Winning 1st 3 prizes for solo(s)/group(s) in Indian Dance Competitions for over a decade in our genre of specialization for non-voting Indian Dance Competitions sounds like a big thing. It actually isn’t if you follow curriculum and keep it fun. For us, it has been a norm for Bharatanatyam, Indian Folk Dances & Bollywood/Some Tollywood and from 2013-Fusion!
HOW ? We love to share how we have been winning from over a decade in all the “stage dance competitions” and how our elites have come this far with such good paid commitments.
So, here’s our HOW TO Win Indian Dance Competitions for Dummies…!
Our Fool Proof guidelines and tips for those interested.
One of main attributes in stage competitions/for all genres are : Techniques. Techniques also means right amount of expressions required at certain techniques or mood used in the dance, coordination if group, comfort level of dancers with respect to dance, stage presence and personality, choreography, costumes, makeup and drama aspect. To do it right, you have to feel it and go through it which at Grace And Grooves is a norm! Because our owner herself comes from that background of competitions from over 2 decades! Read About Ms. Hetal Nagaraj.
To begin with, what are the types of dances ?
Be it Bharatanatyam, Indian folk dances or Bollywood/Movie inspired dances; usually these dances are non-commercial dances. For bollywood or tollywood dance industry genre, there is level of dance and name of dance as well. As we all know that bollywood dances emerge from various forms or styles or certain drama attributes and thus will always have name.
However, there are certain category of dances within bollywood that do not have name because they do no follow a form or style and are purely for entertainment or let’s just say – NO RULES thus, these dances makes them commercial dances and usually gets disqualified in first round itself if you do it in-spite of rules given. Open category of competitions usually accepts these for example – most reality show competitions are based on this! That dance industry/world is entirely different than education studio. Education world competitions are to encourage the dancer to follow the rules, get finer in it and excel with feedbacks and let’s just say prepare them for higher grounds of possibilities within the form or with fusions later, if trained. Then, break the rules-it is completely dancers wish and instructor’s wish! None-the-less, our students have won these open category dance competitions with their actual dance forms itself or with fusion depending on what is allowed. Usually it will depend on judges, number of rounds in competitions and students training level in that genre. Everything goes in there…
For Bharatanatyam/Classical Dances & indian folk dances, the category is always non-commercial and standard as it is dance form. Even for entertainment, creativity is out of this world if used within the form. Most classical dances are actual dance formats/margams itself and then there are dance dramas. Not to confuse with dance musicals!
There is this entire category of exclusive Indian Folk Dances that is entirely different than the dances that are into Community stage dances/cultural dances/regional dances/bollywood inspired folk dances/ethnic dances/creative folk dances. Why ? Because of rubrics of judging and rules that go with it is entirely different for both these categories. You cannot possibly compare Folk Dances rubrics to Bollywood or with Bharatanatyam. With Bollywood having different types of techniques and some folk dances do not even have expressions as their main factor. Likewise, Bharatanatyam nritta if done will lack several attributes of nritya or natyam itself. So rubrics are often kept in % by the genre or type of entries.
Depending on competitions, they categorize fusion dances or they put them in open category. Concept of fusion dances is very simple! Some go by dance done on other music to be considered as fusion because their argument is that if dance is not danced on its actual/real music then it is not that dance. That is true but if u do not consider music at all and see the dance without music; what will you name it? That raises lot of fundamental questions. So these occurrences have been very rare in over 10 years of history that we have participated. We had 2 such competitions that we came across in entire history of 10+ years where they had that kind of rule! We got 1st place in both anyway. The only argument to this was you cannot name that dance as fusion unless 2 or more dance form or styles are used. Rest are very clear about categories & thus you’ll know it well.
Then comes the judges. First experience is always a question for you because these competitions do not tell you who the judges are and some do not specify the rubrics either but when you test waters, you’ll know! We had tested some waters — we decided not to waste time there as they were bias to one team based on their friendly relations! Then be it that way, you should call only them!
Some competitions are very transparent to names of judges and their experiences and that is fun! Last but not the least, whether or not there it is any voting. If voting then how many % is counted towards total judging points. What age group we are competing in one category/genre is also important factor for stage like dances!!
Then comes, prize money if there is one or something of that sort. Then it is motivating for students who are doing competitions regularly or something of that equivalent value. Nobody wants a 10$ trophy after spending money on hours of practices, competition fees, costumes and that just adds to a collection without a meaning!
For us at Grace And Grooves, it has been other way round. Our students have earned more, earned bigger opportunties than what they put money in! It is just boring for our students who have competed from over 10 years now to go for $10 trophies without the meaning to it. They rather spend money 50 to 60$ and do shows with us where they know they are going to get recognition, feathers to wear that they can own as skill-set, showcase as their own, perks, discounts and many more fun things to take home. A beautiful memory to take home. Budget is very important factor too!
Alas, comes the winning part after all that! Most difficult & unpredictable of all!
Just like that you do not get the wins in 1st 3 places & $$$ prizes. Here are some standard points that we have come across for rubrics in judgement & we would absolutely love to share with you:
1. Expressions 40% depending on genre. Some genres strongly requires that this element isn’t the part of dance because of restrictions on costumes, mask, type of song/pure technique competitions, or certain type of dramas. so % is then distributed.
2. Techniques 50% & % is distributed
3. Comfort level of dance & body movements-rest % divided, solo or group and as per difficulty level.
4. Coordination to music-rest % divided, if solo or group.
6. Costumes-rest % divided
7. Makeup / Dramatic effects of dance : % is divided by genre.
7. Props & usages
8. Choreography and Innovation in dance form without losing genre category—-some competitions have this highest! some have these 2 seperate.
10. Culture aspect depending on dance (if required depending on competitions since we have been to some of most difficult & strict competitions too!!!)
Sounds easy ? See you there..!!!!
Congrats to all our elites Nirja Setty, Samarth Setty, Setty Siblings, Ashna Pethe, Hetal Nagaraj, and lot of our graduates who have won them through a decade as they grew with us by balancing not only personal life but studies too.
Check out their real dances & results as they have been doing it beautifully and gracefully like cute little swans! Click Here.
Read about these budding stars : Here.
See their dance trainings at : https://www.graceandgrooves.com/our-graduates
Our Performing Teams too have won several such auditions/competitions or are called for special paid appearances : https://www.graceandgrooves.com/our-performing-team
Do not forget to sign up or subscribe our Youtube Channel Playlists. You will find lot of videos of our competition students, recreational dances, party dances, margam dances for classical dances, audition videos, our program videos, media releases & videos of different age groups starting from 3.5 to 5 years onwards to Adults 50+, and many more!!! Do not miss the Teenagers tribute of fun dances they do.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reachh Mediaa for Hetal Joshi Nagaraj| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2020.
This material can not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Celebrating all our guest artists who have performed with us in past in our journey of dance productions. These guest artist are invited to come and perform with their own work. The talent that they perform are not taught by us. These are not our students either. They have their own dance/talent academy at some place/city or have their own group that they perform. We pick their performance piece dance based on our dance production.
These Guest Artist are local or new artists who have just stepped in the world of Indian Performing Arts or have just started performing.
It is our absolute honor to introduce them to our audiences and as well work with them.
2016 : Dance of Gods : Adi-Shakti. Event : A fundraiser for CRY America showcasing Bharatanatyam, Bollywood, Indian Folk Dances. Fusion Dances by Elites in respective categories. Guest Artist : Dancer : Meghna Murali, A Bharatanatyam dance presentation on Devi. Singer : Mala Pydimari, Carnatic Singer.
2017 : Jalso : Celebration of Life with Dance, Event : Nritya Ki Masti, Navarasa in Bharatanatyam, Bollywood And Indian Folk Dances. A seperate presentation of Fusion Dances was also showed by our own students, elites-trained in 3 different dance forms/styles. Guest Artist : Dancer : Easter Bunny. 2018 : ABCD - American Born Cultured Desi Event : Participating fundraiser for a private foundation-Cqunce Inc. Dances in Bharatanatyam, Bollywood & Indian Folk Dances featuring Festivals of India or celebrated by Indians outside India. A special 11 minute tribute to Shahrukh Khan - King of Bollywood. Exclusive Fusion Dances were showcased by our elites who are trained in 2-3 different dance forms. Guest Artists : Dances : Mishu Shashtri with her team for Bollywood Garba featuring Navratri. Ritu Kharbanda with her team of Rang Barse duet featuring Holi. Instruments : Arjun Iyer (Middle Schooler, LISD School Band)-Clarinet & Keyboard. Kedar Golvekar : Introducing Music for SRK Tribute on Guitar.
2019 : Anantha-1 Dance Production. Event : An Exclusive Dance Production featuring a full Bharatanatyam Margam,Copyright Dances in Bharatanatyam, Folk Dances of India featuring North, East, West & South India. Special presentation by Elites for Fusion dances such as Swala Jathi, Rabindra Nruthya. Fully trained in their own dances. Guest Artist : Dances : Rinku Das for Kathak Classical Dances Rinku Das for Manipuri Classical Dances. Rinku Das was also introducing choreographer for our company that year. Singing : Our own elite student-Ashna Pethe representing LISD choir.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi | Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves 2012-2019. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
2013 and onwards, Grace And Grooves started teaching Bollywood/Tollywood-Indian Movie Dance Lessons with structured programs. Songs such as Bahubali, Jai Ganesh, Krishna Leela, Heer, Tamma Tamma(Remix) and many more were acknowledged and requested by clients and organizers to perform in community/cultural events and auditions/competitions over and over again. Some of the listed songs that we performed were non-movie songs remixes such as Come and Get it by Selena Gomez, Cheap-Thrills combined with indian songs etc. T’was fun teaching them.
Personal achievements of choreographers with their other dance activities ARE NOT listed. You can check those out in our other blog post! Multiple Entry of same song means it was performed multiple times but with entirely new choreography with absolutely no relevance with previous one. All dancers in non-indian dance forms or styles are fully trained dancers at competitive levels.
These dances have won/taught at recreational, competition and as freelance paid or volunteer workshops (with/without performances) under the exclusive label of Grace And Grooves LLC, or Hetal Nagaraj and our other past/present choreographers and our elites as Assistant Choreographers:Nirja Setty and Ashna Pethe.
Format of below listing – Song Name, Movie/Album-Year, Starring or Singers/if private album. Choreographers Name. Assistant Choreographer as Asst. (Practices or few couple sequences.).
The number of songs prepared differently do not relate to the number of performances:
- Bollywood-Maine Payal Hai Chhankaai-Album (1999), Falguni Pathak.
- 2nd Place Group-Best Dress, Best Choreography. Hetal Nagaraj. Direct Competition Work. Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- This dance was inspired from Hetal Nagaraj’s own cousin sister’s dance:Jasmin Bhatt.
- Different choreography was then taught twice to 2 different age groups and was successfully performed in Group and Duet in cultural events at Irving-Texas, Arlington-Texas, Grapevine, Texas.
- Above were different age groups had successfully cleared auditions in other Bollywood Competitions as well.(Duets).
- 2nd Place Group-Best Dress, Best Choreography. Hetal Nagaraj. Direct Competition Work. Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dil To Pagal Hai Medley (1997-Shahrukh Khan, Karishma Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit Nene). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chak Dhoom Dhoom(1997-Shahrukh Khan, Karishma Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit Nene). Group-Students, Carrollton-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tumko Piya Dil Diya Kitne Naaz Se, Shikari (1963). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pankh Hote Re Ud Aati Re, Sehra(1963). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas
- Tollywood- Maan Karate – Dambakku (Sivakarthikeyan, Hansika), Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Couples. Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood – Its Time to Party – Attarintiki Daredi (Pawan Kalyan, Samantha, Hamsa Nandini) Hetal Nagaraj. Duet. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nenjinile Nenjinile, Dil Se. (1998-Shahrukh Khan, Preety Zinta). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jiya Jale, Dil Se (1998-Shahrukh Khan, Preety Zinta). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chale Jaise Hawaien, Main Hoon Na (2004-Shahrukh Khan, Sushmita Sen). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Carrollton-Texas, Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sasural Genda Phool, Delhi 6 (Dance India Dance). Remix-Shakti Mohan-Youtube Version (Public). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Carrollton-Texas.
- Bollywood Medley-Manwa Laage – Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas, Highland Village-Texas.
- Ni Maen Nacha – Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas, Highland Village-Texas.
- Bollywood-SemiClassical(Kathak): Kehna Hi Kya(Bombay, 1995), Hetal Nagaraj. Student-Solo-Adult(Below 30 Age). Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood- Taal Medley (Taal, 1999). Hetal Nagaraj. Student-Duet. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mujhe Rang De-Thakshak (1999-Ajay Devgan, Tabu). Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Adults Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jai Ho-SlumDog Millionaire (Remix 2009). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sa Ni Dha Pa, Colonial Cousins(1996) by Lezz (Leslie Lewis) and Hariharan. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas, Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pretty Woman, Kal Ho Na Ho. (2003-Shahrukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Preity Zinta). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Barso Re Megha Barso, Guru (2007-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas, Adults.
- Bollywood-Pari Hoon Main, Album-Dhuan(1990) by Suneeta Rao. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aika Dajiba, Album-Aika Dajiba(2002) by Vaishali Samant(Ishita Arun and Milind Gunaji) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tunak Tunak Tun, Album-Tunak Tunak Tun(1998), by Daler Mehndi. Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisvile-Texas, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pallo Latke, Naukar(1979-Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sau Tarah Ke, Dishoom(2016-John Abraham, Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline Fernandez). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Badtameez Dil, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013-Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students.
- Bollywood-Morni Baga Ma Bole, Lamhe(1991-Sridevi, Anil Kapoor). Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Students. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Morni Baga Ma Bole, Lamhe (1991-Sridevi, Anil Kapoor). Hetal Nagaraj Solo. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Sadi Gali, Tanu Weds Manu (2011-Ft. Kangna Ranaut R Madhavan). Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas, Irving/Las Colinas-Texas.
- Barso Re Megha Barso, Guru (2007-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan). Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Gana Baja De, by Hey Bro, Sunidhi Chauhan, Feat. Ali Zafar, Ganesh Acharya. (2014) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. 2:00 Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-U-n-I (Mere Dil Vich Hum Tum) (Saif Ali Khan,Rani Mukerji). Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas, Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha Nachegi, Tevar(2014-Sonakshi Sinha, Manoj Bajpayee). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas,
- Bollywood-Aaj Radha Ko Shyam, Chand Ka Tukda- (1994-Sridevi, Salman Khan). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha Nachegi(Tevar-2014). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Southlake-Texas.
- Radha Ko Shyam(Chaand Ka Tudka-1994). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Kala Chashma, Baar Baar Dekho (2016-Sidharth M, Katrina K). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha On The Dance Floor – Student of the Year (2012-Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas. Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu)-Down Down, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Hassan, S.S Thaman). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu)-Down Down, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Hassan, S.S. Thaman). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Boys and Girls. Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu)-Down Down, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Hassan, S.S. Thaman). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Boys and Girls. Irving-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Sweety Song, Race Gurram(2014-Allu Arjun, Shruti Haasan, Saloni, Prakash Raj) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood Medley-Race Gurram Medley. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Boys and Girls, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood Medley-Race Gurram Medley. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Girls. Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood (Telugu Cinema) Bharatha Vedamuga, Pournami(2006-Prabhas, Trisha) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults-Lewisville, Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema) Vaana Chinukulu, – Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu, (2013-Mahesh Babu, Venkatesh, Samantha, Anjali-SVSC) Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults, Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema) Banthi Poola Janaki, Baadshah(2013-Jr.NTR, Kajal Aggarwal). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults-Lewisville, Texas.
- Bollywood-Ek Pal Ka Jeena(Copy That Exact)KAHO NA PYAR HAI(2000-Hrithik Roshan, Amisha Patel). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Las Colinas, Texas.
- Bollywood-Maye Ne Maye, Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994-Salman Khan, Madhuri Dixit), Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Om Ganeshai Namah-Remix Album(Unknown) – Hetal Nagaraj. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood Style-classical Bharatnatyam-Deep Poojanam-Shlokas/Private Album(Morning Prayers)-Hetal Nagaraj. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dumpling Warrior Remix -Hetal Nagaraj. Tap Choreography-Nirja Setty. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaj Blue Hai Paani Paani.( Private-Album Yoyo Honey Singh)-Coppell-Texas. Adults-Students. Baby-Shower Party Workshop.
- Bollywood-Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar, Remix-by Raghav(2004). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Flowermound-Texas, Lewisville-Texas. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dil Ne Dil Ko Pukaara, Kaho Na Pyar Hai (2000-Hritik Roshan, Amisha Patel). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-All Boys. Lewisville-Texas. Keller-Texas.
- Bollywood-Marathi/Hindi-Apsara (Abhishek Salve)- Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Duet. Keller-Texas. Marathi Dances.
- Bollywood-BreakFree Remix – Adults-Solo, (Krazzy 4, 2008) 2:40. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaja Nachle, Aaja Nachle(2007-Madhuri Dixit, Konkona Sen, Kunal Kapoor, Akshaye Khanna). Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nagada Sang Dhol, Ram Leela (2013-Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nagada Sang Dhol Remix w/added beats, Ram-Leela (2013-Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Koi Ladki Hai Jab, Dil To Pagal Hai(1997-Shahrukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Karishma Kapoor). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas, Carrollton-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mangalam Ganesham.(Dev, 2004 ) Duet-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mangalam Ganesham. Solo-Student. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Come & Get It Remix. Album – Come And Get it by Selena Gomez (2013). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chhaliya – Tashan (2008-Kareena Kapoor, Akshay Kumar). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Senorita – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara(2011). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas,
- Bollywood-Senorita – Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara(2011). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Adults-Coppell/Texas.
- Bollywood-Gallan Goodiyaan, Dil Dhadakne Do (2015-Anil Kapoor, Shefali Shah, Priyanka Chopra, Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma). Duet-Students.
- Copy That On Request-Touch Dance Studio Choreographed by Nischal Rana (Public Video on Youtube-Go Check Them Out). Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan, Roy-Meet Bros Anjjan, Kanika Kapoor(2015). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. (4-8) Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Deewangi Deewangi, Om Shanti Om (2011-Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Deewangi Deewangi, Om Shanti Om((2011-Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone) Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Student. Frisco-Texas.
- IndiaWale Medley. Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Student. Frisco-Texas. Group-Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Ho Jayegi Balle, Album-Bhangra King (2014) Daler Mehdi By Daler Mehdi. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dardi Rab Rab, Album-Bhangra King (2014)Daler Mehdi By Daler Mehdi. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Maye Ne Maye, Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994-Salman Khan, Madhuri Dixit), Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Badtameez Dil, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013-Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone). Hetal Nagaraj. Couples-Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Khuda Jaane, Bachna Ae Haseeno. (2008-Ranbir Kapoor,Deepika Padukone) Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Teri Ore, Singh Is King (2008-Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif). Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chaliya(Tashan, 2008), Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tum Agar Saamne, Raaz (2002-Dino Morea, Bipasha Basu). Duet. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood Bhangra-Daler Mehdi Medley – Dardi, Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas,
- Bollywood Bhangra – Balle Ball, Plano-Texas,
- Bollywood Bhangra – Tunak. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Attarintiki Daredi, It’s Time To Party (2013-Pawan Kalyan, Samantha, Hamsa Nandini) Hetal Nagaraj. Couple-Duet. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan, Roy-Meet Bros Anjjan, Kanika Kapoor (2015). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. (9 to 11). Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Ohoho Ammayi Song, Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu(2013-Mahesh Babu, Samantha-SVSC). Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Heer, Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012-Shah Rukh Khan,Katrina Kaif,Gulzar) Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Grapevine-Texas.
- Bollywood-Heer, Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012-Shah Rukh Khan,Katrina Kaif,Gulzar) Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Euless-Texas.
- Bollywood- Laage, Happy New Year (2015) Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students-Kids. 2:55. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Manwa Laage (4 Mins), Happy New Year (2015) Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students-Adults. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Medley-Aika Dajiba, Colonial Cousins, Jai Ho. Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Mansi Chauhan. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Cinema)-Sivuni Aana, Bahubali (2015-Prabhas, Rana, Anushka, Tamannaah). Group. Lewisville-Texas.
- 1st Place with the best dress, best choreography, graceful theme, best-makeup Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Choreographer-Mansi Chauhan. Competition Work-Hetal Nagaraj. Solo.
- Hindi Bahubali, Kaun Hai Voh, Group and Solo-Students. Tantex-Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas, Irving-Texas.
- Tamil Bahubali, Siva Sivaya Potri. Group and Solo-Students. Hetal Nagaraj, Asst. Mansi Chauhan.
- Bollywood-Thug Le, Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl (2011-Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma). Mansi Chauhan. Asst. Hetal Nagaraj. Group and Solo-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaja Nachle, Aaja Nachle(Remix-2011). Mansi Chauhan. (Auditions-Selected). Solo. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-India Wale, Happy New Year (2015) Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Woh Kishna Hai, Kisna(2005-Vivek Oberoi, Antonia Bernath, Isha Sharvani, Amrish Puri). Mansi Chauhan. Solo. Iskon Temple, Dallas-Texas.
- Bollywood-Thug Le-Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl(Remix-Own). Hetal Nagaraj. Solo. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mujhe Rang De-Thakshak (1999-Ajay Devgan, Tabu). Deepthi Chandrasekaran, Hetal Nagaraj. Group Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nimbooda-Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999-Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan). Mansi Chauhan, Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Nimbooda-Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999-Salman Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan). Mansi Chauhan. Asst. Hetal Nagaraj. Solo-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Woh Kisna Hai-Kisna (2005-Vivek Oberoi, Antonia Bernath, Isha Sharvani, Amrish Puri). Deepthi Chandrasekaran. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Chhalka Chhalka Re, Saathiya. (2002-Rani Mukherjee, Vivek Oberoi). Hetal Nagaraj, Asst.Deepthi Chandrasekeran. Group-Students. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood Lavani -Pinga, Bajirao Mastani (2015-Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra). Mansi Chauhan, Asst. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Shiv Tandav-Album- Uma Mohan Ji & Times Music (Unknown} Hetal Nagaraj. Age 6 to 10. Intermediate. Frisco West-Texas.
- Bollywood-Shiv Tandav-Album-Uma Mohan Ji & Times Music, Hetal Nagaraj. Age 6 to 9. Pre-Competition. (Unknown}. Frisco East-Texas.
- Bollywood- Shankarji Mix from Television Series – Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood- Shankarji Mix from Television Series – Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood Ranveer Singh Medley-Tune Maari Entriyaan-Gunday (2013)+Jigar Da Tukda(2011) Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jug Ghumaya(Sultan-2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Southlake-Texas.
- O Re Piya(Aaja Nachle-2007 – Hetal Nagaraj. Southlake-Texas.
- Kaala Chashma(Baar Baar Dekho-2016)– Hetal Nagaraj. Southlake-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jai Ganesha Deva, AgniPath(2012) – Group-Students. Hetal Nagaraj. Las-Colinas, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Jai Ganesha Deva, AgniPath(2012) – Solo/Auditions-Student. Hetal Nagaraj. Las Colinas-Irving, Texas.
- Bollywood-Mohenjo Daro (2016)+Boat Song (Kuttanadan Punjayile – Kerala Boat Song, Vidya Vox English Remix, 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Taal (Western Remix, Bollywood Style Classical Bharatnatyam)-Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Aduts, Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood Moorni “Balle Balle”. Southlake-Texas.
- on Request of Dholrhythms Dance Workshops, Panjabi MC. (Check them on You-tube)
- + Dus Bahane (Dus, 2005) Medley -Hetal Nagaraj.
- Bollywood-Dhunki (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, 2011) – Hetal Nagaraj. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Radha Nachegi(Tevar-2014) + Kaala Chashma (Baar Baar Dekho 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Medley-Nagada Sang Dhol (2013) + Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan (2015) + Radha On Dance Floor-Remix (Student of Year.2013) Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Maa Tuje Salaam (A.R. Rahman – Maa Tujhe Salaam, 1997) – Hetal Nagaraj. Solo Appearance- Mansi Chauhan. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood- Le Gayee – Dil To Pagal Hai, 1997. Hetal Nagaraj. Tap Choreography-Nirja Setty. Coppell-Texas.
- Bollywood-Ashai Mugam- ft. Vidya Vandana – Shankar Tucker. Hetal Nagaraj. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Udi Udi Jaai, Raees (Shah rukh Khan, Mahira Khan, 2017) – Hetal Nagaraj, Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Apsara (Abhishek Salve) – Hetal Nagaraj, Mansi Chauhan. Group-Students. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Dhoom Machale (Dhoom-3, 2013) – Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood- Kaala Chashma (Baar Baar Dekho 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Let’s Nacho (Kapoor & Sons, 2016), Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tamma Tamma (Remix-Badrinath Ki Dulhania) – Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Mansi Chauhan. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Manwa Laage, Happy New Year (2015). Students-Groups Adults-Deepthi Chandrasekaran. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-London Thumakda, Queen (2014). Deepthi Chandrasekaran. Groups Students-Adults. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Bholi Si Surat (Remix-Jai Matt) – Hetal Nagaraj. Asst. Ashna Pethe. Choreographer: Hetal Nagaraj. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Cham Cham (Baaghi, 2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Students-Group. Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood-Befikre Mashup (Befikre-2016, Baaghi-2016) – Hetal Nagaraj. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood Lavani – Galyan Sankli Sonyachi (Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin, 1991) – Hetal Nagaraj. Solo Appearance-Mansi Chauhan. Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Kehna Hi Kya+Mixup Medley, (Bombay, 1995) – Hetal Nagaraj. Student-Adult-Solo. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood-Mohe Rang Do Laal – Mansi Chauhan, Solo. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood-Pallo Latke (1979-Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle)-Hetal Nagaraj. Duet-Students. Frisco West-Texas.
- Bollywood-Tere Naina (Chandni Chowk To China, 2014). Student-Solo, Lewisville-Texas.
- Kay Sara Sara(Pukar, 2000-Anil Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit). Solo-Student. Lewisville-Texas
- Bollywood-Nachde Ne Saare(Baar Baar Dekho, 2016). Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood-Aaja Nachle Remix. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas,
- Bollywood-Nachenge Saari Raat Remix (Junooniyat Movie). Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville-Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood (Telugu Movie Cinema) Laychalo (Ram Charan, Rakul Preet Singh). Choreography : Mansi Chauhan. Choreographer-Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Students. Solo-Auditions. Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood (Telugu Movie Cinema) Bahubali. Kanna Nidurinchara. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood(Kana Soja Zara). Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Lewisville-Texas.
- Tamil Movie Cinema – Kanna Nee Thoongadaa. Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Lewisville-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Bahubali. Kanna Nidurinchara. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood(Kana Soja Zara). Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Irving-Texas.
- Tamil Movie Cinema – Kanna Nee Thoongadaa. Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Irving-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Bahubali. Kanna Nidurinchara. Hetal Nagaraj. Group: Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood(Kana Soja Zara). Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Kanna Nee Thoongadaa. Bahubali. Hetal Nagaraj. Group Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Gudillo Madhillo. Movie-DJ. Hetal Nagaraj. Bollywood Hip Hop. Irving-Texas, Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Seeti Maar. Movie-DJ. Hetal Nagaraj. Bollywood Hip Hop. Irving-Texas, Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Bollywood Hip Hop Unchi Hai Building (Judwa-2). Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas, Plano/Frisco-Texas.
- Tollywood(Telugu Movie Cinema) Pranaamam. Movie-Janatha Garage. Hetal Nagaraj. Indian Hip Hop.
- Bollywood – Ding Dang. Movie-MunnaMichael. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Irving/Texas.
- Bollywood – 9 Se 12 Movie-Judwaa 2. Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline. Group-Plano-Irving/Texas.
- Bollywood – Chalte Chalte, Movie-Pakeezah. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville/Texas.
- Bollywood – Piya. Meena Kumari. Movie-Sahib, Biwi Aur Gulam. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewisville/Texas.
- Bollywood – Tumko Piya. Movie-Shikari. Hetal Nagaraj. Group-Lewiville/Texas.
- Bollywood Bhangra Remix w/Shape of You – Hetal Nagaraj. Group – Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas, Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood Radha. Movie-Jab Harry Met Sejal. Hetal Nagaraj. Group – Irving – Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tollywood Radha. Movie-Jab Harry Met Sejal. Hetal Nagaraj. Group – Irving – Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Tamil Radha. Movie-Jab Harry Met Sejal. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving – Texas, Plano-Texas.
- Bollywood – Kar Gai Chul. Movie-Kapoor & Sons. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas.
- Bollywood – Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas. Lewisville-Texas.
- Bollywood – Hanuman Gun Sagar . Private Album. Hetal Nagaraj. Irving-Texas, Plano-Texas.
The pre-made MP3 files in various combinations of these songs are available with/without added beats/musics from other sources for sale for $10 for each remix with exclusive copyright to re-use without using our name in tag anywhere. The original songs are available everywhere irrespective of copyrights. Ours is performance oriented and its not original song. you can own it for your dance school or dance groups without any efforts by buying it. No edits. Take it or Leave it. Choreography not included with these files. Welcome to ask for it and it will be sold with seperate price tag depending on copyrights on it (as they are our Competition Dances). Average mixes are about 5 minutes while some up-to 10minutes.
Because At Grace And Grooves LLC, we don’t really like to repeat same songs unless requested a lot or for specific purposes even for teaching 😉 OR we make them all over again with other sets of remixes or beats or added music to it. It is FUN and that is what Bollywood/Tollywood/Indian Movie Dances ALL ABOUT. FUN……..SAFELY 😉
OH YEAH, WE ARE GOING TO TRASH THESE MIX-UPS ANYWAYS 😉
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi | Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves 2012-2017.
This material can not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission. If found being copied without permission will be sued in the court of law.
#historyneverrepeats #alwaysnew #alwaysfun #fresh #happy #fun #graceandgrooves #hetaljoshim #sowhatifitsbollywood #sowhatifitstollywood #takeitorleaveit #straightbackground #mp3files #store #noiterations #funwithcreativity #intelligencewithknowledge #knowledgeforfun #lovingit #norules
Grace And Grooves List of Articles By Hetal Joshi M, Hetal Nagaraj.
ALL Password Protected Posts are going forward PAID posts for our exclusive members.
For research students/art enthusiasts and for dance credit interns – Pls contact Ms. Hetal : Here OR here directly.
Enrollments : Please Register Here.
- ALL Events Of Grace And Grooves | Hetal Joshi M : Updated Often!
- ALL Dance Productions | Recitals By Hetal Nagaraj : Updated Annually
- Time-Line of Grace And Grooves LLC : Updated Annually
- Student of The Year – Updated Annually. : Updated Annually
- Grace And Grooves Group by Hetal Joshi – Brands, Companies…
- Our Elites & Their Accomplishments – Coming Soon!
- Reviews : From Our Students/Parents with Years of Trainings
- Is Learning Language Required To Learn Dances ?
- Grace And Grooves Awards & Accomplishments In Competitions as well as Other Non-Competition Events
- Journey of Master In Fine Arts….Submitted By Hetal Nagaraj
- Series & Sequels, What are they.. by Hetal Nagaraj ??
- Why Seperate Names for Each Programs ??
- Dhamaal Events USA Website Moves To Grace And Grooves Website
- Grace And Grooves Dance Performances List
- Know The Dancer by Dance
- Workshops Craze
- Dance Forms, Styles, Creative Dances, Fusions…What’s Buzz?
- Why Grace And Grooves LLC discontinued Better Business Bureau of Dallas Fortworth Areas of North Texas, USA
- Anybody Can Dance(ABCD), Can Anybody Teach ?
- Dance Glossary : NEW !! Always Updating !!!
- Guest/International Faculties at Grace And Grooves LLC
- Guest Artist at Grace And Grooves LLC Dance Productions
- Why Compete or Perform, What does that get you ?
- International Artist Prospects For Grace And Grooves LLC
- Trained & Untrained Teachers – Difference by Hetal Nagaraj
- Competitions Counted On Our Lists
- Secrets To Winning Competitions for Dummies
- Salutations to our people, we love you & Our Staff
- Salutations to Darpana Academy of Performing Arts (Ahmedabad-India) & Trainings.
- Grace And Grooves LLC, Names, Logo(s) – Updated As Required
- Recital 2017: Celebration of Life Featuring JALSO (NRITYA KI MASTI).
- Past Interns and Visiting Faculties w/Grace And Grooves
- Musical Dance Drama 2017(Public)
- Creative School-Fun Projects
- List of Performances 2015 and Before
- Early Training of Our Founding Member-Raised With Standards
- Recital 2016 : Dance of Gods Featuring ADI-SHAKTI
- Bollywood Fever…. since 2015
- ELITE: Expensive or Quality & Value / Returns 🙂 ?
- Creativity In Performing Arts (Folk): Embrace Or Not?
- Our Story – How, when…. Grace And Grooves Started. And Why us ?
- 1999…. Entering Freelance Private Group Choreography
- Past Volunteers And Staff
- Dance like nobody’s watching OR dance like everybody’s watching?
Call NOW : 972 979 2559 OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org://www.facebook.com/GraceAndGroovesTwitter : https://twitter.com/GraceAndGroovesYoutube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSbZYIr0EPzrfPNzH_0FcVw
- Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi Nagaraj| Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | Kalasri Classical Dance Academy : 2012-2022
- This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Competitions We Do :
As such we have won several competitions but we have only accounted in our bags that we have done it independently ourselves and have judges who are qualified in field of Indian Performing Arts-who know what to look for in dance forms or styles, if mentioned likewise.
- Non-Voting, Strict by Genre, Category, Dance Forms, Rules of Dance Form, Rubrics, Guidelines, Marks and Feedbacks by Judges with straight background, Local or International Depending on all of above.
- Competitions in partnership with other dance schools/teachers are NOT INCLUDED in our list.
- We do not sponsor the awards or competitions that we take part in. Please contact hetal at email@example.com for sponsorships.
- We do not do reality competitions YET. These are not institutionalized or educational competitions.
- Competitions where voting criteria is 10/100 or more at any levels are not included in our list. You are welcome to take freelance lessons from us to participate but we will not participate in voting. We will not take those on our list.
- Judges who do not have any knowledge of dance or cannot outline the difference between simple things such as bollywood vs folk, fusion vs bollywood, and so on! If you do not know the rules of dance form then there is no point in judging. And so, we do not take part in those competitions.
- Participant Awards are NOT listed or considered for us-obviously and that includes students who get participant awards during competitions just for participating and not winning competitions for any runner ups awards either. Culture awards are not competition awards 🙂
- Wins at the Competitions that misrepresented categories/competitions/malrepresentation by the organizers are NOT listed.
- Eg-Represented as Indian FOLK Competition but it was actually a Bollywood Competition and so they are NOT LISTED HERE. We have won such competitions as well.
- Only legitimate competitions are listed.
- We DO NOT teach Tap/Jazz/Ballet. Students who took part in fusion dances that included tap/jazz or ballet were trained from Ballet Academy of Texas(Coppell) and Prestige Dance Company(Lewisville-former Coppell Dance Center)for 2months+ or were already avid trained dancers or good gymnasts.
- We taught them only Indian Classical Dance(Bharatnatyam)or Indian Folk Dance and the Fusion work to go together based on what they knew.
- Some competitions are listed together as only 1 award was given for consecutive years win or in same year as prizes had material gifts/or gift cards for participants or same work received awards in 2 different places by different participants or same participants. There was only 1 ceremony for awards that happened.
- Competitions that are not worth our attention –>
- Students are neglected, mis-treated, insulted by organizers are NOT worth of our time. We will pass their info-you are welcome to compete but keep us out of it.
- Organizers are in favor of other dance schools and allowed several re-takes to them but not to us-for no good reason are NOT worth our time. We DO NOT want children to go through that traumatic experiences.
- Students are questioned about their well-being priorities only because organizer couldn’t see the child winning in-spite of stopping the vote entries are NOT worth of your child’s time.
- Organizers that offer inappropriate stage areas, dressing room areas or unsafe dance conditions are eliminated from our list for any future participations due to SAFETY GUIDELINES concerning child’s safety. We don’t come there to dance in 5-8 steps of stage area.
- A stage or organizer who cannot respect a child’s presence while talking just about anything that they have in mind insulting kids and their parents whatsoever, esp. talking in extremely loud voice and misbehaving in front of children because you couldn’t handle pressures (while others were allowed to do same-all drama in front of child)-is not worth our attention.
Please learn your manners FIRST when you treat a child.
Stop treating them like trash — this tells us about your parenting! Not our parents’.
- An organizer who is bias to us in all the privileges given to other participants will not need our attention at any given point of time. If you have made up your mind in not allowing us to avail the privileges then why should we make kids suffer through your misconduct and inappropriate behavior just for a trophy ?
Constructive feedbacks are very welcomed. We have come this far only because of constructive feedbacks. Please tell us your background before you judge!
All of above are NOT sarcastic humor incidents and are ruled out by experiences in recent competitions and we do not want any child to face such a traumatic experience just for a competition! Our kids/students are very precious to us.
Other Blog Posts where such a traumatic incident happened : Read Here.
Stop blaming parents and kids for your own issues. Open Stats @Cqunce Inc.
This post was updated in May 15, 2019 | May 22, 2021.
Exclusive Copyrights by Reach Media for Hetal Joshi | Grace & Grooves | Grace Creations | Grace And Grooves 2012-2021. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Everybody in this world has their inspiration from somewhere or something. So do we and all our names. Just out of sky it did not come in our mind to get these names on our paper to register them as our own. With so many theories out there about names, we had to clear our own lists of all the DBA(s), Logo(s)….
Grace And Grooves LLC (2012) : This is sort of like additional information on how we got our name. As shared in link above on Grace And Grooves LLC(2012), we got our name from audiences. Topic 2 From Here.
Here’s little more to nail-biting situation we were put through for name!
We had unexpected challenges during this walk-in competition. When asked what dance company it was–we did not have a name back then. We did not know what to answer. We wondered, why was it required to put a name when organizer did not disclose such a thing before the event as a basic requirement and just took us in to compete.
Grace, poise, artistic choreography never fails to sell itself. This was compared to a youtube copied choreography that had over a million views 🙂 It had us worried for a while until we heard that we received 1st place award. We were told to give some name by the end of event and when the results are announced(if we win!) so that they can address it as we were the ONLY people there who did not have name there. They seemed to be against participants that were not registered.
An American Indian (well, married to Indian 🙂 complimented our parents and students that she did not understand language or meaning of song but choreography was so beautiful that it touched her heart.
She mentioned specifically which sequence of dance it was upon asking. The song was about relation between Meera(a devotee of lord krishna) and Lord Krishna that was well-read to audience before the song. But, the ending dance sequence when Meera looses her presence in materialistic world in Hare Krishna Dhun (chants with complete submission to the lord Krishna). This dance was performed by Nirja Setty and her school friend (name disclosed on request) in our own designed Kerala Style Tissue Pattu Pavadai. Cloth for this costume was specifically shipped from India (on request of-course) and re-stitched, re-designed for these girls in the City of Irving-Coppell,Texas USA. She said, the dance brought tears in her eyes. Our Success! After hearing compliments from this young lady, we named ourselves–Grace And Grooves when they called us on stage to receive our award-1st place. It was instant. We loved the name that we accidentally spoke out! Comments by the judges : Beautiful Choreography, Dramatic Appearances, Nicely done, Beautiful costumes/props and compliments such as how did you do such a beautiful dance choreography on this song! We always get that & happy to hear one more time 🙂 Choreographer : Hetal Nagaraj. Inspirations from her trainings.
Both students were learning Bharatnatyam with us and Indian Folk Dance(Pure) towards common goal of having them compete in a competition as duet, if the audition process goes well. And, we were waiting to hear the results. Meanwhile, we came to know of this competition and we walked right-in when we heard walk-ins are welcomed. This choreography work has won several awards in competitions, at times-back to back. Nobody gets tired of it :). We hear the same thing–how did you do it!
CALL NOW 972 979 2559 or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Creations(2013) : A name that was a direct inspiration from an Indian artistic dance company in east-coast of United States. We were in love with it the day we came across them through a friend. We were shown their you-tube videos when our friend saw Mrs.Nagaraj’s semi-classical work performed by her own self. Our other inspiration was Indian Dance School(In Georgia, USA) for their beautiful unique fusion works. Very artistically done and both of these are Bharatnatyam based Indian Dance Companies. And we started following them but with our own artistic, innovative ways and we infused lot of other styles, forms of dances as well–at times within the limits of form or style while the other times-totally off-limits. All students however were trained in their forms and styles to maintain their commitments. All our fusion choreography work often performs under the label of Grace Creations. Grace Creations will perform in later years next and is currently on vacation :).
CALL NOW 972 979 2559 or Email : email@example.com
Nruthyakala Dance Academy(2017) : The word comes from words Nruthya (or Nritya meaning dance) and Kala meaning Art. We had in mind several other names but we needed a name that goes for both the dance forms – Bharatanatyam and Indian Folk Dances(India). Main idea was to have Nruthya(Nritya meaning Dance) that is combination of Nritta and Natya – both;thus separating these two beautiful forms from all the other programs that we offer. Eventually, it may happen that Bharatnatyam and Indian Folk Dances may operate separately but until then this is it-we loved this as it best-fits our need!
CALL NOW 972 979 2559 or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mirchi Dance Academy(2017): This word was decided last year! Very well, it came from Red Chillies Entertainment (An Entertainment Company in Mumbai, India). Mirchi(meaning hot pepper/chillies) is always a must have in plate if you have roots from Kathyavaad. Coming from hybrid-gujarati family, we were born eating tasty peppers/chillies with our all-time favorite theplas, stuffed paranthas or bajri-rotlas with all the other goodies. Some habits don’t go, they say! From our food plate to our DBA name. And you thought we don’t love Bollywood :)…Yes, bring it onn. It is tasty!
Date: August 15, 2017.
Exclusively written by Hetal Nagaraj. Copyright Reach Media for Grace And Grooves | Grace Creations | Nruthyakala Dance Academy | Mirchi Dance Academy | 2012-2017. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.