind to learn new language anyways and there is nothing wrong if you learn it or if you don’t. For some students who have taken their degrees in Sanskrit and any of such rich mother languages, all languages pretty much connects to them. Roots of most languages have been same with no evolution theories to it.
Indian Folk Dances though travelled did not leave their regional language in most cases. Though the variations and styles were created within a specific Indian Folk Dance Form to make it welcoming for new generations. Fundamental techniques are constant irrespective of language in both; Bharatnatyam And Indian Folk Dances. Indian Folk Dances Forms have shorter compositions and non-carnatic music in most or all cases than average Bharatnatyam or any classical dance and so it is easier to learn it without recomposing the work in regional language. Besides, it is easy to learn translations of whole song than to go bonkers over learning a language for just one time 3-4 minute of dance work. And for Indian Folk Dances, language changes drastically for each folk dance form with NO absolute resemblance of technique or anything.
Bollywood as we talk about is NO different when it comes to breaking the language standards. Bollywood got its name from Bombay Studios-thats in Mumbai. Mumbai is in Maharashtra-India. Mumbai has regional language of Marathi. Bollywood is NOT IN MARATHI :).
As the theater dramas advanced to movies & gained popularity, the Bombay Studios adopted National Language of India-Hindi to give honors to India and various talents from all over India were invited to be part of showing their talents and skills on the big screen. Sort of like a pre-recorded theater drama where in all the set-backs and mistakes of live performances were deleted!
It did not end there, Marathi theaters continued and several other regions of India (which are now states) had their own theaters that advanced to movies in their regional languages. So now we have different names for Tollywood-Telugu Indian Cinema as it is known, Kollywood and several smaller names that are barely used. But Bollywood and Tollywood gained its big name because of variety and entertainment level that it had to offer on such a broad spectrum, all over the world. From some of the most famous Classical Dancers, Indian folk dancers, Music, Cultures to pretty much any talent you can think of is all showcased. Therefore, even in Bollywood that has principle language as Hindi, it is not only Hindi but has flares of various accents of other languages depending on story!
From Aika Dajiba (marathi song but inspired from folk song), Neele Neele Ambar (in Hindi), Nagada Sang Dhol Baaje(Gujarati remix from folk song), famous songs of Rabindranath Tagore (mostly in bengoli), telugu remixes and tamil remixes, bhagra & Rajasthani examples(unlimited songs!) to any religion dances that you can think of. All of these hit the charts again and again with its several variations of song recomposed with several remixes and today we have Shape of you that is actually a Non-Indian Song & thats the part of several Bollywood remixes! Tollywood has main language as telugu but it has remix of English, Hindi, Urdu and lot of other languages and cultures showcased just as well.
Main goal & audiences of Bollywood/Tollywood/Indian Cinema Dances is only entertainment with some culture to be called as Indian at least in the entire movie of 2-3 hours. In Tollywood, it is usually showing off the South Indian flare & some other languages as dialogues or accents to be specific but that does not mean Bollywood is specifically for North Indians (LOL). And it does not mean in Tollywood, they don’t wear western clothes 🙂
That is why indian movie dances do not have dance form or specific style of its own.
There, we eliminated your need of sitting and learning ALL the languages for learning Indian Folk Dances, Bharatnatyam Or Bollywood/Tollywood/Indian Movie Dances.
One more less work to take care of. Isn’t life that simple ?
This is why Grace And Grooves is different. It is called serving to knowledge 🙂
Exclusive Copyrights By Hetal Nagaraj for Reach Mediaa | Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2018.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Post Updated : April 15, 2018.
Recital 2018 concept and theme was decided in 2016 by Hetal Nagaraj.
The students in beginning of 2017 were actually taught dances like-wise throughout the year covering just the basics staying in their own category.
The whole idea got the shape in October 2017 when a rough playlist was made. A couple of these dances were also showcased in some of local talent competitions (September-October 2017), Diwali Mela(s)-(November 2017) at various places and other local festival stages. And a few of these had already won the awards too such as Pushpanjali, Madhurashtakam (Practice video-Selected for finals).
With all the influences of Non.Indian Culture in our Indian Dances, Dramas and thus our lives, we thought of showing how a life of our next generations that are brought up here. As it says, A=American, B=Born, C=Confused, D=Desis. But for our students of Grace And Grooves, C stands for CULTURED DESI, CLEAR FUNDAMENTALS, AND CRYSTAL CUT Diamond like TALENTS. Talents that can’t be beaten, Talents that can’t be judged with shallow mark-ups or untrained eyes and Talents that can’t be shadowed.
Grace And Grooves is an Indian Dance School where students know difference between Bollywood And Indian Folk Dances, Bollywood And Bharatnatyam, Bharatnatyam and Indian Folk, Semi-Classical And Bharatnatyam too!
So the recital program 2018 of Grace And Grooves had Pure Bharatnatyam that showcased the richness of Indian Classical Dances to Fun Indian Folk, Fusion Folk, Movie Types Semi-Classical Dances infused with & without Desi-HipHop to real semi-classical dances, Bollywood Modern-Contemporary Desi-HipHop Fusions and Folk And the dance dramas inspired from movies such as Bahubali, Veer Zaara & many more.
Grace And Grooves successfully completed NAVARASA as per Natya Shashtra Guidelines in Bharatnatyam, Indian Folk Dances And Bollywood/Movie Dances in 2017-2018 year. All the dances are directed or choreographed exclusively by Hetal Nagaraj unless otherwise mentioned. Our Company Choreographers contributed with dances on Ramta Jogi by Mansi Chauhan and Ganesh Kavtuvam by Buvuneshwari Murugan.
We cannot forget Indian Movies that teaches us to dream big and live-happily ever after within our cultural boundaries—no matter where we go. Thus, our Special Feature of the evening & 90s Tribute was An Exclusive Tribute to Shahrukh Khan of Bollywood – SRK as we know him. It showcased non-stop 11 mins of SRK’s movie dances by around 20+ students and special appearances from Raghu K and Pavithra K. Videos will be shortly available.
Very first time in our recital, we had Guest Choreographers with Rang Barse-Holi Remix Tribute by Ritu Kharbanda and Bollywood Garba on Nagada Sang Dhol Baaje By Mishu Shashtri. Our Guest-Artist this time was a young artist – Arjun Iyer, Age 11 who played various notes starting from National Anthem of USA with music to notable Tamil Songs on Keyboard-Piano and Clarinet. Guest choreographer Ritu Kharbanda contributed with song of Om Shanti Om to our SRK non.stop dance extravaganza as her contribution to salute our King Khan with Harshita and Gargi.
All students, choreographers were acknowledged with participating medals and certificates during the show and later-during the classes. Below are the all the pictures, Enjoy And Don’t forget to sign up for our lessons : www.graceandgrooves.com
Phone : 972 979 2559
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/GraceAndGrooves
Twitter : https://twitter.com/GraceAndGrooves
Golden Era of Movies in various Languages : 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s From Semi-Classical Mujras To Desi Hip Hop Infused with various Indian Folk Dances.Concept,Choreography, Choreographer, Direction by Hetal Nagaraj.
Special Thanks To Arjun Iyer, Mishu Shastri, Ritu Kharbanda for their wonderful participation in Recital 2018, A Fusion Life of ABCD.
Special Thanks To :
Kedar Golvelkar For Music on Guitar (Ankhon Mein Teri),
Bhagwat Pandya For Sound Services
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi Nagaraj| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2018.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Post Updated : March 15, 2018.
Ballet = 50$ for 4 classes, Tap = 50$ for 4 classes, Jazz = 50$ for 4 classes….All of them $50 and above with registration fees(starts from $25), costume fees($30 & up), and recital fees($30 and up). We could go on and on.
Why so many charges. We can name it as American Dances and just sell it all together ?Yes-by all means. If you could do Indian Dances as all in one package as nobody cares; you could just as well do all in one package for American Dances-why would anybody care.
Why discrimination of names. Who cares ?
If answer is NO then why is that Bharatnatyam, Bollywood and Indian Folk Dances are tagged just as “Indian Dances” and are sold in 1 package. Why is it that Indian Dances are so under valued? To an artist who knows what it means to teach those with just the basics, yes-there is discrimination there. Ballet is a dance form just like Bharatnatyam or any Indian Classical Dance is. Indian Folk Dance is a dance-form just like Tap which has styles in variations and they all vary by region, culture and countries too! Or yes, we could have one Folk Dance or Just dance for all countries-How Beautiful It Would Be. But, It Is Not Possible. Let’s do more on that…Let’s be flexible with costumes and clothing…Fashion, Trend, we could on and onn..oh yeah, let’s just not follow the rules-Right!
Here’s a request. Do you have to wear ballet clothes to learn the dance ? Why ? I could wear leggings and just go there. Nobody cares. But yes, as an artist, I will care because to get into the form especially when you are in training—-it is absolutely important that you get used to its attire and all that is required. Why ? To handle the stress of entire required clothing as basics. It is environment that you are giving your body to train with all that physical work going on while dancing.
So why is it that, it is stressful for you as an Indian to reinforce Indian values and not ask your kids to wear Indian dresses and go to any of the Indian Dance Classes but you are absolutely fine having them wear those tight stockings of ballet with a tiny skirt that shows their hip line. or have them wear sports shoes in PE. Well-we would love to see somebody wear heels and play soccer :)..Rules are to keep your body safe.
Are you telling me that learning Ballet is important. Ballet that does not have any correlation to Indian Culture but is importantly forced to child that is brought up in America ? For ? Whom are you pleasing ? Where are the roots ? Where is the culture ?
So why are the Indian Dances so under valued from their selling points, names, rules, costumes and I could go on and on? Every other person in the end of the street wants to teach Bollywood Dances. Agree. Its fun. But do you understand the complexities that comes with it without having fundamentals of body dynamics and lot of other factors that affect dancer’s life in later years and if it is safe for child ? Even if it is for FUN.
Would you give your child to somebody who just likes doing it without the knowing how it actually works in doing it. We can have doctors likewise-why do you need a 5-8 year degree to study medicines. Google helps these days-doesn’t it. Think about savings for you-no insurance, no obligations of going annual visits and we could go on and on….!!
Why are Indian Dances so under-valued ? Is it that we as Indians don’t value it ? Or is it that being on Non-Indian land, we are taught to live a compromised life of under-valuing every single thing that is attached to our Indian culture. To do what ? To embrace values that does not teach my own culture and to leave your own values ? Creativity is such a beautiful thing-Why ruin it at the cost of children and doing it all wrong. Can’t we keep it beautiful, graceful like the way it should be ? What good it does to your child ? Think! It only leaves your child totally confused in future. ABCD : American Born Confused Desi !! Yep…But at Grace And Grooves, ABCD stands for American Born Cultured Desis. A Desi who is very very clear about every single thing that they do from dances, costumes, makeup and we could go on and on.
Here at Grace And Grooves, we reinforce the values and Indian culture by means of Indian Folk Dances, Bollywood And Bharatnatyam just the way its supposed to be done with fundamentals as our basic goals to practice safety. Creativity automatically follows with training. We know how it works as our founding member, Ms. Hetal Nagaraj did it all her life ever-since age 4 step by step, one at a time and still she is able to switch between genres of any Indian Dance Forms without any mistakes, even by a mistake. It is the training only! Training teaches you to be in discipline of your own dance form or style and you will deliver exactly whats required. It is like learning 1+1=2 and the answer is same, no matter what time of day you wakeup to! And so we follow the same. You can only imagine how long the journey was for Ms. Hetal Nagaraj to reach at this level. The comfort level of each dance is taught in a very beautiful way just the way our founding member has learned while balancing her life. This is exclusively done in particular methodology combined with knowledge of training, sportsmanship and psychology so that your child is NOT confuse about what they are doing and delivers it safely. Somebody who has done this by balancing her life in place like India where being a girl itself means responsibility and in that, think about how early it was for her when she had a bed-ridden mother for over a decade & was brought-up by people around her, most importantly-a man/her dad. All of this experience with a masters degree in her own mainstream education, national level sports qualifications and several other list of professional certifications. None of it was possible without training!
We at Grace And Grooves feel blessed of parting all of this knowledge to our students for any dance forms/styles/types/categories that we teach. We love how we do it, we love what we do and we absolutely love when we see our students as AMERICAN BORN CULTURED DESIS.
We love to teach students of Grace And Grooves who know how to draw a fine line of NOT GETTING CONFUSED and still embrace all the fun, trend-fashion etc that comes with practical life on American lands. A musical presented by students of Grace And Grooves LLC on A FUSION LIFE OF ABCD, where our ABCD stands for American Born Cultured Desi. This program is on March 4, 2018 at Plano Courtyard Theatre, Plano and it features Mainstream Traditional Bharatnatyam in several languages, Indian Folk Dances, Bollywood/Tollywood/Indian Movie Dances in several languages, Fusion Dances and Creative Dances(that don’t belong to any categories/forms or styles). Come and see yourself – Difference!
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media. Written by Reach Media in participation with Hetal Nagaraj for Community Knowledge and Welfare| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves 2012-2017 | Mirchi Dance Academy | Nruthyakala Dance Academy. This material cannot be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
CALL NOW to schedule your class 972 979 2559 OR just schedule it at : http://www.graceandgrooves.com. Email : Info@graceandgrooves.com
BHARATANATYAM, INDIAN FOLK DANCES OR BOLLYWOOD…..Trained, Not Trained : How does it matter ?
Story is all the same….So what’s the difference ? Just read and understand. It is for your child – not for me 🙂
Over the past several years we have come across plenty of untrained dancers/teachers. We needed help too for private groups as our assistants and thus we had an opportunity to get this straight! My job was to not allow them to do those mistakes if they worked under me so they were strictly supervised. Some made it to choreographer’s list while others’ couldn’t because they choose to do it wrong. Thought it will be wonderful way to educate our community to understand what is right and what is wrong—and most importantly-why…..!
How does it matter ? Why not ? Dance — that’s why ? Why don’t you care about HOW your child spends 1 hour/a week for learning to move his body? That’s 4 hours a month we are talking about, a minimum!
Dance is subtle type of sport because all the body movements are cleverly put together to give a good work-out adding nothing but grace and beautiful tone to your body. Ever wondered how some dancers may not have a perfectly toned body but still are able to dance so beautifully and freely? Dance teaches their body likewise. But otherwise, an average person can burn about 100-400 calories in an hour depending on age, dance level, style or form or just be free dances; this without injuring yourself if you do it right. So, why would you NOT consider being taught safely ?
What has safety to do with Indian dances, go ahead…get the read! Here’s major differences I saw amongst 2 different types of teachers around us, irrespective of their work with us.
Trained Dancers/Teachers :
- Trained teachers will teach your child safety-FIRST so that they can dance all their life.
- Trained teachers know practice routine protocols.
- Trained teachers will know in and out of forms, styles and variations or will make efforts to educate themselves even for creative dances.
- Bollywood, Tollywood, Movie Dances, Creative Folk etc. are all creative dances and do not rule out a style or form.
- Do not mistake these as Indian Folk Dances or any means of representation for specific culture or community.
- Trained teachers will never allow their students to go out of form or style in designated dance category.
- Trained teachers will spark your creativity, challenge you and still NOT allow you to get lost in the name of creativity. A fine-line on when you should stop being creative or well–just change the category and name it something else.
- Trained teachers will never allow your child to take a leap when they are not ready.
- Trained teachers will stick to techniques, rules of the art-forms, styles and thus will follow the protocol of teaching right stuff at right time and this will automatically increase the quality of dance with least work. No dance was ever-made to ruin the fun of it or harm anybody.
- Do not mistake curriculum or concepts with fundamentals!
- Trained teachers are often taught performance techniques, stage presence, personality and many such performance attributes as most Indian Performing Arts follow vedas and shastras as their rule book or for inspirations. Amazed to know that our vedas and shastras have these ? YES-they do!
- For the forms and styles that do not follow these scriptures, books or such guidelines-these have NOW matured to a decent level of basic rules to be met to be recognized as that form/style with or without variation and thus given that name!
- Trained teacher’s imagination, motivation, inspirations and decisions are self-driven and will not depend on any factors (irrespective of dirty politics in the name of serving any organization). This includes from opening dance school to providing different services and all the choreography works. All of this is geared automatically from knowledge, years of training and self-made set-goals.
- Other than putting their own practice hours to their respective art-form/style or creative dance, you will not find trained dancers/teachers struggling to do a choreography. They know exactly what they are doing as it is their way of life.
- Trained teachers will not experiment on your child without knowing the setbacks of the choreography for any complex movements.
- Nobody ever likes it when training begins but when trained-they are in love with it & will probably never completely leave it and will be proud of those achievements.
It is not everybody’s cup of tea to stay committed in Indian Performing Arts.
Untrained Dancers/Teachers :
Untrained teachers are often those who love doing it and have no idea most of the times what they do in the name of forms or styles that they claim to do.
- They often get lost in the name of creativity!
- Some experiments are good (not beautiful);some are god knows what!
- Some are pure acrobats, poses or formations and in that—dance is forgotten 🙂
- Untrained teachers will challenge your kids without safety measures.
- RESULT : By the time child reaches their teens or are in 20s-broken necks, bad hips, fundamental mistakes for not doing it in right form/style while practicing the form/styles and that will injure them in later life, wrong body movements leading to serious sprains n leg-pains/ankle pains in later life (mostly for women after marriage or kids), injured interests and certain negativity towards certain dances–all of this resulting into total chaos in their brain about the dances they learned. I come across these fresh college graduates often in various dance competitions where I judge and upon hearing, I feel horrible for them that they have so many physical injuries at such young age and all of them because of dance! Some learned it hard way-how sad.
- And coming back to these untrained teachers, you have one more generation of students who were trained and god knows in what and how ? And they have no idea of what they are doing – Do you want to stop encouraging it, NOW?
- Untrained teachers often rely on online resources as shared knowledge & whatever they can grasp from wherever possible and thus their own knowledge is often shallow. They do not exhibit techniques in their dances.
- I had once a discussion. I was left amazed. Everybody is attracted to beauty-it comes with sacrifices(training). Dance—-Beauty is not by looks-it is by skills. If you are stressing hard on rule 1 of dance to have a beautiful face——-Go, walk the ramp!
- Most of dance make-up is inspired from looks described in relevant dance-characters, obviously being beautiful counts to some level but don’t rule that as first rule of being dancer!
- If you don’t have daughter who is not very beautiful–you would just put her off the dance? really ?
- Even the most beautiful skin color has to put the bharatnatyam makeup onn to respect it. And if you have small or big beautiful eyes–you still have to put those additional eye-liners to give dramatic effects on ur face. They all look the same when dressed up !
- Go visit Kalakshetra Institute of Performing Arts of Rukmani Devi where Bharatnatyam was re-born (Chennai-Tamilnadu, India) and you will see how the basic level of talent will kick your pretty skin color out of your body.
- You will not even blink once looking at the discipline in simple sets of dance sequences.
- Everything is just okay to these untrained teachers in the name of dance even when dance form/style will not give “okay” for it to be in same name. Wait, what ? Role models to kids ? Right!!
- This point had me nuts. I came across an untrained teacher who has this really inappropriate dressing sense on stage for students with respect to their skin color and then the lady mocks them before parents for looking hideous in those dresses. Is this a role model to kids and you are a dance teacher mocking your own kids ? right!
- Untrained teacher don’t do human errors but they do repeated blunders in almost every performances as in fundamentals. At times, these are often not related to any means to form or style. Role model to kids ?
Must include-these are not beautiful blunders but their disastrous mistakes do not represent the dance forms or styles that claim to be so. Our students do those beautiful blunders too but in their own form or styles(LOL).
- Ever wondered-why we NEVER end up making a mistake of stepping out of our form or style? Training….!! Nobody is perfect but come-on, you can’t get an equation right if the formula used is ALL wrong! Role Model to kids ??
- Untrained teachers request to seek private lessons from the child for the sake of putting up their work irrespective of what they are doing. At times, it doesn’t even fall into any category. Where is learning part ?
- These untrained teachers are confused about what they are doing esp. in Indian Folk Dances, and Indian Classical Dances(Bharatnatyam). They often relate to dance as mode of entertainment when today Indian Performing Arts has come to whole different level with enough set of rules to seperate each form, style with or without variation. Audiences were much mature back then as well and so they are now!
- Untrained teachers don’t get things done with techniques and appropriate ways and thus result of class – lame/lousy performances that don’t even show form/style of dance(forget about everything else), Yelling and getting mad at child, shouting, bitching about child, spreading dirty talks of child, asking ur child to shut their mouth when child is expressing pain or something related to dance steps being taught. Role model to kids?? Right…!
- Over-competitive for everything and then loose it. Oh yeah-blame it on kids, their moods, their personal life issues, blaming on parents forcing dance(activities) on kids and we can go on and on!
- Our 2 cents to these kind of untrained teachers—if your life is disturbing you so much then why teach dance and deal with kids & later blame their parents and kids?
- Lack of knowledge or training will put you in such awkward situations that you just can’t handle the pressures of your own field…! Role Model To kids ?? Right.
- These untrained teachers want to do everything that others’ do if by any chance they come across them doing them….Blind cow ?
- Our question to these untrained teachers : Don’t do it if you can’t handle it. Just don’t do it wrong. You are hurting innocents.
Whom do you want to trust your child ? Whom do you want your child to follow as role-model ? Choice is ALL yours.
YOU HAVE ONE UNIQUE CHILD THAT IS YOURS & your child has one body, one life.
IF YOU ARE GIVING YOUR CHILD A GLASS OF MILK AND CALLING IT AS GLASS OF MILK
MAKE SURE YOU PROVIDE YOUR CHILD Right DANCE EDUCATION;
IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT that DANCE !
Oh yeah, don’t get me started on adding chocolate to the milk…I can easily eat that with hot jalebi and Mirchi as a side! I love my life. I can have Dussehra-everyday if that’s when you would prefer to eat this and my family is going to be perfectly fine with it…It is called freedom but I like to keep myself healthy. And it is called responsibility.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media. Written by Hetal Joshi for Community Knowledge and Welfare| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves 2012-2017 | Mirchi Dance Academy | Nruthyakala Dance Academy. This material cannot be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
CALL NOW to schedule your class . 972 979 2559. Info@graceandgrooves.com
Grace And Grooves – Student Of The Year
This section of Blog is exclusively dedicated to all our students’ achievements with Grace And Grooves LLC. These are the students who take every opportunity to excel not only as part of team work but also as part of their individual growth and performances in their respective dance forms or types (if Bollywood-Movie Dances!). These students take regular classes just like all the other students but the only thing they do differently is identify the opportunities given to them by their teachers and make the best use of it. We also like to call them swans.
These students of Grace And Grooves are the examples of achieving balance in life, elegance, and beautiful results that you get with proper training at the right time from all the right people! There is no short-cuts to learning any dance forms/types. If you want to do it then you will do it, no matter what life throws at you! Times when they had lemons around, these students have made a lemonade and nailed it! All pictures below are subject to change if parents send us more pictures 🙂
2018-2019 : Aanya Kocchar :
- Ms. Aanya Kocchar joined Grace And Grooves as an exclusive Bharatnatyam Student in 2015 when we started teaching structured Bharatnatyam Program at Lewisville, Texas under the guru-shishya parampara with Mrs. Hetal Nagaraj exclusively.
When it comes to balancing life with education, performing arts and all the other activities that kids have to take up today just to achieve normal expectancy as per school curriculum, it has never been easy!
As per our Student of the year criteria, she has been an excellent role model to all our younger Bharatanatyam dancers who will look upon her an example going forward. Never Give Up because learning an art-form is never easy and there are NO SHORT-CUTS.
Aanya has performed with Grace And Grooves in several in-house dance productions with her exclusive Bharatnatyam Dances without forsaking fundamentals of her own art-form Bharatanatyam for all our recitals, community events as well as exclusively Hetal Nagaraj’s dance productions.
Her notable dances are Bharatnatyam Nruthyam-Gujarati Sahitya Dance Duet (Literature) and Hetal Nagaraj’s Master Degree university level work of exclusive Bharatnatyam-Pushpanjali, and Allaripu(main margam items). She continues to learn her next level in Bharatnatyam at Lewisville, Texas with Mrs. Hetal Nagaraj and is now a 5th Grader. We are so proud of you!
- She receives $200 worth of services from our partners and friend-businesses to excel in her interest in the journey of Bharatanatyam. One Step At A Time, Nice And Easy.
- Updated : Jan 11, 2019.
2017-2018 : Samarth Setty
- His first dance was a valentine dance with girl at the age of 3.5 where he showed his ability to act, dance & make people laugh/smile by showing his natural dance skills, dance etiquettes that were taught to him by his Montessori teachers. Stage presence was natural to him just like his sister.
- Our little macho man had his struggles of taking breaks in learning dance because of his birth weight, body type but he never gave up.
- From a husky body type to making his body a lean-mean fat-burning machine, he has amazed us of what he could do with proper training, discipline and diet plans that his mom prepares for him.
- His official journey of dance training in Indian Folk Dances started at the age of 6, Bharatnatyam at the age of 7, Bollywood at the age of 7 and then he never looked back! Prior to these years, he would appear on stage as side/back stage-dancer.
- Amongst all our girls, at times he is the only Krishna, Shiva, captain, our Rahul who comes to save the day for lot of our group dances even when he is not dancing for full song. At times he is not instructed of what he needs to do except for dance steps if they were to match with group..it comes out naturally to him, without training and knowledge of dance forms/styles.(Environment)
- From group dance dramas to Solo(s) in Bharatnatyam, Indian Folk Dances and Bollywood/Movie Dances, he has done it all. He has successfully performed, competed and won competitions as solo artist from 2nd place to 3rd place with only 1 hour a week of dance lessons.
- His training teachers are : Buvaneshwari Murugan & Hetal Nagaraj for Bharatnatyam, Indian Folk Dances-Hetal Nagaraj, Bollywood-Hetal Nagaraj and Mansi Chauhan. His workshops include : Intermediate-Advance Workshop with Shakti Mohan.
- He is a perfect example of perseverance, inherited natural talent, stage presence and a best example for kids who feel like giving up, only because of body-type.
- He receives photo-shoots worth $250, competition discounts and several other perks from our participating businesses.
- Updated-Feb 13, 2018.
Ashna Pethe – 2016-2017
- From recreational dancer(Age-10) to now our elite team dancer and this years’ 1st
prize winner in Non-Classical-Category(Bollywood). Lewisville-Texas. Now 13.
- Locations of Workshops, Performances & Competitions : Southlake-Texas, Irving-Texas, Dallas-Texas, Lewisville-Texas, Frisco-Texas, Plano-Texas, Carrollton-Texas.
- Ashna won A $200 gift hamper that includes a photo-shoot and a FREE professional profiling and several free perks from Grace And Grooves LLC.
- A perfect example of no short-cuts to success and yet balancing it beautifully with unbeatable graceful performances.
- She has bagged 1st place in non-classical category and has cleared several competitions in state of Texas. (Update-September 29, 2017).
- Ashna dances 1-2 hours a week Bollywood at Elite Level w/Elite Team for Grace And Grooves, paid and unpaid performances.
- She has taken advance workshops with Hetal Nagaraj, Mansi Chauhan And Shakti Mohan for Indian Folk Dances, Professional Bharatnatyam, Professional Kathak and Contemporary.
Diya Kadiyala, 2015-2016.
- First Indian Folk Dance Solo Artist under the age of 5 (under official company name Grace And Grooves other than Nirja Setty) successfully performed 3.2 minute of Indian Folk Dance. Twice!!
- Audience : 100 People. Selected/Cleared Auditions for 2 different competitions in 2015. Irving-Texas. Age 4.5. Now 6.
- Locations of Performances : Irving-Texas, Dallas-Texas, Frisco-Texas.
- You are a perfect example of following directions just as taught at such a young age that too in Indian Folk Dances.
- Diya took Free private classes(2) worth $50 during the regular classes. A Free costume rental on our elite line of costumes and a waive off on registration fees for second year. ($30).
Nirja Setty, 2014-2015.
- Winner of 6 (now 6) technique focused Indian Dance Competitions in Indian Folk Dances, Fusion and Bharatnatyam(2016).
- Nirja won Free Costumes and Jewelry from one of our friend-sponsors worth $100. Free Tickets to concert-$30.
- A girl known to challenge judges’ knowledge in competitions as compared to her age group. Irving, Lewisville-Texas. Age 9. NOW 11.
- You are a perfect example of perfect expressions/looks in Indian Performing arts-anytime a picture is taken and yet it just as graceful and beautiful. All of this with a beautiful balance in life!
- Her average competition prize money amounted to $200-$300 by 2015 in various school competitions for Bharatnatyam and Indian Folk Dances.
- Nirja regularly dances 1-hour a week in : Bharatnatyam(in 2 styles), Bollywood and Indian Folk Dances with Hetal Nagaraj and Alpana Jacob (outside Grace And Grooves LLC).
- Locations of Workshops, Performances & Competitions : Southlake-Texas, Irving-Texas, Dallas-Texas, Lewisville-Texas, Frisco-Texas, Plano-Texas, Carrollton-Texas, Allen-Texas, Coppell-Texas, Grapevine-Texas, Flowermound-Texas, Arlington-Texas.
- She has taken advance workshops with Mansi Chauhan, Hetal Nagaraj and Shakti Mohan for Professional Kathak and Contemporary. She has also danced National Level Competition Fogana 2013 w/Indu Mangrola-Sursangam Dance Company.
Srinija Burra, 2013-2014 :
- Outstanding Recreational Indian Folk Dance Artist – (Solo) Recreational Folk Program.
- Audiences from 100 to 500 People. Irving-Texas. Age 6. NOW 11.
- Srinija won Free Customized Costumes from our elite line of costumes and Free Tickets to performances worth $75.
- Won competitions with Grace And Grooves LLC as in group for Indian Folk Dances held Dallas-Texas at Coppell-Texas, Plano-Texas, Allen-Texas.
- Locations of Performances & Competitions : Southlake-Texas, Irving-Texas, Dallas-Texas, Lewisville-Texas, Frisco-Texas, Plano-Texas, Carrollton-Texas, Allen-Texas, Coppell-Texas, Grapevine-Texas, Flowermound-Texas, Arlington-Texas.
- Selected in several auditions and competitions for Solos. Selected by several media and top-notch family/event/corporate-dance and professional photographers for individual profiling/close-ups during our community performances without our telling them or informing them. She was also part of Fusion team being an avid gymnasts student. Click here :
- You are a perfect example of perfect expressions/looks anytime a picture is taken and yet it just as graceful and beautiful.
Congratulations to ALL our students of the year!
Thank you for working hard with us…
This post will be updated once a year. Our year goes from August To May.
Post Updated History : Published First on this Blog in September 25, 2017.
Pictures posted above are either past or present students of Grace and Grooves & their pictures are shared based on their exclusive photo sharing rights and approved by parents when shared/transferred to Grace And Grooves for the purpose of Grace and Grooves ONLY.
Copyright Reach Media for Grace And Grooves | Grace Creations | 2012-2019. This material cannot be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
A Note to Competition Organizers and Everybody Else :
As such we have won several competitions but we have only accounted in our bags that we have done it independently ourselves and have judges who are qualified in field of Indian Performing Arts-who know what to look for in dance forms or styles, if mentioned likewise.
- Competitions in partnership with other dance schools/teachers are NOT INCLUDED in our list.
- Competitions where voting criteria is 10/100 or more at any levels are not included in our list. You are welcome to take freelance lessons from us but we will not participate in voting.
- Judges who do not have any knowledge of dance or cannot outline the difference between simple things such as bollywood vs folk, fusion vs bollywood, and so on! If you do not know the rules of dance form then there is no point in judging.
- Participant Awards are NOT listed or considered for us-obviously and that includes students who get participant awards during competitions just for participating and not winning competitions for any runner ups awards either.
- Wins at the Competitions that misrepresented categories/competitions/malrepresentation by the organizers are NOT listed.
- Eg-Represented as Indian FOLK Competition but it was actually a Bollywood Competition and so they are NOT LISTED HERE. We have won such competitions as well.
- Only legitimate competitions are listed.
- We DO NOT teach Tap/Jazz/Ballet. Students who took part in fusion dances that included tap/jazz or ballet were trained from Ballet Academy of Texas(Coppell) and Prestige Dance Company(Lewisville-former Coppell Dance Center)for 2months+ or were already avid trained dancers or good gymnasts.
- We taught them only Indian Classical Dance(Bharatnatyam)or Indian Folk Dance and the Fusion work to go together based on what they knew.
- Some competitions are listed together as only 1 award was given for consecutive years win or in same year as prizes had material gifts/or gift cards for participants or same work received awards in 2 different places by different participants or same participants. There was only 1 ceremony for awards that happened.
- Competitions where –>
- Students are neglected, mis-treated, insulted by organizers are NOT worth of our time. We will pass their info-you are welcome to compete but keep us out of it.
- Organizers are in favor of other dance schools and allowed several re-takes to them but not to us-for no good reason are NOT worth our time. We DO NOT want children to go through that traumatic experiences.
- Students are questioned about their well-being priorities only because organizer couldn’t see the child winning in-spite of stopping the vote entries are NOT worth of your child’s time.
- Organizers that offer inappropriate stage areas, dressing room areas or unsafe dance conditions are eliminated from our list for any future participations due to SAFETY GUIDELINES concerning child’s safety. We don’t come there to dance in 5-8 steps of stage area.
- A stage or organizer who cannot respect a child’s presence while talking just about anything that they have in mind insulting kids and their parents whatsoever, esp. talking in extremely loud voice and misbehaving in front of children because you couldn’t handle pressures (while others were allowed to do same-all drama in front of child)-is not worth our attention.
Please learn your manners FIRST when you treat a child. Stop treating them like trash — this tells us about your parenting! Not our parents’.
- An organizer who is bias to us in all the privileges given to other participants will not need our attention at any given point of time.
- If you have made up your mind in not allowing us to avail the privileges then why should we make kids suffer through your misconduct and inappropriate behavior just for a trophy ?
Constructive feedbacks are very welcomed. We have come this far only because of constructive feedbacks.
All of above are NOT sarcastic humor incidents and are ruled out by experiences in recent competitions and we do not want any child to face such a traumatic experience just for a competition!
Our kids/students are very precious to us.
Other Blog Posts where such a traumatic incident happened : Read Here.
Stop blaming parents and kids for your own issues. Open Stats @Cqunce Inc.
This post was updated in May 15, 2019.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi | Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves 2012-2019.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Everybody in this world has their inspiration from somewhere or something. So do we and all our names. Just out of sky it did not come in our mind to get these names on our paper to register them as our own. With so many theories out there about names, we had to clear our own lists of all the DBA(s), Logo(s)….
Grace And Grooves LLC (2012) : This is sort of like additional information on how we got our name. As shared in link above on Grace And Grooves LLC(2012), we got our name from audiences. Topic 2 From Here.
Here’s little more to nail-biting situation we were put through for name!
We had unexpected challenges during this walk-in competition. When asked what dance company it was–we did not have a name back then. We did not know what to answer. We wondered, why was it required to put a name when organizer did not disclose such a thing before the event as a basic requirement and just took us in to compete.
Grace, poise, artistic choreography never fails to sell itself. This was compared to a youtube copied choreography that had over a million views 🙂 It had us worried for a while until we heard that we received 1st place award. We were told to give some name by the end of event and when the results are announced(if we win!) so that they can address it as we were the ONLY people there who did not have name there. They seemed to be against participants that were not registered.
An American Indian (well, married to Indian 🙂 complimented our parents and students that she did not understand language or meaning of song but choreography was so beautiful that it touched her heart.
She mentioned specifically which sequence of dance it was upon asking. The song was about relation between Meera(a devotee of lord krishna) and Lord Krishna that was well-read to audience before the song. But, the ending dance sequence when Meera looses her presence in materialistic world in Hare Krishna Dhun (chants with complete submission to the lord Krishna). This dance was performed by Nirja Setty and her school friend (name disclosed on request) in our own designed Kerala Style Tissue Pattu Pavadai. Cloth for this costume was specifically shipped from India (on request of-course) and re-stitched, re-designed for these girls in the City of Irving-Coppell,Texas USA. She said, the dance brought tears in her eyes. Our Success! After hearing compliments from this young lady, we named ourselves–Grace And Grooves when they called us on stage to receive our award-1st place. It was instant. We loved the name that we accidentally spoke out! Comments by the judges : Beautiful Choreography, Dramatic Appearances, Nicely done, Beautiful costumes/props and compliments such as how did you do such a beautiful dance choreography on this song! We always get that & happy to hear one more time 🙂 Choreographer : Hetal Nagaraj. Inspirations from her trainings.
Both students were learning Bharatnatyam with us and Indian Folk Dance(Pure) towards common goal of having them compete in a competition as duet, if the audition process goes well. And, we were waiting to hear the results. Meanwhile, we came to know of this competition and we walked right-in when we heard walk-ins are welcomed. This choreography work has won several awards in competitions, at times-back to back. Nobody gets tired of it :). We hear the same thing–how did you do it!
CALL NOW 972 979 2559 or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Creations(2013) : A name that was a direct inspiration from an Indian artistic dance company in east-coast of United States. We were in love with it the day we came across them through a friend. We were shown their you-tube videos when our friend saw Mrs.Nagaraj’s semi-classical work performed by her own self. Our other inspiration was Indian Dance School(In Georgia, USA) for their beautiful unique fusion works. Very artistically done and both of these are Bharatnatyam based Indian Dance Companies. And we started following them but with our own artistic, innovative ways and we infused lot of other styles, forms of dances as well–at times within the limits of form or style while the other times-totally off-limits. All students however were trained in their forms and styles to maintain their commitments. All our fusion choreography work often performs under the label of Grace Creations. Grace Creations will perform in later years next and is currently on vacation :).
CALL NOW 972 979 2559 or Email : email@example.com
Nruthyakala Dance Academy(2017) : The word comes from words Nruthya (or Nritya meaning dance) and Kala meaning Art. We had in mind several other names but we needed a name that goes for both the dance forms – Bharatanatyam and Indian Folk Dances(India). Main idea was to have Nruthya(Nritya meaning Dance) that is combination of Nritta and Natya – both;thus separating these two beautiful forms from all the other programs that we offer. Eventually, it may happen that Bharatnatyam and Indian Folk Dances may operate separately but until then this is it-we loved this as it best-fits our need!
CALL NOW 972 979 2559 or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mirchi Dance Academy(2017): This word was decided last year! Very well, it came from Red Chillies Entertainment (An Entertainment Company in Mumbai, India). Mirchi(meaning hot pepper/chillies) is always a must have in plate if you have roots from Kathyavaad. Coming from hybrid-gujarati family, we were born eating tasty peppers/chillies with our all-time favorite theplas, stuffed paranthas or bajri-rotlas with all the other goodies. Some habits don’t go, they say! From our food plate to our DBA name. And you thought we don’t love Bollywood :)…Yes, bring it onn. It is tasty!
Date: August 15, 2017.
Exclusively written by Hetal Nagaraj. Copyright Reach Media for Grace And Grooves | Grace Creations | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | 2012-2017. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.